2018 Draft Prospects Who Have Met with the Bills - Pre-Draft Visits are Done

17 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

100% You are forced to pay them.  Stafford, Tannehil, and Dalton are all examples as well.  Buffalo is not forced to sign Cousins.  Flacco had a great year when he won the Superbowl.  He carried them into the Superbowl.  Bortles has put up big numbers in the league.  So i think they are comparable.  They are in the next teir of Qbs.  Cousins is not Brady, Brees, Rodgers.  He is also not Wilson, Big Ben, Rivers and Ryan.  Then the young guys like Wentz, Geoff, Prescott, and Watson have loads of potential.  I put Cousins in with Dalton, Stafford, Flacco, Manning, and Tannehill.  Do you want to pay Cousins as much or probably more than everyone I just said?  I do not.

5 Years from now a Qb that was drafted here I think you have to sign him if he is in that range.  I dont think Cousins is ever going to be in the conversation with Big Ben and Ryan.

I think McCarron is similar to Cousins, and younger and cheaper. He is an rfa right now but has filed a grievance to become a UFA and will find out 2/15. I would like to  find a way to get him, plus draft one. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think McCarron is similar to Cousins, and younger and cheaper. He is an rfa right now but has filed a grievance to become a UFA and will find out 2/15. I would like to  find a way to get him, plus draft one. 

I think McCarron is in a special group of guys like Watson, Garoppolo, and even Keenum. Small sample size. Need to prove more.

Cousins has proven what he is already. A mid level QB that can occasionally up his game. 

I doesn't seem like visits mean a whole lot with this regime. With Whaley and Nix it was pretty easy to narrow it down to like 3 guys we were going to pick. Like when the entire world knew we were going to draft Kelvin Sheppard that one year. Preston Brown and John Miller were pretty obvious as well. 

I felt like last year I had no idea who we were going to pick. I know we met with Peterman but we met with the other quarterbacks as well and the Jones connection was kind of obvious. But I don't remember having White or Dawkinsn on the radar. I guess I'm trying to train myself to pay less attention to the pre draft visits and meetings. 

48 minutes ago, Blokestradamus said:

Thanks, Mark. I'd love to say that I'm some International Man of Mystery but the truth is far less glamourous :D

No problem.

If you had said that you've been busy tracking all the kids in Pop Warner Football, and making theories as to which High schools they will attend, thus leading to which Colleges they will sign their letter of intent too.....I think we would all believe you.

8 hours ago, Starr Almighty said:

I have a question for everyone that says paying Cousins is too much. Let's say the Bills draft a QB and he turns out to be a Cousins like QB. Is everyone under the impression his contract will be cheap for his entire career? Sooner or later you will have to back up the truck and pay your QB. I rather pay Cousins 100M over Mario or Dareus and I liked those guys.

Agree 100%.

13 hours ago, BigBuff423 said:

Here's an article written by Brian Billick from 2014, worth a read for the discussion you're having as it presents both sides, but does come to his own conclusion:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000388507/article/firstround-quarterbacks-should-start-from-day-1-in-todays-nfl

I'm not opposed to starting a guy day 1... I think it just shows that if you're going to draft a guy, he should be ready or it's not worth it.

Watson, the best QB in this years draft so far, although it is very early. Wouldn't be considered a day 1 starter. I really think it's about the specific QB at hand, not a set rule. But yes, more guys who start day 1 in my opinion are likely to be better as those are the best prospects. Extrapolate this beyond game 1 starters from the first round, you get Carr and Wilson in there and I'm sure a few others who end up being good because they outperformed the competition in the off season.

• Thank you (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I'm not opposed to starting a guy day 1... I think it just shows that if you're going to draft a guy, he should be ready or it's not worth it.

Watson, the best QB in this years draft so far, although it is very early. Wouldn't be considered a day 1 starter. I really think it's about the specific QB at hand, not a set rule. But yes, more guys who start day 1 in my opinion are likely to be better as those are the best prospects. Extrapolate this beyond game 1 starters from the first round, you get Carr and Wilson in there and I'm sure a few others who end up being good because they outperformed the competition in the off season.

That one is on Obrien.  He pulled the starter of halftime of the first game.  Wataon should have been the starter.  But really with Qbs you know what ya got from the first handful of games.  Can you handle adversity?  Win games you shouldnt?  Move your team consistently. .

20 hours ago, Mat68 said:

100% You are forced to pay them.  Stafford, Tannehil, and Dalton are all examples as well.  Buffalo is not forced to sign Cousins.  Flacco had a great year when he won the Superbowl.  He carried them into the Superbowl.  Bortles has put up big numbers in the league.  So i think they are comparable.  They are in the next teir of Qbs.  Cousins is not Brady, Brees, Rodgers.  He is also not Wilson, Big Ben, Rivers and Ryan.  Then the young guys like Wentz, Geoff, Prescott, and Watson have loads of potential.  I put Cousins in with Dalton, Stafford, Flacco, Manning, and Tannehill.  Do you want to pay Cousins as much or probably more than everyone I just said?  I do not.

5 Years from now a Qb that was drafted here I think you have to sign him if he is in that range.  I dont think Cousins is ever going to be in the conversation with Big Ben and Ryan.

That is a strange list to me.  Stafford is clearly the best qb in that group.  Flacco is worse than Tyrod.  Eli is on his way down and also performing worse that TT.  Dalton is somewhere on par with Tyrod.  Tannehill also about on par with Tyrod.

I think Cousins fits in the next group after WIlson, Ben, and Ryan.  Rivers would be in the Cousins group for me with Stafford.  That is the level of qb.  Borderline top 10 guy depending on the week to me.  I don't think that should command 25 million either I just think he is better than most of the guys you tried to group him with.

Edited by section122

1 hour ago, Cruiserplayer said:

Sirius xm 88 Pat kirwain and Jim miller who have watched all of the practices were really high on the north quarterbacks.  By their praise alone I thought they felt Mayfield early, Allen a little later, and Falk was moving up boards. 

5 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Smoke screens, always go the opposite direction of the info; translation - Mayfield

There is no way they take Baker without meeting him and interviewing him in depth (to be honest even leaving his at times questionable behaviour aside I think that probably holds true for anyone you believe is going to be your franchise Quarterback).  Nothing to panic about at this stage though... they get another chance to speak to him at the Combine and the opportunity to bring him in on a visit.  The Senior Bowl interviews are only 15 minutes anyway.  The Bills may well feel Mayfield is the kind of guys who requires a longer sitdown.  

11 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

So every QB but Baker...

They met with all those guys the first day when Baker wasn’t there yet so it’s possible that they wanted to and will meet with him at the combine or something instead