Source: Major Bills news coming next week

18 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Not to be that guy but this definitely does not ruin the offseason, whoever told Jeremy White that was exaggerating

My guess is it's more offseason-ruining because of the nature of the injury and the impact on the player and his family, and not so much impact on football.  You know, for empathy and stuff.

Edited by LeviF91
Because I'm a dick and that was unfair
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Sounds like it's not traumatic (aka car accident, paralyzed) and hopefully can be surgically stabilized so he can have a long and happy life :)

Complicated is any neck issue that requires surgery, but if it's instability at C1-C3 levels then it's really a complicated situation, as that is where the Brain stem becomes the spinal cord.

(For reference, a hangman's fracture is at the C2 region, and is why hanging was so effective, as breaking the neck there would damage the spinal cord, causing quadriplegia. Christopher Reeves was a hangman's. That's why a high level cervical injury is so bad)

Looks like another 6 mil of dead cap space for 2018? If so, this team has lots of dead cap allocated for next season and could add more with a possible trade/release of Tyrod and/or Glenn.  Looks like 2019 will be the earliest we will have significant relief from dead cap. 

25 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Heart goes out to Eric Wood and his family. The guy has been a warrior for the Bills for a long time. Hopefully he and his family can have a long and healthy life.

This.  He has been a great Buffalo Bill and he really "got" Western New York and our fanbase, which is generally not easy for a highly paid person to do.  

I got to say this.

Savior Peterman, you just exploited what may be news of a tragedy affecting a much-loved Bills veteran, solely for the purpose to garner attention to yourself.  You pretend to have insider connections and knowledge when actually just have a twitter feed, like YOLO and 26CB.  When you think about it, that's really quite despicable.

It's time for you to do a little "personal inventory" about your priorities and values going forward.

It's also time for the rest of us.  "Troll the Troll" can be an amusing off-season pastime, but when it comes to blatantly trying to exploit tragedy to garner clicks, I'm Out.

I already have you on "ignore".  Going forward, I will no longer participate in a thread you start even if a conversation in it interests me , and

I would ask others here to consider ignoring you and not participating in threads you start.  Exploiting tragedy to pretend to insider status is Not Cool.  Not cool at all.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I got to say this.

Savior Peterman, you just exploited what may be news of a tragedy affecting a much-loved Bills veteran, solely for the purpose to garner attention to yourself.  You pretend to have insider connections and knowledge when actually just have a twitter feed, like YOLO and 26CB.  When you think about it, that's really quite despicable.

It's time for you to do a little "personal inventory" about your priorities and values going forward.

It's also time for the rest of us.  "Troll the Troll" can be an amusing off-season pastime, but when it comes to blatantly trying to exploit tragedy to garner clicks, I'm Out.

I already have you on "ignore".  Going forward, I will no longer participate in a thread you start even if a conversation in it interests me , and

I would ask others here to consider ignoring you and not participating in threads you start.  Exploiting tragedy to pretend to insider status is Not Cool.  Not cool at all.

Hear hear! :beer:

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I got to say this.

I agree. Not cool dude... 

8 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I got to say this.

I already had him on block too. This time crossed a line.

11 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I got to say this.

Couldn't agree more.

14 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I got to say this.

I don't necessarily think there's anything wrong with this thread on its own - could have been condensed to a simple copy-paste link, and he does get credit for finding it first. But the delivery is as obnoxious as usual, of course. 

But if he plays captain hindsight and tries to use this in the future to validate himself (like the Gaine hiring that NO ONE saw coming), that'll just add more fuel to the fire no doubt. 

Edited by JimKellyTryouts

14 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I got to say this.

Perfectly said

17 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I got to say this.

Go back and read the initial post.  He didn't claim this came from his "inside sources" ... he quoted the @ScoutFantasy account.

If he didn't post this someone else would have, what's the difference?  Unnecessary call out.

Edited by essential