Mike Gesicki TE Penn State

buffaloboyinATL

I am watching the 3rd day of Senior Bowl practice right now and I am really impressed by this kid.  He is a big body who knows how to go get a ball when it is up in the air. from what I can see, he is projected to go in rounds 2-4. Mayock said he is a capable blocker but a strong Red Zone threat. He had 57 receptions for 563 yards and 9 TD's last season. I think he would be a great player for us if we were able to get him in the 3rd and a no brainer in the 4th. 

Any Penn State fans have an opinion on him?

I’m a Fumagalli guy myself. Just a gut feeling, but he’s got good mits. Could also see him slipping because of the missing finger (I believe it was form birth, but he’s only got 9 fingers). Scouts and teams are weird about stuff like that. Same reason I don’t think a team will use a pick on Griffith from UCF even though I think he’s a Day 2 talent. 

Andrews is the cream of the crop. I like the Dallas Goedert kid from SDSU too (was at Senior Bowl practice but won’t play in game due to injury).

gesicki is a nice weapon to have in passing game. If we had one. Please let us have one, Mr. Beane.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

I’m not a huge fan. He struggles with blocking, and doesn’t have the speed that today’s great tight ends possess. He could be a soild player, but I don’t see him as a difference maker. We already have O’Leary who I believe is similar to what Gesicki projects to as a pro. He’d definitely be a fan favorite in Buffalo though. 

Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

On 1/26/2018 at 10:38 AM, Mark Vader said:

Who do you think are better options?

Troy Fumagalli? Mark Andrews?

Mark Andrews is the best TE in the draft from my perspective but you will have to spend a lot more draft capital to get him.  A lot of 'experts' have him going late 1st round. 

• 1 month later...
On 1/29/2018 at 11:14 AM, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

I’m not a huge fan. He struggles with blocking, and doesn’t have the speed that today’s great tight ends possess. He could be a soild player, but I don’t see him as a difference maker. We already have O’Leary who I believe is similar to what Gesicki projects to as a pro. He’d definitely be a fan favorite in Buffalo though. 

Lol. So much for not having speed. He ran a 4.55 40, fastest TE at the Combine so far.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.