QB/WR Combo?

There are two QB's I like very much in this draft who also had a great wide receiver to throw to.

Riley Ferguson had Anthony Miller, a very polished wide receiver.

Mason Rudolph had James Washington who is a very special talent.

With all these early picks, wouldn't it be fun to give a rookie  QB a great receiver he already knows.

Passing game improved 50%.

16 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

I would be ok with Rudolph, Washington, and Ateman!  Ateman might end up being the better pro.  He is a physical receiver that will win a lot of battles.  Remember that name, a lot of people are overlooking him for some reason

I like him too, but his hands measured out to be relatively small and now people are going back and noticing that he double-caught a lot of balls this year.

I'm kinda intrigued with Washington; he has a weird build. Only a little under 5'11" but his wingspan is the same as Ateman's and his hands are pretty large; curious to see how he tests at the combine/how his routes look. He's generally considered to be a raw route runner who's more smooth rather than explosive athletically. I'm not convinced any of the 3 OKST guys will be taken before the 3rd round.

I get the excitement with having a QB/WR paired together and that potential. However it is just a pipe dream, the only instance of this ever happening that kind of worked was Luck with Coby Fleener and even that died once Fleener went to NOLA.

As another poster said the cost to get a QB will probably eat your ammunition to draft a WR.

5 hours ago, DCOrange said:

I like him too, but his hands measured out to be relatively small and now people are going back and noticing that he double-caught a lot of balls this year.

I'm kinda intrigued with Washington; he has a weird build. Only a little under 5'11" but his wingspan is the same as Ateman's and his hands are pretty large; curious to see how he tests at the combine/how his routes look. He's generally considered to be a raw route runner who's more smooth rather than explosive athletically. I'm not convinced any of the 3 OKST guys will be taken before the 3rd round.

What's with all the hand job talk lately?

6 hours ago, kdiggz said:

I would be ok with Rudolph, Washington, and Ateman!  Ateman might end up being the better pro.  He is a physical receiver that will win a lot of battles.  Remember that name, a lot of people are overlooking him for some reason

Ateman is the Jarvis Landry of this class.  Overlooked somewhat due to the WR that was across the field from them in college ball.