Sign in to follow this  
transplantbillsfan

POLL: Is Taylor a Bills QB in 2018

Is Taylor still a Bills QB in 2018?  

434 members have voted

1. 1. Will Tyrod Taylor still be under contract as a Buffalo Bills QB in 2018?

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 05/03/2018 at 06:07 PM

6 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Simple question for all to put themselves on record.

I'm really not sure, but definitely lean towards Taylor still being on the team for veteran leadership and maybe even a little more for cultural leadership and I also think Dabol would be intrigued to work with him for a year.

But we're still drafting a QB in the 1st.

What say you?

Nope and your obsession with Taylor is bordering on mental illness. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

They haven't cut Taylor yet because they don't know who will play QB in 2018. I know many of you want him publically executed to make him pay for his crime of not being Tom Brady, or even playoff Blake Bortles. But "the process" dictates that the Bills wait to know who is available and who is willing and who they can draft at QB first.

That said, I think there is a slight chance Taylor is back as a bridge QB to whoever gets drafted. The reason is that most FA QBs don't want to enter a situation where they are just a placeholder. And I don't think McBeane wants to throw a rookie to the wolves. 

Hence, you have Taylor, still signed at a modest cost, who is still better than the Fitzpatrick/McCown tier of available QBs, who you can walk away from with no cap hit in a year.

It can happen.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

That's a great job that rookie did in his place, right?

Wait, you're not supposed to have as many passes caught by the other team as yours? 

I don't think a rookie struggling makes Tyrod's 3 point Playoff showing justified. Oh it's Petermans fault Tyrod can't throw touchdowns I get it. So if Peterman is the reason Tyrod can't throw score points explain the Panthers game. 

Edited by Lfod
  • Like 2

if i'm tyrod.......no way I re-do my deal with buffalo for backup money.

cut me or trade me.....i'll take my chances elsewhere

Edited by papazoid

15 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

That's a great job that rookie did in his place, right?

Wait, you're not supposed to have as many passes caught by the other team as yours? 

Just Stop it already. Taylor has been given ample time to develop into a complete QB. He has not. End of discussion.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Lfod said:

I don't think a rookie struggling makes Tyrod's 3 point Playoff showing justified. Oh it's Petermans fault Tyrod can't throw touchdowns I get it. 

No, it's not.

But, it SHOULD serve as a reminder as how to ridiculous this idea of "Let's just throw anyone in there. They HAVE to be better than Tyrod" is.

What I am seeing from most people in this thread who have voted no is "Tyrod sucks". Very, very few have given a reason why he is disposable, never mind an actual plan of what to do. They are so blinded by their hate that they think any option, ANY option is better, even when you have ample example of why just throwing in Peterman was a dumpster fire.

Just now, BeefCurtns said:

Just Stop it already. Taylor has been given ample time to develop into a complete QB. He has not. End of discussion.

yeah. I know.But for all of the reasons I listed, there are no vets on the market who ARE complete QBs. Otherwise, they would not be on the market. Even those come at ludicrous cap hits. Which is why we SHOULD get one we can develop. Which means waiting until May, and has the unknown.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BeefCurtns said:

sad but true

I used to be a tyrod fan....does everything great except throw receivers open in stride.....laffin

Dude. People are acting like I'm calling Tyrod the heir apparent to Jim Kelly. Or even a poor man's Cam Newton or Russel Wilson.

We know what he is. He's a sub-average starter or a career backup. I'm just amazed at the people who want to go out and spend MORE money and accrue that cap hit along with TT's dead money for someone of similar talent (Foles, Keenum, Bradford, Cousins), or throw in a guy who can't put on his pants without sh**ing himself like Peterman.

6 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

No, it's not.

But, it SHOULD serve as a reminder as how to ridiculous this idea of "Let's just throw anyone in there. They HAVE to be better than Tyrod" is.

What I am seeing from most people in this thread who have voted no is "Tyrod sucks". Very, very few have given a reason why he is disposable, never mind an actual plan of what to do. They are so blinded by their hate that they think any option, ANY option is better, even when you have ample example of why just throwing in Peterman was a dumpster fire.

yeah. I know.But for all of the reasons I listed, there are no vets on the market who ARE complete QBs. Otherwise, they would not be on the market. Even those come at ludicrous cap hits. Which is why we SHOULD get one we can develop. Which means waiting until May, and has the unknown.

It won't hurt my feelings if Tyrod is QB next year. I just hope honestly there is a plan of action to get the offense more productive.

Just now, Lfod said:

It won't hurt my feelings if Tyrod is QB next year. I just hope honestly there is a plan of action to get the offense more productive.

Same here. If they swing a great deal to get a prime rookie, and they are sure that he is good to roll week 1 you won't see any crying from me. Hell, maybe they can flip Tyrod for a sweet deal if we get another situation like Tannehill or Bridgewater or Desean Watson going down and teams get desperate for an option.

I just see a massive "Burn the witch" crowd

• Like 1

The 'process' for TT will be determined in 42 days (March 14) when he is due a $6M signing bonus for being on the roster. Unless, of course, the Bills renegotiate before then to keep him. Not much longer to wait on this. Decision will be made before draft.

46 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Fixed it for you. Do you miss the taste of Rico?

28th ranked passing that year.   Stop the lies 

shady and gilly were good though.  

Tyrod disappeared when needed like usual. 

Horse is dead, if you watch all the games I don’t get it.   

He sucks.   He’s always sucked.     

Whitewalker has made solid points. This isn’t a matter of “is Tyrod the future?” It is “what makes the most sense for the Bills?” If they cut him it is $10m of dead space and $8m of savings. If they do that and sign Cousins for example they will have a $35M cap hit on the starting QB this year. Is that better than the $18M with Taylor? Cousins is the extreme but it holds true for any vet $18M cap hit for Tyrod or $25M for Bradford?  That’s the debate at OBD.

I still think that he goes but it isn’t as simple as some people make it. A rookie that can play day 1 solves a lot of these issues but FA comes before the draft. The Bills will have had to have done something. 

• Thanks 1

I think it's pretty clear, from a football standpoint, the Bills coaching staff can't cut Taylor fast enough, I believe that they view him, like many fans as the number one issue holding back this team.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Teddy KGB said:

28th ranked passing that year.   Stop the lies 

shady and gilly were good though.  

Tyrod disappeared when needed like usual. 

Horse is dead, if you watch all the games I don’t get it.   

He sucks.   He’s always sucked.     

That is why I said "Scoring". English must be hard to learn when you start from Russian.

When you have a competent OC who knows how to maximize players, you sometimes learn how to manage deficiencies. Tyrod put up nice games vs Seattle and Miami. Of course, we can't count on that week in and week out which is why I propose drafting a rookie, and not rushing him and starting when ready

You really must miss Rico's ballsweat and get wood whenever Peterman throws a pick six.

Who out there is a better option?  There is a chance we draft Lamar Jackson.  If so , who would be a better mentor then Tyrod?  Signing a veteran QB will be expensive.  Perhaps Tyrod is best combination of value and fit

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

Who out there is a better option?  There is a chance we draft Lamar Jackson.  If so , who would be a better mentor then Tyrod?  Signing a veteran QB will be expensive.  Perhaps Tyrod is best combination of value and fit

That's kinda where I'm at. Not a fan of bringing in a vet. I think the Bills will roll with a rookie and Peterman.

Maybe Tyrod, but I voted no. Time to let someone else step into that role.

48 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

You really must miss Rico's ballsweat and get wood whenever Peterman throws a pick six.

Yes, I miss Rico’s ballsweat and I like Peterman’s interceptions. 

You make sense. 

Edited by Teddy KGB

I think TT is a middle of the road qb but I still like the KC method and that is to assemble a team before going for broke on the qb. If we continue to improve the talent around him it will be easier for a young qb to come in and do well. I think we should play TT's deal out; either draft a qb this year without moving up or hopefully pick up a 2019 first; and add front 7 and some wr talent this year. Assuming we build on 2017, take your shot in 2019 and trade up to get a qb.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Last I heard, it pushes the entire cap hit to this year. The Bills lose $10 M in cap, and can only limit it to $8 M by designating it June 1st.

I think he stays, for reasons I have outlined before: You don't cut your starting QB until you know you have a more viable option. Fellow journeymen like Case Keenum, and Foles don't provide a consistent upgrade, and will get way overpaid. Cousins is going to get way overpaid vs our cap. Bradford is a constant injury risk, and even then doesn't have a track record of high season long production. The only veteran option I even see as possible is to trade for Alex Smith, and even that requires giving up assets. And even that leads to a cap hit, as his salary and bonuses along with Tyrods's dead cap gives a net loss in cap space or a *maybe* marginal improvement on a one year rental.

So barring my fever dream of the Bills trading for Andrew Luck, you do it smart: Keep Tyrod in place. Draft a rookie in the first round. Bring the rookie along at his own pace in 2018. If he beats out Tyrod in training camp...great! Start him, keep Tyrod as the backup and go for a deep playoff run? If he doesn't, wait until during the season when Tyrod hits a skid or we go into a blowout and bring him along until you think the rookie is ready.

Does Tyrod play out of his mind in 2018 and keep the rookie on the bench (like Alex Smith did)? Great. You've gotten another playoff run out of it, and you've had a year to bring your rookie along. Taylor is off the books in 2019, and you roll with the rookie.

But no, BMBB syndrome is letting their blind hatred for the best QB we've had in a decade lash out...

Meanwhile your obsession with reckless spending to make ourselves worse has only grown

Can they consistently give you over 150 passing yards in a game? Can they run a modern passing offense with a complete playbook? Can they read a defense reliably enough and move to a second or third option? Then they absolutely are far and away improvements because they can actually play the position of quarterback. Tyrod is a hard NO on all three of those things. 

Kyle Orton was definitely a better QB and one can easily make an argument for Fitz as well. 

But I'll give you that Taylor is probably better than Jeff Tuel, EJ, Cardale, and Thad Lewis.

• Like 4

Sign McCarron because he's low risk, high reward. He'll like the chance to be the starter. Him, Peterman, and the rookie battle it out. Bills draft  a couple good OL, a solid RB, and I think the offense will be okay. No drop-off from Tyrod.

:thumbsup:

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

They haven't cut Taylor yet because they don't know who will play QB in 2018. I know many of you want him publically executed to make him pay for his crime of not being Tom Brady, or even playoff Blake Bortles. But "the process" dictates that the Bills wait to know who is available and who is willing and who they can draft at QB first.

That said, I think there is a slight chance Taylor is back as a bridge QB to whoever gets drafted. The reason is that most FA QBs don't want to enter a situation where they are just a placeholder. And I don't think McBeane wants to throw a rookie to the wolves. 

Hence, you have Taylor, still signed at a modest cost, who is still better than the Fitzpatrick/McCown tier of available QBs, who you can walk away from with no cap hit in a year.

It can happen.

I want him off the roster because he can't throw a football or manage to score more than 3 points in a game. 

I want him off the roster because he can't bring a team back from being down more than 4 points at any time. 

I want him off the team because he can't read defenses. 

I want him off the team because he's not a starting-calibre QB by any measurable other than avoiding INTs. Great. I've never thrown an INT in an NFL game. He also avoids throwing for yards and touchdowns as well. 

Your "y'alls hate on TYROD because he ain't Peyton Brady"  hyperbole is absolute nonsense. We all respect the guy as a great person and the consummate professional. But his production and skill level indicates that he is a career backup QB, at best. To insist that he's some kind of legitimate starter is complete delusion.  

• Like 4