1-23: Beane, McDermott, and Daboll from the Senior Bowl

5 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Just go get the QB.  Just do it.  The fans will forgive you for trying and missing - they won’t tolerate not trying.

Dude, drink your coffee.

They are going to go after a QB. Maybe 2. It's the worst kept secret in the league. But it looks like they have a plan, and (like Promo said) won't dump Tyrod until they KNOW they have a longer term improvement in place.

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

You know what I got from Beane's presser?  The Bills are hell bent on taking a Quarterback in the first and he is very likely to move up to do so.  

He mentioned "moving up" without being asked twice. He also at one point said "the cost to get up to #2, #3, #4..." he believes all three of those spots are in play (I think perception around the league is the same as mine.... the Giants are going to try and move back and roll one more year with Eli).   

Gettleman said that Eli will be back and they will be looking at QBs to succeed him as their long term plan.  I'm not so sure that #2 is in play. 

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

Gettleman said that Eli will be back and they will be looking at QBs to succeed him as their long term plan.  I'm not so sure that #2 is in play. 

Yea lots of people seem to think I am mad.... but I don't think the Giants as things currently stand are going to pick at Quarterback at #2.... would they swap with the Bills let the Bills take say Darnold and then select Jackson at #21?  Possible.  

I think overall they are saying good things about Tyrod because they will either try to trade him, or they will keep him if they can't find anything better. 

I think that's the whole thing. If you can't find someone better than probably need to stick with him. The really better find someone better though. 

6 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Really? Be wary of making these types of hard line statements. I remember how this played out last year for everyone with this stance.

http://m.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Top-5-takeaways-from-Sean-McDermotts-media-availability-at-the-Senior-Bowl/632e33c0-ef70-4b92-9a4c-d2c25ce2210c

“I mentioned before the work ethic and intangibles that Tyrod brings to the table are very much appreciated and a big part of how we did things this year and what we were able to do,” the head coach told reporters. “I thought he did some good things.”

McDermott also said this. This is going to be a long almost 2 months. I don't really expect the posturing from last year, but at the moment, I expect Taylor to still be on the roster around draft time as we go for a 1st round QB... unless we trade him as part of a package to trade up for Darnold.

I can imagine he may be part of a deal that nabs Browns' #4 pick.  Tyrod would be a good short term option for them while the rookie aclimates.  

Despite the round the clock trolls that live on this board to make sure there's 3 anti Tyrod posts for every post supporting him the fact is even if they are looking for better they understand they could do a lot worse.  There are coaches, offensive minded coaches, who I think really get QB play.  I don't think we have one of those coaches and Daboll is no QB guru.  We can draft whoever and we can bring in whoever but it is my opinion that we have a coaching staff that will at best get lucky if it gets the passing game into the top 15 in the NFL.  If we are lucky we get back into the top 15 in scoring and if it does happen it will be on the ground with rushing TDs.

3 minutes ago, Helpmenow said:

Came from the eagles

Plus I believe he and McDermott share the same agent so I don't feel good about the possibility of him being gone. I hope logic prevails and he they let Daboll form his own staff, with their input. Anyone with any moniker of football knowledge knows Castillo needs to go. So if he stays it will be a classic case of cronyism.  

Just now, MrEpsYtown said:

Plus I believe he and McDermott share the same agent so I don't feel good about the possibility of him being gone. I hope logic prevails and he they let Daboll form his own staff, with their input. Anyone with any moniker of football knowledge knows Castillo needs to go. So if he stays it will be a classic case of cronyism.  

I hope for the same, but McDermott stated yesterday that he has the final say.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

We can draft whoever and we can bring in whoever but it is my opinion that we have a coaching staff that will at best get lucky if it gets the passing game into the top 15 in the NFL.  If we are lucky we get back into the top 15 in scoring and if it does happen it will be on the ground with rushing TDs.

So what we should keep Tyrod because whoever these coaches are coaching it will suck so might as well suck with your boy?

Nonsense.  

10 minutes ago, Helpmenow said:

Came from the eagles

Came from the Ravens actually but has history with McDermott from the Eagles, yep.  He was the very first coach McDermott hired and was hired before we had an OC last January.  I really struggle to believe that he is going to ditch him after 1 year.  

4 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

That's not what I said.  Read it again or stop putting words in my mouth.

So what are you saying?  Because there is not much of a point to it.  You think we can do worse than Tyrod.... but the coaches suck anyway and won't generate a top 15 passing offense with anyone.... isn't the logical conclusion to those two assertions "we may as well keep Tyrod but we will still suck because we would suck with anyone"? If not what are you trying to suggest?  

Edited by GunnerBill

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

So what are you saying?  Because there is not much of a point to is.  You think we can do worse than Tyrod.... but the coaches suck anyway and won't generate a top 15 passing offense with anyone.... isn't the logical conclusion to those two assertions "we may as well keep Tyrod but we will still suck because we would suck with anyone"? If not what are you trying to suggest?  

You know what they say about assuming?

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

So what is the point you are trying to make?  I genuinely apologise if I misinterpreted it but I am not sure what you are actually saying.  

I'd draft a QB .......... would have done it earlier last year.  I'd sign Cousins if he'd sign here and the money worked.  I am all for improving the QB position.  I definately think we could do a lot worse than Taylor.  I don't think the coaching staff here will know, in the case of a rookie, wether they have a better QB than Taylor or not.  I don't think they will produce the passing game that every one here so desperately craves.  I am not advocating keeping Taylor except to say I don't think the coaches are QB experts and I'm not sure anyone is going to get what they want.