1-23: Beane, McDermott, and Daboll from the Senior Bowl

BILLS GM BRANDON BEANE TALKS TO NFL NETWORK (2:28)
Buffalo Bills General Manager Brandon Bean explains what he's looking for at Senior Bowl practices this week.

MCDERMOTT: "HE EMBRACES THE MINDSET WE LOOK FOR" (10:44)
HC Sean McDermott addressed the media at the Senior Bowl in Mobile, Alabama to talk about the hiring of OC Brian Daboll and more.

BRANDON BEANE: "WE ARE TALKING TO A LOT OF PLAYERS" (11:22)
General Manager Brandon Beane addressed the media at the Senior Bowl in Mobile Alabama topics include; what they are looking for in the Senior Bowl, the quarterback depth at the Senior Bowl, and hiring Brian Daboll as offensive coordinator.

BRIAN DABOLL: "SCORE MORE POINTS" (10:01)
Offensive Coordinator Brian Daboll addressed the media at the Senior Bowl in Mobile Alabama topics include; scoring as many points as you can, his offensive philosophy, and being able to coach for his hometown team.

WATCH: BRIAN DABOLL 1 ON 1 (6:04)
Bills' Insider Chris Brown Interviews new Offensive Coordinator Brian Daboll at the Senior Bowl in Mobile Alabama.

WATCH: TUESDAY AT THE 2018 SENIOR BOWL (2:18)
HC Sean McDermott, GM Brandon Beane and OC Brian Daboll all talked to the media on Tuesday down in Mobile, Alabama. Baker Mayfield took the field, but all QB's struggled with timing.

TOP 5 TAKEAWAYS FROM SEAN MCDERMOTT'S MEDIA AVAILABILITY AT THE SENIOR BOWL

012318-senior-bowl.jpg

Sean McDermott spoke to reporters for the first time since he hired offensive coordinator Brian Daboll. Find out why McDermott made the move and more from his presser in Mobile, Al.

DABOLL'S APPROACH ROOTED IN PREPARATION AND FLEXIBILITY

daboll-story-1-23.jpg

Brian Daboll has learned a lot working under Bill Belichick and Nick Saban. It's instilled an approach in Buffalo's offensive coordinator that's based on providing oneself with the ability to morph and change as needed.

A MULTI-LAYERED QB LANDSCAPE IS CHALLENGE BEANE WELCOMES

beane-1-23-story.jpg

Bills GM Brandon Beane and his staff are beginning to enter the final phases of the evaluation of this year's quarterback prospects. That combined with what could be an interesting free agent class and a handful of other teams looking for the next franchise QB is a dynamic that Beane embraces.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

12 minutes ago, John from Hemet said:

The fact that they are not committing openly to the QB that is under contract pretty much says all you need to know.

Exactly. Right now TT is the ugly girl at the end of the bar. All other avenues fail to score a more desirable QB...well TT is just there ready to be taken home. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 8

"I'm not going to get into Tyrod's future," McDermott said. "Like I mentioned earlier, we're still going through our evaluation. Those decisions will come at some point down the road here."

"I thought the quarterback position in particular Tyrod and then Nate (Peterman) did some good things," McDermott said. "I've mentioned before the work ethic, the intangibles that Tyrod brings to the table are very much appreciated and a big part of how we did things this year and what we were able to do. I thought he did some good things. Overall, we'll continue to evaluate where we are and what's right for this organization moving forward."

Multiple times while he was speaking in Mobile, McDermott mentioned that the offense "needs to score more points." That problem led to Dennison being shown the door, and the quarterback might not be far behind.

34 minutes ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

Exactly. Right now TT is the ugly girl at the end of the bar. All other avenues fail to score a more desirable QB...well TT is just there ready to be taken home. 

The most accurate comparison I've heard.

• Like (+1) 3

55 minutes ago, ALF said:

The big  question for me is Castillo.

If McD hitches his wagon again to TT this year it's 100% on him. It will be unfortunate when he is fired because of it, but then again how good can a HC be that wants TT as their starting QB. Castillo should be replaced ASAP.

• Like (+1) 1

Mike Rodak ESPN Staff Writer 

Bills offensive coordinator Brian Daboll told the team's official Facebook at the Senior Bowl, "the city of Buffalo and the surrounding areas are as special to me as anything. Besides my family, this community and what they stand for, that's how I grew up. It's a tough town with town people. I just have the world of respect for this place."

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Mike Rodak ESPN Staff Writer 

Bills general manager Brandon Beane told reporters Tuesday at the Senior Bowl of Tyrod Taylor, "just like any player, we're basically looking at what all of our options are at every position. You look at quarterback and you evaluate it, and that's what we'll continue to do until you know you have it right."

Asked Tuesday at the Senior Bowl if the Bills got enough from their quarterbacks in 2017, GM Brandon Beane told reporters, "That's hard to say. We got to the playoffs, so it was a step in the right direction. We have to look at Tyrod, we have to look at our offense. Tyrod did a lot of good things. You have to look at what are the things he could have done better? What are the other things that happened? Was it receivers running the wrong route? Maybe we could have run a better play. There's just so many things that you could do, and I'm sure Tyrod knows there's things he could have done better. We're still early in the process. We like Tyrod a lot. He works hard and he does a lot of good things."

Bills GM Brandon Beane said Tuesday at the Senior Bowl of the quarterback depth in the draft, "It looks pretty good. I've yet to get to meet any of these guys. We're just starting that process. A lot of these guys have a lot of physical tools. But there's guys every year that have physical tools that when you get down to March or April you say, ‘I don't know. I'm not sure.' So I'll have a much better idea once we get through the combine, pro days and visiting with them."

Bills general manager Brandon Beane told reporters Tuesday at the Senior Bowl of potentially trading up for a quarterback or any position, "That comes with a hefty price to be able to do that from 21 and 22, where we're at. We're not saying we would do that. To go up there, we'd have to really feel good about that."

Bills general manager Brandon Beane told reporters Tuesday at the Senior Bowl that the Jimmy Johnson draft trade value chart is still the "baseline" in the NFL but many teams' analytics departments create their own charts, and that trades still demand on competition, demand and the situation.

Bills general manager Brandon Beane told reporters Tuesday at the Senior Bowl that he is not ready to discuss with other teams the possibility of moving up in April's draft, partly because he has yet to assign a value on the players potentially available.

Bills general manager Brandon Beane told reporters Tuesday at the Senior Bowl that he "will be cognizant" of the possibility of acquiring compensatory draft selections in 2019, which will require a net loss of free agents this offseason. Beane, hired last May, said he joined the team too late to "do much with" the Bills' net gain of free agents in the 2017 offseason, which prevented Buffalo from receiving likely third- and fourth-round 2018 compensatory picks for the losses of Stephon Gilmore (Patriots) and Robert Woods (Rams).

TOP 5 TAKEAWAYS FROM SEAN MCDERMOTT'S MEDIA AVAILABILITY AT THE SENIOR BOWL

012318-senior-bowl.jpg
Sean McDermott spoke to reporters for the first time since he hired offensive coordinator Brian Daboll. Find out why McDermott made the move and more from his presser in Mobile, Al.

3 hours ago, John from Hemet said:

The fact that they are not committing openly to the QB that is under contract pretty much says all you need to know.

We haven't had enough time to learn "McDermott-speak", but I do recall that he refused to commit to Dennison and he got fired.

But I think they are going to play it close to the vest until they have someone else they want.  Which is smart.