Favorite Guitar Solo

RaoulDuke79

One of my favorite bits of Ed's work: the solo from Hot For Teacher.  Love that!

ImmaculatePositiveJackal-max-1mb.gif

On February 12, 2018 at 3:24 PM, ChevyVanMiller said:

Most of the responses have been for electric guitar solos, here's a little love for one of the greatest pickers off all-time blowing the lid off of an acoustic guitar.

And here he is showing off his chops on the electric guitar. (The Benny Hill faces and dancing cartoon pigs are an added bonus).

Definitely not into his style of music, but the man could play a freaking guitar!  

Huge talent.

On 1/23/2018 at 8:05 PM, row_33 said:

Baby’s on Fire, no matter if it was Fripp or Rudolph or a combo

Finally, time for some Robert Fripp affirmation here. After the end of the first King Crimson, he put down some of the most lyrical, avant garde yet still melodic solos ever -

Eno (St. Elmo's Fire comes to mind), Bowie (not so many guitar solos there, more providing gritty leads), Gabriel (more atmospheric than solos), and his own stuff including North Star with (don't laugh) Darryl Hall and a perfect solo for the Roches (same) on Hammond Song. Really a tremendous run from about '75 to '82 or so.

On 4/13/2018 at 3:06 PM, jahnyc said:

A few that I don't believe have been noted:

Blue Oyster Cult--Astronomy

Finally some BOC. I was a big Buck Dharma fan in the 70's. 
Some of the best "solos" are done in tandem with another great artist. So I'll offer up some Buck Dharma (with Allen Lanier) and stay away from Summer of Love (5 guitars).

• Like (+1) 1