Sign in to follow this  
transplantbillsfan

POLL: Is Taylor a Bills QB in 2018

Is Taylor still a Bills QB in 2018?  

434 members have voted

1. 1. Will Tyrod Taylor still be under contract as a Buffalo Bills QB in 2018?

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 05/03/2018 at 06:07 PM

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Foles over Tyrod in '18.    Why wasn't that clear.   SB MVP at a decent 2 or 3 year  bridge contract.

It wasn't clear because my comment was specifically addressing a statement about Brian Hoyer with absolutely no mention of Nick Foles.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

You want to know a stat that matters??

Multiple Playoff WINS

and a SB MVP honor just sweetens the pot.  

:huh:

For Hoyer...?

Something is wrong with your brain.

3 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Well, actually, no.   This is a general thread and not Transplunts  Alternate Truth - Hoyer or Tyrod argument.   

Too bad my "Alternate Truth" is evidently the ACTUAL Truth... ya know... according to the guy with actual knowledge of the situation. :flirt:

2 hours ago, JohnC said:

That is so esoteric. Are you an effete snob? I am a member of the proletariat. I drink either Bud or Miller Light. You can mock and sneer at me. I am comfortable being associated with real people who have callouses on their hands. :D

Heineken? 0:)

2 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

17-37 134 0 Td’s 1 INT.  

Both QBs are low end starters.  

Let the Darnold era commence ! 

Okay... but preferably Mayfield. :thumbsup:

4 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Does everyone have this option enabled? 

You've chosen to ignore content by transplantbillsfan

I've never seen anyone mention their ignore list as much as you..... which is honestly sort of ironic considering some of your takes.

9 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I've never seen anyone mention their ignore list as much as you..... which is honestly sort of ironic considering some of your takes.

I use the tools available and let those know why I don't respond directly to them.  

Sometimes I have to keep reminding them where they stand.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Heineken? 0:)

When I'm I want to act like I have a touch of sophistication I do like Heineken and Amstel. Some people would consider me an inauthentic proletarian. :)

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000916055/article/tyrod-taylor-demarco-murray-among-afc-cut-candidates

By Gregg Rosenthal

Strong candidates for release

1) Tyrod Taylor, QB, Buffalo Bills: Taylor accepted a restructured contract to remain the Bills' starter last offseason. He's not playing that game this time around, so the Bills will have to either use $18 million in cap room on Taylor or set him free.

I believe Taylor is worth that money as a mid-level starter, but it will be tough for the Bills to attract anything more than a late-round pick for Taylor in a potential trade after they benched him for rookie Nathan Peterman ahead of a Week 11 game against the Chargers.

Taylor's 2018 status was all but written that day in Los Angeles, despite the fact that he was quickly reinstated as the starter and helped Buffalo end its long playoff drought.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I use the tools available and let those know why I don't respond directly to them.  

Sometimes I have to keep reminding them where they stand.   

Damn... my life sucks now!  ShadyBillsFan has me on his ignore list!  He has so many more rep points than me... I just feel like a lesser individual! 

What more is there to live for?!?!  :(

Oh well, back to spiking up his rep  :thumbsup: 

http://billswire.usatoday.com/2018/02/13/buffalo-bills-burning-questions-tyrod-taylor-lesean-mccoy-brian-daboll/

What to do about Tyrod Taylor?

This is the elephant in the room. Taylor has guided the Bills over the past three seasons since his acquisition from Baltimore. He has demonstrated an athleticism that has bailed his offensive line out on several occasions. In addition, he is the first quarterback since 1999 to lead Buffalo to postseason play.

However, Taylor does have his limitations, as some of his struggles in reading schemes have been exposed by opposing defenses. Taylor took a massive pay cut to remain with the team last season. Combined with a strong quarterback draft and the Bills flexibility to move up and draft a high-level quarterback, Taylor’s future with the Buffalo is in a tenuous position.

https://www.wkbw.com/sports/bills/2017-buffalo-bills-all-22-in-review-quarterbacks

2017 Buffalo Bills All-22 in Review: Quarterbacks

Tyrod Taylor
2017 Season GPA: 2.53 (Snap Count: 1,004)
2018 Contract Status: $18.08 million cap hit, signed through 2018 (2019-2021 voids if on the roster five days after 2018 league year Super Bowl)

- Given the green light to start for a third straight season for the Buffalo Bills, Tyrod Taylor continued to do the same things that led to this Bills staff needing him to have a major renegotiation of his contract in the offseason leading up to the campaign. While it wasn’t just his fault, Taylor’s was careful to a fault — and while it’s good that it limited interceptions, it was also a bad thing because the offense really couldn’t get out of the rapidly thickening concrete that was being behind in an individual game. Among the main points of contention, Taylor was just unable to consistently throw his players open — and on top of it, he didn’t consistently see the entire field well enough to take advantage of the weaknesses in the defense. On the upside, Taylor’s mobility and his Houdini-like ability to get out of what seemed like a sure loss of yards was a magnetic trait that kept making you think “Well, let’s see how he progresses.” As a passer, though, it just never fully came together for the Bills and Taylor. And in the early stages of the season, he was basically working in an offense that didn’t actually suit his skill-set. Former offensive coordinator Rick Dennison was hellbent on running his specific offense, regardless of the quarterback he had starting for him. Early on, there was a great deal of three and five-step drops from under center, when shotgun has always been the strength of Taylor. So, it was a combination of errors for Taylor — some his fault, and some not — but ones that he’ll ultimately be judged for considering his lofty cap number for the upcoming season.

3 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Amstel Light?!  Might as well drink water  :P

Beer snobs are insufferable! Get off your high horse and ride the pony. :)

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/26-bold-predictions-for-the-2018-nfl-offseason/ss-BBJ6XYL?ocid=spartandhp#image=18

Buffalo Bills take care of Sam Bradford

Free agency is chock-full of quarterbacks that need new teams. Bradford is a capable and reasonably-priced solution who could mentor a new rookie should the team take a draft flier on a quarterback they desire for the future. Coming off of an injury-plagued year, Bradford cannot demand a jaw-dropping salary. Nobody is going to pay him that. Instead, the Bills can take advantage of Bradford who would benefit tremendously with a workhorse like LeSean McCoy to lean on.

Tyrod Taylor shifts teams in the AFC East

Speaking of the Bills, Taylor looks to be on the move out of Buffalo. His mobility might just make for a refreshing change of pace for the New York Jets. Oh, and the Jets have the fourth-most available cap space which makes adding Taylor a budget-friendly choice. Taylor cannot exactly sell his services sky-high with his injury history. This savings in salary would allow the Jets to spend some money in other areas like the running back and wide receiver positions.

3 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/26-bold-predictions-for-the-2018-nfl-offseason/ss-BBJ6XYL?ocid=spartandhp#image=18

Buffalo Bills take care of Sam Bradford

Free agency is chock-full of quarterbacks that need new teams. Bradford is a capable and reasonably-priced solution who could mentor a new rookie should the team take a draft flier on a quarterback they desire for the future. Coming off of an injury-plagued year, Bradford cannot demand a jaw-dropping salary. Nobody is going to pay him that. Instead, the Bills can take advantage of Bradford who would benefit tremendously with a workhorse like LeSean McCoy to lean on.

Tyrod Taylor shifts teams in the AFC East

Speaking of the Bills, Taylor looks to be on the move out of Buffalo. His mobility might just make for a refreshing change of pace for the New York Jets. Oh, and the Jets have the fourth-most available cap space which makes adding Taylor a budget-friendly choice. Taylor cannot exactly sell his services sky-high with his injury history. This savings in salary would allow the Jets to spend some money in other areas like the running back and wide receiver positions.

looking better and better every day they get closer to the move.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

looking better and better every day they get closer to the move.

If it happens.

I very much doubt we go out and get a frail, breakable QB like Bradford.

Still think Taylor likely stays one more year.  I think the Bills are pumping up a lot of Rosen interest right now as a smokescreen in an effort to make Darnold and Mayfield (possibly Jackson... ?) more attainable and realistic.

If we're going out to get a veteran QB, letting Taylor go and not drafting a QB in the 1st round, I think it's only for Cousins.

One month away!  :thumbsup: 

7 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

If it happens.

I very much doubt we go out and get a frail, breakable QB like Bradford.

Still think Taylor likely stays one more year.  I think the Bills are pumping up a lot of Rosen interest right now as a smokescreen in an effort to make Darnold and Mayfield (possibly Jackson... ?) more attainable and realistic.

If we're going out to get a veteran QB, letting Taylor go and not drafting a QB in the 1st round, I think it's only for Cousins.

One month away!  :thumbsup: 

329-91 says he should be gone. Why is this thread still going? Oh it was created by you, and continue to be bumped everyday by you. I bet your mad you did not get the support for Tyrod you thought you would get. One more month of you bumping this silly thread, his release can't come soon enough.

Goodbye COT

Edited by xRUSHx

3 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

329-91 says he should be gone. Why is this thread still going? Oh it was created by you, and continue to be bumped everyday by you. I bet your mad you did not get the support for Tyrod you thought you would get. One more month of you bumping this silly thread, his release can't come soon enough.

Goodbye COT

No

No

No

No

No

You have extreme reading comprehension problems, that much is clear.

What I want to happen is that I want the Bills to trade up into the top 5 to secure Darnold or Mayfield.  If we do that, I think there's a really good chance Taylor is gone as part of the package moving up to get him.

I would love it if that happened as I really want the team to draft Darnold or Mayfield... or Rosen, although as I've been saying I really just don't think he's the guy OBD is targeting (despite the thread stating our interest, this is pretty obvious smokescreen time).

If we trade up to draft any of those 3 guys, I'm perfectly happy throwing them into the rookie fire as starters.

That is NOT what the poll is asking and it is NOT what I think will happen... which is what the poll asks.

Sorry...

Try separating your thoughts from your feelings.

32 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

No

No

No

No

No

You have extreme reading comprehension problems, that much is clear.

What I want to happen is that I want the Bills to trade up into the top 5 to secure Darnold or Mayfield.  If we do that, I think there's a really good chance Taylor is gone as part of the package moving up to get him.

I would love it if that happened as I really want the team to draft Darnold or Mayfield... or Rosen, although as I've been saying I really just don't think he's the guy OBD is targeting (despite the thread stating our interest, this is pretty obvious smokescreen time).

If we trade up to draft any of those 3 guys, I'm perfectly happy throwing them into the rookie fire as starters.

That is NOT what the poll is asking and it is NOT what I think will happen... which is what the poll asks.

Sorry...

Try separating your thoughts from your feelings.

Your wasting your time explaining this to Rush.....his hate for Tyrod Taylor is so extreme he cannot process what you are trying to say here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, John from Hemet said:

Your wasting your time explaining this to Rush.....his hate for Tyrod Taylor is so extreme he cannot process what you are trying to say here.

for rush every single week that taylor started was the week that the wheels were gonna fall off, signaled no more wins for the rest of the season and each upcoming home game he inevitably would predict he'd be leaving by halftime..... you never would have guessed the bills made the playoffs reading some of the trash he and few others like to vomit out onto their keyboards around here. which is just so ridiculous to me becuz I thoroughly enjoyed myself the whole season. what a ride!

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

for rush every single week that taylor started was the week that the wheels were gonna fall off, signaled no more wins for the rest of the season and each upcoming home game he inevitably would predict he'd be leaving by halftime..... you never would have guessed the bills made the playoffs reading some of the trash he and few others like to vomit out onto their keyboards around here.

to be fair, there were also a lot of TT fans who predicted 4 to 6 wins for the 2017 season.  

You just have to pick and choose what to gloss over and ignore.  

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

to be fair, there were also a lot of TT fans who predicted 4 to 6 wins for the 2017 season.  

You just have to pick and choose what to gloss over and ignore.  

I thought 10 or 11 before all the moves happened. after that I figured it'd be between 5 to 8. color me an optimist I guess. but regardless that's not the point of my post the point is about how rush handled the team and his posts on a week to week basis. he's easily the most dramatic, over the top and irrational guy I've encountered on the board. each week, according to him, after the saints game was bound to be a disaster as long as taylor started. ranting about how they wouldn't win another game if he saw the field and how he was sure he'd be leaving the fins home game early if they put taylor back in after the indy game. just REALLY dumb stuff.... then they screwed around and made the playoffs. perfect.

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

for rush every single week that taylor started was the week that the wheels were gonna fall off, signaled no more wins for the rest of the season and each upcoming home game he inevitably would predict he'd be leaving by halftime..... you never would have guessed the bills made the playoffs reading some of the trash he and few others like to vomit out onto their keyboards around here. which is just so ridiculous to me becuz I thoroughly enjoyed myself the whole season. what a ride!

Me too... geez I would have thought as a fanbase suffering 17 years without playing a meaningful game in January (and most years without a meaningful game in December) that everyone would be happy we finally got that damn monkey off our back.

Now, next year is a different story.

Next year, no matter what, I expect playoffs and a better team than this past year and, hopefully, an actual contender.

However, that doesn't change the fact that 2017 was absolutely an overwhelming success.  :thumbsup: 

54 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

from what I see of you. you take other peoples takes, although extreme at times, way too serious.

frankly, rather then ignore those takes that seem to really bother you, you pounce on the opportunity to show just how much it bothers you. just because you enjoyed watching means everyone should of enjoyed? means they're less a fan? I don't think so.

also, you trashing others takes you feel are trash, is nothing but trashing as well.

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, John from Hemet said:

Sadly I know all too well  what he is trying to say in his thread(38 pages of it) it is all about how he wants a new QB but he also wants to point out that Tyrod will be back for another season. Trans said this over and over and over and over again in this thread. His agenda is all about keeping Tyrod another season while trying to join the masses to get another QB but let's not pretend the main agenda is about another QB it is IMO his agenda that Tyrod in his mind will return another season and he wants everyone to know this, everyday in this thread on every page. I am sick of seeing his thread and his repeat of how he thinks Tyrod will return.

My hate for Tyrod?

How about my love for my favorite team to want better QBing, one that teams are worried about him being a QB not game planing to make him a QB. I want the team to move on to better, a franchise worthy QB not other teams backups being over paid at OBD with each new staff.

The COT leader gets pushed a little and the extreme stank posts come out to his defense to put down ones that want the change. SMH

42 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Me too... geez I would have thought as a fanbase suffering 17 years without playing a meaningful game in January (and most years without a meaningful game in December) that everyone would be happy we finally got that damn monkey off our back.

Now, next year is a different story.

Next year, no matter what, I expect playoffs and a better team than this past year and, hopefully, an actual contender.

However, that doesn't change the fact that 2017 was absolutely an overwhelming success.  :thumbsup: 

Overwhelming success?

The team did great on coaching, D and STs but failed miserably at QB. If it wasn't for Cinci that success would not have been anything but another failed miss.

This team needs to fix the most important position in football even if this team has to take a step back to do it. Win now mode might get a lucky wild card every 2 decades but other then that a backup talent at QB will give nothing but not good enough over and over again.

1 hour ago, xRUSHx said:

Sadly I know all too well  what he is trying to say in his thread(38 pages of it) it is all about how he wants a new QB but he also wants to point out that Tyrod will be back for another season. Trans said this over and over and over and over again in this thread. His agenda is all about keeping Tyrod another season while trying to join the masses to get another QB but let's not pretend the main agenda is about another QB it is IMO his agenda that Tyrod in his mind will return another season and he wants everyone to know this, everyday in this thread on every page. I am sick of seeing his thread and his repeat of how he thinks Tyrod will return.

My hate for Tyrod?

How about my love for my favorite team to want better QBing, one that teams are worried about him being a QB not game planing to make him a QB. I want the team to move on to better, a franchise worthy QB not other teams backups being over paid at OBD with each new staff.

The COT leader gets pushed a little and the extreme stank posts come out to his defense to put down ones that want the change. SMH

Brah, if you're sick of it, stop posting in this thread.

Ignore me... others are doing it and it's making  our message board lives more fruitful on all sides  :flirt: 

My agenda is not keeping Tyrod.  My agenda is seeing the Bills get better.  Step #1 for that this offseason was the firing of Dennison and, hopefully, the hiring of Dabol, because as we've all seen with Nick Foles and Case Keenum, great offensive coordinators combined with an offensive system suitable to whatever QB is under center can make mediocre QBs look good to great.

If Dabol is the next Josh McDaniels or Sean McVay or Doug Pederson, I think that bodes really well for this team.

Just because I want someone else under center doesn't make it any more likely to happen, so I don't really see the point of talking about something I don't think will happen.  That's why you won't see me sitting here talking about getting Kirk Cousins or trading for Drew Brees or even trading up for Josh Rosen... I don't think any of those things will happen, despite the fact that I'd LOVE it if they did.

I'll talk about the other things that I think might happen, but most of them I see as bad options when you juxtapose them with drafting a 1st round QB at 21 or 22 like Jackson or Rudolph or trading up to get Mayfield or Darnold while potentially having a vet QB sitting in front of them to start for a year.

If we trade up for Darnold or Mayfield, I could absolutely see a sink or swim throw the rookie under center in year 1 while not having anyone more than a cheap vet backup QB like Tom Savage sitting behind him with Peterman.  But I think it's more likely than not that Taylor's contract was set up as this 2 year "get-out" deal in order for him to potentially start year 1 of our shiny new rookie's NFL career.

That's just what I think will happen.  I'll root for whoever's under center.  I always do.  And once Taylor is cast aside, I bet you'll be talking and thinking about him a lot more than I do, which will be very, very rarely  0:) 

1 hour ago, xRUSHx said:

Overwhelming success?

The team did great on coaching, D and STs but failed miserably at QB. If it wasn't for Cinci that success would not have been anything but another failed miss.

This team needs to fix the most important position in football even if this team has to take a step back to do it. Win now mode might get a lucky wild card every 2 decades but other then that a backup talent at QB will give nothing but not good enough over and over again.

Yes, overwhelming success.

Have you watched this team for the last 18 years?

Did you see what this team was doing in the offseason and how it looked?

You do realize we had the longest playoff drought in sports, right?

Making the playoffs in 2017 made it an overwhelming success.

There's a reason this was the locker room reaction when Cinci won that game (after Buffalo took care of its own business):

1 hour ago, xRUSHx said:

My hate for Tyrod?

Overwhelming success?

If you can step away from your TT voo doo doll long enough......Transplant is actually SAYING THAT HE AGREES WE NEED TO IMPROVE THE POSITION

For christ sake