1-23: Beane, McDermott, and Daboll from the Senior Bowl

6 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

You know what they say about assuming?

from reading your exchange, it actually looks like YOU are the one assuming...

You are assuming Brian Daboll cannot put together a competent NFL passing attack...I would argue, lets wait and see...considering we have NO IDEA what he plans/will do with our passing offense or QB (whoever that may be) 

13 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I hope for the same, but McDermott stated yesterday that he has the final say.

This makes sense. He should have final say. But if Daboll comes in an says "I've evaluated the offensive line and Castillo sucks and has to go,. Plus every team he's worked with has done better when he left," I hope McDermott doesn't say, "Juan is a dear friend and I trust him. You need to make it work with him." That's like Rex level cronyism. 

I think he should be gone along with Culley  but I am not holding out hope. 

2 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

from reading your exchange, it actually looks like YOU are the one assuming...

You are assuming Brian Daboll cannot put together a competent NFL passing attack...I would argue, lets wait and see...considering we have NO IDEA what he plans/will do with our passing offense or QB (whoever that may be) 

31 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

Despite the round the clock trolls that live on this board to make sure there's 3 anti Tyrod posts for every post supporting him the fact is even if they are looking for better they understand they could do a lot worse.  There are coaches, offensive minded coaches, who I think really get QB play.  I don't think we have one of those coaches and Daboll is no QB guru.  We can draft whoever and we can bring in whoever but it is my opinion that we have a coaching staff that will at best get lucky if it gets the passing game into the top 15 in the NFL.  If we are lucky we get back into the top 15 in scoring and if it does happen it will be on the ground with rushing TDs.

What tipped you off that I was offering up an opinion?

Just now, PaattMaann said:

was merely commenting on your snarky "assuming" response to another poster. This is a message board, that's what we do here...assume and opine 

About the team.  When someone tells me what I'm saying when I haven't said it that's different.  People assume that anyone who doesn't want to run Tyrod out of town doesn't want to get better.  I'm just here telling you that taking your grandma car shopping doesn't necessarily get you a better car.

34 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

Despite the round the clock trolls that live on this board to make sure there's 3 anti Tyrod posts for every post supporting him the fact is even if they are looking for better they understand they could do a lot worse.  There are coaches, offensive minded coaches, who I think really get QB play.  I don't think we have one of those coaches and Daboll is no QB guru.  We can draft whoever and we can bring in whoever but it is my opinion that we have a coaching staff that will at best get lucky if it gets the passing game into the top 15 in the NFL.  If we are lucky we get back into the top 15 in scoring and if it does happen it will be on the ground with rushing TDs.

I agree and would only add that every position gets evaluated.  If the Bills find a better option at any of them - they take it if the price is right.  My personal opinion is the Bills believe Tyrod has reached his ceiling.  He is what he is.  There is no next level for him.   The Bills know what they have with him, and they don't think he is their best option at the position.
As a fan, I think they are right.    

13 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

I'd draft a QB .......... would have done it earlier last year.  I'd sign Cousins if he'd sign here and the money worked.  I am all for improving the QB position.  I definately think we could do a lot worse than Taylor.  I don't think the coaching staff here will know, in the case of a rookie, wether they have a better QB than Taylor or not.  I don't think they will produce the passing game that every one here so desperately craves.  I am not advocating keeping Taylor except to say I don't think the coaches are QB experts and I'm not sure anyone is going to get what they want.

So what you are saying is move on from Tyrod but you doubt it gets better? I'm still struggling for your point. 

12 hours ago, KzooMike said:

For some reason I just had a visual of somebody walking up to a half in the bag TT at the end of the bar and calling him an ugly girl. Then TT proceeds with a quick jab to the nose. Shady then walks into the bar.......I'll stop now.   

If anything, TT would hold back from throwing the punch too long and end up on the ground.

Edited by KelsaysLunchbox

evaluate leaves the door wide open, basically gives the impression they likely move on (thankfully) from taylor.

had they said taylor, who has been the teams starter for the last three seasons, will remain our starting QB, then no question who will be starting in 2018.

since they didn't say the latter, makes it pretty apparent they'll be going in a different direction.

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

So what you are saying is move on from Tyrod but you doubt it gets better? I'm still struggling for your point. 

I'm saying any team is always trying to get better.  Trying to bring in good QBs.  The Packers had Favre and drafted Rogers.  Niners had Smith and took  Kaerpernick.  I'm saying we try to get better.  That doesn't mean we have to keep Taylor or get rid of him.  You play who you feel is the best player you can put out there on the field.  I am saying that, again in my opinion, the coaching staff here is not adept or proficient enough in the passing offense to either know which QB needs to be out there or create a top 15 passing attack.  If you have your heart set on throwing the ball all over the place next year you may be disappointed.  If they signed Cousins it might make everything easier dumping Taylor.  Drafting a QB in the first round though, all bets are off.

Just now, Maine-iac said:

I'm saying any team is always trying to get better.  Trying to bring in good QBs.  The Packers had Favre and drafted Rogers.  Niners had Smith and took  Kaerpernick.  I'm saying we try to get better.  That doesn't mean we have to keep Taylor or get rid of him.  You play who you feel is the best player you can put out there on the field.  I am saying that, again in my opinion, the coaching staff here is not adept or proficient enough in the passing offense to either know which QB needs to be out there or create a top 15 passing attack.  If you have your heart set on throwing the ball all over the place next year you may be disappointed.  If they signed Cousins it might make everything easier dumping Taylor.  Drafting a QB in the first round though, all bets are off.

All of which sounds like a reason to move on from Tyrod.  

2 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

Except that paying TT 18 Million to NOT be the guy is not a smart business decision 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

All of which sounds like a reason to move on from Tyrod.  

I don't agree .  There could be some reasons for and against but am done explaining.  You've got your opinion.  I have mine.

5 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

Except that paying TT 18 Million to NOT be the guy is not a smart business decision 

Did they pay him last year?  Same argument people had last year.  Look I don't care if they do move on.  Just bring in someone better.  This is the part where all the trolls jump in and say easy, but it's not.

17 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

I don't agree .  There could be some reasons for and against but am done explaining.  You've got your opinion.  I have mine.

Did they pay him last year?  Same argument people had last year.  Look I don't care if they do move on.  Just bring in someone better.  This is the part where all the trolls jump in and say easy, but it's not.

why are those that oppose trolls? what are you? you seem awful busy in this thread with your usual defense, or is it trolling?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

If thinking TT is an inadequate qb makes one a troll, most posters on this board are trolls.  Such an overly broad definition begs the question and presumptively claims the opposite view is the only rational perspective that can be decently argued.

• Like (+1) 3

32 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

If Tyrod is willing to halve his money again he will be here as the bridge next year.  They were not for bringing him back at the kind of money he will make this year last year.  They brought him back at $9m.  As for how hard it is to bring in someone better.... I was told last year Case Keenum was a wilful downgrade. He wasn't and he isn't.