Ken Dorsey to the Bills?

CLTbills

2 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

Somewhere I read that Daboll was this kind of QB coach with the Jets back in the day.  He was brilliant with X's and O's and film study but brought nothing to the table regarding mechanics.  

Though you'd expect Dorsey - an ex QB - to have a good knowledge of mechanics and be able to teach it.

This is exactly the difference between an OC and a QB coach.

41 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I know hot.  I lived in Atlanta for awhile and played baseball all the way through college.

The hottest place I've ever played was University of South Alabama or FAU in Boca Raton.  

I've been to Columbia several times because a plant I supported (I'm in HR) was in Columbia.  

I also lived in Phoenix for a year.  Different heat but still hot.

Extreme temps just never really bothered me.  I've lived in extreme cold in Minnesota and extreme hot in the south and southwest....I just get used to it.  I'm an outdoors guy and weather never keeps me inside unless it's a natural disaster.  

Closest I’ve come to living in the cold was Boulder, Co. that wasn’t too bad. Most of my work is done outdoors and I am fine with the heat.  However after pushing a lawnmower all summer long in 1994 in Columbia I decided to take my education a little more seriously.

Edited by Cruiserplayer
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, teef said:

i go downstairs to my office and have a drink.  leave me the !@#$ alone.

I'd say at least twice a week, we fall asleep on the couch.  It's a big sectional.

I love the couch so I'll stay there in the morning, she will usually wake up at some point and walk to bed.

Do you think Ken Dorsey has a sectional?

4 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Significantly different? I don’t know. I do know that he was the league MVP under Dorsey though. It’s a bit of an unfair question. We have no idea how much or little any coach impacts a particular player. All that we have to judge on are the results. Cam won a league MVP and has been a pretty good QB without top end weapons around him. That’s a positive for Dorsey IMO.

It's a fair question.  Cam came out of college ready to be the guy he is now.  This is what he was in college.  It's fair to ask how/if he has been really that significantly modified since he got out.  No one is calling Tom Moore a great OC for the work he did with Manning...

It would be more obvious if he (or any QB coach) took a marginal starter and made him a solid Sunday winner.

10 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

It's a fair question.  Cam came out of college ready to be the guy he is now.  This is what he was in college.  It's fair to ask how/if he has been really that significantly modified since he got out.  No one is calling Tom Moore a great OC for the work he did with Manning...

It would be more obvious if he (or any QB coach) took a marginal starter and made him a solid Sunday winner.

At the same time no one says, “well what did Tom Moore do?” That’s kind of the point. Dorsey coached a QB that is pretty good. If Newton would have gotten worse Dorsey would have been blamed but as the MVP the coach deserves no credit? I’m not saying that he has been phenomenal but I wouldn’t say that he has been bad either. Just because Newton or Manning or Luck or whomever didn’t take big steps as pros doesn’t mean that their coaches failed. It just means that they were closer to the end product (hence they were all number 1 overall picks).

7 hours ago, CLTbills said:

Yeah. It's pretty freaking brutal from Mid-June through the end of August. I went to the Bills game here in week two. Good god it was awful.

I would 10000x prefer cold to heat. You can layer in cold, you can't remove your skin in the heat. That said, I live in a place that is spring all year, so I haven't had to deal with either in a while.

Edited by ndirish1978

7 hours ago, PaattMaann said:

he worked with Joe Webb when he worked for the IMG Academy....so looks like our QB of the future is already on the team!!!! Alrite, now we can use the draft capital to build around Joe Webb!!

In all seriousness...I would be so-so on the hire. Was a good college QB, not an NFL QB , and has only worked with Cam Newton with limited success as an NFL Passer

Hmmmm, he worked with Joe Webb and Cam Newton. I wonder....

6 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

At the same time no one says, “well what did Tom Moore do?” That’s kind of the point. Dorsey coached a QB that is pretty good. If Newton would have gotten worse Dorsey would have been blamed but as the MVP the coach deserves no credit? I’m not saying that he has been phenomenal but I wouldn’t say that he has been bad either. Just because Newton or Manning or Luck or whomever didn’t take big steps as pros doesn’t mean that their coaches failed. It just means that they were closer to the end product (hence they were all number 1 overall picks).

Sure--credit him for putting the cherry on a sundae.  He put the hood badge on the Veyron when it first rolled out of the factory.

He won't be working with a Cam Newton in Buffalo, so wouldn't you want a guy whose impact wasn't so difficult to discern?

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I went to Kure beach last year. I LOVED it. Wilmington was awesome too. Weather was perfect (late July/early August). Not too hot, no rain. 

If in Wilmington, gotta hit the Dock Street Oyster Bar for great seafood!!!

14 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Sure--credit him for putting the cherry on a sundae.  He put the hood badge on the Veyron when it first rolled out of the factory.

He won't be working with a Cam Newton in Buffalo, so wouldn't you want a guy whose impact wasn't so difficult to discern?

I want a guy that is a good coach regardless of his experience. His resume certainly isn’t a bad one. Maybe he’s not Doug Pederson but he hasn’t failed at the job either.

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I want a guy that is a good coach regardless of his experience. His resume certainly isn’t a bad one. Maybe he’s not Doug Pederson but he hasn’t failed at the job either.

He would have had to actively corrupted the basic way Newton plays football to "fail" with THAT QB in Carolina.

I just don't think you pick a guy who gets helicoptered to the summit of Everest to be your Sherpa....