1-23: Beane, McDermott, and Daboll from the Senior Bowl

4 hours ago, John from Hemet said:

The fact that they are not committing openly to the QB that is under contract pretty much says all you need to know.

It tells me there is no reason to act rashly. Don't cut your starting QB until you have some idea who is going to take his place. Unlike some here, McDermott doesn't cut players out of vengeance.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

It tells me there is no reason to act rashly. Don't cut your starting QB until you have some idea who is going to take his place. Unlike some here, McDermott doesn't cut players out of vengeance.

Yup.  There's no reason to cut TT until 3/16.

4 hours ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

Exactly. Right now TT is the ugly girl at the end of the bar. All other avenues fail to score a more desirable QB...well TT is just there ready to be taken home. 

For some reason I just had a visual of somebody walking up to a half in the bag TT at the end of the bar and calling him an ugly girl. Then TT proceeds with a quick jab to the nose. Shady then walks into the bar.......I'll stop now.   

BRIAN DABOLL: "SCORE MORE POINTS" (10:01)
Offensive Coordinator Brian Daboll addressed the media at the Senior Bowl in Mobile Alabama topics include; scoring as many points as you can, his offensive philosophy, and being able to coach for his hometown team.

1) No vote of confidence for Tyrod’s future employment
2) What the Bills look for this early in the draft in a QB
3) Trade-up talk
4) “We’re a long way from where we need to be”
5) Staff changes still could be coming

6) The Bills will be in on the compensatory picks in 2019
- For the first time since the subject was broached over and over again this year, Bills GM Brandon Beane finally admitted that he couldn’t do anything about getting the compensatory selections for Stephon Gilmore and Robert Woods in 2018 because “it was too far to do anything about it” when he walked in the door after the 2017 NFL Draft. But make no mistake — that will not be repeated by the Bills this offseason if Beane has any say about it. The Bills GM is a big believer in taking advantage of the compensatory picks when his team has a chance for them and admitted that they will be very cognizant of the moves they make with respect to that formula. That, along with Beane still being hesitant about their cap situation being where he wants it, leads me to believe that the Bills won’t be swinging big on free agency, and will likely sign players below the compensatory pick threshold.

7) In-house free agents have yet to be broached

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

9 hours ago, John from Hemet said:

The fact that they are not committing openly to the QB that is under contract pretty much says all you need to know.

Really? Be wary of making these types of hard line statements. I remember how this played out last year for everyone with this stance.

http://m.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Top-5-takeaways-from-Sean-McDermotts-media-availability-at-the-Senior-Bowl/632e33c0-ef70-4b92-9a4c-d2c25ce2210c

“I mentioned before the work ethic and intangibles that Tyrod brings to the table are very much appreciated and a big part of how we did things this year and what we were able to do,” the head coach told reporters. “I thought he did some good things.”

McDermott also said this. This is going to be a long almost 2 months. I don't really expect the posturing from last year, but at the moment, I expect Taylor to still be on the roster around draft time as we go for a 1st round QB... unless we trade him as part of a package to trade up for Darnold.

Edited by transplantbillsfan

You know what I got from Beane's presser?  The Bills are hell bent on taking a Quarterback in the first and he is very likely to move up to do so.  

He mentioned "moving up" without being asked twice. He also at one point said "the cost to get up to #2, #3, #4..." he believes all three of those spots are in play (I think perception around the league is the same as mine.... the Giants are going to try and move back and roll one more year with Eli).   

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

You know what I got from Beane's presser?  The Bills are hell bent on taking a Quarterback in the first and he is very likely to move up to do so.  

He mentioned "moving up" without being asked twice. He also at one point said "the cost to get up to #2, #3, #4..." he believes all three of those spots are in play (I think perception around the league is the same as mine.... the Giants are going to try and move back and roll one more year with Eli).   

After hiring of Smurmur i agree. I was gonna make a thread about trading with the Giants since its rumored Smurmur is gonna keep Eli. I hope we can at least grab Mayfield as the 3rd QB off the board.  What makes you think they will mortgage the farm to get #1 or #2

2 minutes ago, FearLess Price said:

After hiring of Smurmur i agree. I was gonna make a thread about trading with the Giants since its rumored Smurmur is gonna keep Eli. I hope we can at least grab Mayfield as the 3rd QB off the board.  What makes you think they will mortgage the farm to get #1 or #2

I don't necessarily think they will mortgage the farm to get to #2.  I just think they believe that #2 might be in play if they think their guy is there.  

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't necessarily think they will mortgage the farm to get to #2.  I just think they believe that #2 might be in play if they think their guy is there.  

If so its a good omen. I dont want to be stuck with an EJ Manuel or Losman type pick because they were hoarding draft picks, instead of getting one of the top 3 QBs on their board.

Edited by FearLess Price