Potential replacements for Eric Wood

2 minutes ago, BrotherChazz said:

Well I was hoping we'd draft several lineman already....so it's just one more to add to the list. Groy is adequate, but not great. Richie is getting older. The entire right side already needed replacing. We're going to have some not so sexy picks come draft day. IMO, this makes the decision to move up for a QB just that much harder. Hard to get rid of good draft picks with so many holes.  

No, it doesn’t make the decision to possibly move up for a QB harder.

At all.

Edited by Binghamton Beast
  • Like (+1) 1

What's the salary cap implications?  He just signed a 2 year extension this year.  Will there be a dead cap like him being cut?  Or would the Bills recoup all that $ since he is retiring?  And not trying to be insensitive to him, he's a great guy and player.  Just wondering since roughly $8 million a year is a big chunk for cap reasons

Groy gets the start, between getting paid and by all reports he was basically attached to woods hip during TC it would make sense. Plus he filled in great at the end of the 2016 season when wood went down. I’m also way on board for drafting billy price

39 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

I bet Groy. He's not a bad OL. 

Also have posted that I want us to go after Hubbard, OT from Steelers. He played a few snaps at C this year and could be our rotational/back-up. Had a couple low snaps, but otherwise fared well and had only played the position a handful of times in practice before that. 

I love Hubbard and if  Groy is looking good at Center we can kick him outside at RT or even at guard . Hubbard can play all 5 spots on the line he'll be in demand this offseason.