[Vague Title]Colts And Bills

Paul Costa

6 hours ago, kdiggz said:

ABSOLUTELY!  don't get my hopes up like that.  people forget Luck is only 28 and is fresh assuming his shoulder issues are taken care of.  he can play another 10 yrs + easily

He’s coming off a major injury. Not guaranteed to come back at the same level. Let alone another injury to his shoulder ?

9 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

The real question is why Matt Patricia took the Detroit job over the Giants.

I would take Stafford over Manning at this stage.

You still have a big window to build around Stafford. Plus bonus points for not having to deal with OBJ.

Edited by cba fan

This team has far, far to many holes to give up a bunch of draft picks for any one player at this point. Losing center Eric Wood just gave the team another hole to fill. 

What so many fans seem to forget is that if these new people in the scouting dept, FO know their stuff they can find an elite franchise QB without giving up the farm for him. 

DeShaun Watson was a #12 pick and a kid like Josh Allen with that cannon arm could fall to 12 and a trade with Cincy with Glenn might be a smart move as they need an OT. So, the Bills might not have to give up so much to move to 12. 

Just a Chiefs fan throwing in my 2cents.  I beleive Alex Smith will be starting for the Colts in 2018.  They don't know yet if Luck is going to recover, play, be good, be ready...etc...You can't commit to drafting a QB at 3 if you already have Luck, but you can't come back and sell tickets if you have to keep waiting to find out and you throw Jacoby Brissett out there again.  (although McDaniels at least has worked with him before)  ....you could trade for Smith.  You get him and his one year under contract at 20 million.  He plays, you compete, and that 20 million buys you a year to find out A) If Luck can or can't come back, and B) if Smith is your mid to long term starter, and you sign him to an extension.  Just my thoughts.

14 hours ago, Zerovotlz said:

Just a Chiefs fan throwing in my 2cents.  I beleive Alex Smith will be starting for the Colts in 2018.  They don't know yet if Luck is going to recover, play, be good, be ready...etc...You can't commit to drafting a QB at 3 if you already have Luck, but you can't come back and sell tickets if you have to keep waiting to find out and you throw Jacoby Brissett out there again.  (although McDaniels at least has worked with him before)  ....you could trade for Smith.  You get him and his one year under contract at 20 million.  He plays, you compete, and that 20 million buys you a year to find out A) If Luck can or can't come back, and B) if Smith is your mid to long term starter, and you sign him to an extension.  Just my thoughts.

So what will it take to trade for Luck. You making my point just with the Chiefs rather than Bills.

On 1/27/2018 at 8:57 AM, horned dogs said:

If we can get a healthy Andruw Luck at a reasonable price I would do it. Don't think there would be any question with Beane either. The problem is will anybody really trust that he is healthy? Big decision for Indy, has it already been made? They could perhaps get Josh Rosen and trade Luck for picks and be on their way. Much cheaper option.

So by that logic Beane should let the Colts pick a QB at 4 if they are going to. That will immediately bring the price for Luck down to manageable and then they trade picks to Indy when the Bills have more leverage. They won't keep both and the draft capital to get up to 4 would be too steep. The gamble here boils down to Proven QB when Healthy in Luck or all those picks to get a potential franchise QB but nowhere near a lock. 

On 1/27/2018 at 1:01 PM, Chuck Wagon said:

Luck is a double edged sword.  The Colts know more about him than any team.  If they are willing to trade him that's a massive red flag and should severely lower his price.  If they are comfortable with his recovery and long term outlook, they aren't trading him.

That is my opinion as well.  

13 minutes ago, BeefCurtns said:

So by that logic Beane should let the Colts pick a QB at 4 if they are going to. That will immediately bring the price for Luck down to manageable and then they trade picks to Indy when the Bills have more leverage. They won't keep both and the draft capital to get up to 4 would be too steep. The gamble here boils down to Proven QB when Healthy in Luck or all those picks to get a potential franchise QB but nowhere near a lock. 

Interesting thoughts!

37 minutes ago, BeefCurtns said:

If I’m the Colts GM and  my guy is there at 3, I would have several deals in place to make the Luck trade. Trade would come moments before they choose there QB of the future. The Bills would be an attractive partner if we are willing to give up picks #21 & #22.

McDaniels and Patricia took these jobs because there are established QBs on the roster. With HCs getting sometimes 2 years to show wins, you're not going to a team without one unless you've got a really high draft pick or unprecedented control. I always figured McD took the Bills job because he's been given latitude to do what he and now Beane need.

There's no guarantee of success but having the top QB goes a long way. I'm sure McDaniels, for all his imperiousness, learned some lessons from his failed Denver tenure. Patricia is more unknown, but their Belichick disciples and I'm sure were able to discern what they needed. 

On 1/27/2018 at 11:55 AM, FearLess Price said:

If they keep Luck, they are a big trade up prospect.

They need OL help, they could use the picks from trading down and we can ship them Cordy Glenn.

Lower expectations, less media sensationalism, and steady QB situation with some good young talent.

Am I the only one that is looking forwardto a season with Glenn not being hurt? After the season off he should be back up to the play they expect from him.

Don't sell the farm for Luck (or any QB).  Might as well write us off for another 17 years if they do that.  I don't see them trading away a ton of picks for a QB.  I wouldn't even do that deal someone posted above for the #3 pick (21, 22, 2019-RD1, Glenn).  That's crazy talk.  This isn't a team where Brady transforms it into a SB winner - and Luck is no Brady.

They are not trading Luck costs them about the sameDead money than his cap hit in a trade before June 1

24M to keep Luck

22M to Trade Luck 

ummm yeah he isnt going anywhere 

Edited by MAJBobby

On 27/01/2018 at 5:00 PM, Kirby Jackson said:

Total hypothetical:

- If you were the Colts would you trade Luck to the Bills for Glenn, 21,22 and a 2019 1st? 

- If you were the Bills would you do that? 

I would in a second as a Bills fan. It makes some sense for the Colts too if the Giants or Browns don’t go QB. They can get Rosen or Darnold, their LT and 3 1sts. I don’t think that the Colts would do it but it isn’t that crazy. They are years from winning as their roster is trash.

I would rather we didn't mortgage the future for a QB that is unable to put his team on his back and get them to the playoffs every year. Luck throws too many interceptions for me i'm really not impressed.

• Thank you (+1) 1