2018 Draft Prospects Who Have Met with the Bills - Pre-Draft Visits are Done

11 minutes ago, N.Y. Orangeman said:

The notion that Allen looked "bad" yesterday is being exaggerated.  So many of his balls were dropped yesterday, some in part due to his velocity.  This isn't to say he doesn't need work, but the notion he had a bad practice seems a bit of a stretch.

I heard both - that there were a lot of drops and also that he was very inaccurate in routes v air. 

34 minutes ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

I cant see the Bills giving $100M to Cousins as that's what hes going to demand

I have a question for everyone that says paying Cousins is too much. Let's say the Bills draft a QB and he turns out to be a Cousins like QB. Is everyone under the impression his contract will be cheap for his entire career? Sooner or later you will have to back up the truck and pay your QB. I rather pay Cousins 100M over Mario or Dareus and I liked those guys.

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I love Roquan Smith too.    

he's only about 6 ft and 220 pounds, aka the size of most RB's.  i think he will have a tough time in a 4-3 being the only MLB and trying to take on OL and stuff the run.  he's better suited as MLB in a 3-4 like what he plays at Georgia or WLB in a 4-3

2 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

he's only about 6 ft and 220 pounds, aka the size of most RB's.  i think he will have a tough time in a 4-3 being the only MLB and trying to take on OL and stuff the run.  he's better suited as MLB in a 3-4 like what he plays at Georgia or WLB in a 4-3

I think he is probably a WLB but I don't totally rule out him playing in the middle in a 4-3.  

52 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Supposedly they are enamored with Roquan. That is actually my reasoning. I am a big fan of his but apparently they are just in love.

In terms of pass rush they absolutely need an upgrade. You can’t have 27 sacks on the year. I thought that Okafor was a good high upside swing. He was off to a great start before getting hurt. He could play opposite Hughes in passing situations. The addition of someone like Hurst will help too. It isn’t the perfect answer but those additions will add to the rush. You’d also have a LB group of Milano, Roquan and Bradham so your coverage would be even better. You can use Lorax in pass rushing situations too. 

Is there a source for this? I think it makes a ton of sense for them to be enamored with him, but I hadn't seen anything saying that other than fans using common sense.

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I believe Haslam (correct me if I'm wrong) stated Dorsey's main responsibility is finding the franchise QB.  That makes me think that the Browns Brass doesn't feel that strongly about Kizer.

I figured the production might have killed Allen's chances at going #1 but looks like he's still in play.

Prolific production in College isnt translatable to the NFL either.  He didnt have a skill player on the roster this past year that will make it to the NFL.  I like his potential that is the part that makes him go sooner is the QB he is today is not the Qb you expect him to be.  

19 hours ago, Blokestradamus said:

It was clear over the summer that Harrison would be a Bill. The kid is a former wrestler. Sean might kidnap him during the next 3 months.

Good to see you back, Blokes.

Some of us were wondering where you had disappeared too.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Prolific production in College isnt translatable to the NFL either.  He didnt have a skill player on the roster this past year that will make it to the NFL.  I like his potential that is the part that makes him go sooner is the QB he is today is not the Qb you expect him to be.  

He didn't have a skill player that will make it to the NFL but he also didn't consistently play against NFL talent.  You still wanted to see better production from him against the smaller schools.  He struggled mightily when he did play top competition in Oregon and Iowa. 

51 minutes ago, Starr Almighty said:

I have a question for everyone that says paying Cousins is too much. Let's say the Bills draft a QB and he turns out to be a Cousins like QB. Is everyone under the impression his contract will be cheap for his entire career? Sooner or later you will have to back up the truck and pay your QB. I rather pay Cousins 100M over Mario or Dareus and I liked those guys.

Imo the NFL has a hard time paying a guy that isnt physically impressive or a "Winner".  With Mario and Daures they were physical marvels for their size and quickness plus they had a few years of top production.  Is Cousins in year 5 going to better than Cousins the last 3 years?  Its the chicken or the egg.  Yes the Eagles, Jaguars, and Vikings made the conference Championship game with middle QBs.  Bortles is still on his rookie deal, For the eagles and Vikins you can add up all of there Qbs respectively and you are sill much less than the cap hit would be for Cousins.  By not paying top flight money on QB they were able to build up their rosters to an elite level.  Cousins could win a Superbowl on any of those teams but after a year or two they will end up like Baltimore.  Flawed roster over priced Qb that fight to slip into the playoffs because they will not be able to bring in FA to sure up the roster.  If you are Buffalo you do not have a top flight roster or a Qb so you are stuck in the middle.  Draft a Qb get a middle backup and use the money in FA to sure up soft spots on the roster and draft a few guys that can develop into strengths.  

5 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

He didn't have a skill player that will make it to the NFL but he also didn't consistently play against NFL talent.  You still wanted to see better production from him against the smaller schools.  He struggled mightily when he did play top competition in Oregon and Iowa. 

Because of the way his teams were imo after they got a lead they went conservative.  The bowl game is a big example first quarter he had 150 yards 3 tds.  After that he only passed on 3rd down for much of game and they ran out the clock.  The struggles vs Iowa and Oregon are not that massive to me.  He made some great throws his wr had 0 seperation and 0 yards after the catch.  Idc who or what qb you are if your wrs cant get open and the line is not giving you much time you are not going to will your offense to win. 

Edited by Mat68

Won't be popular but I really really want to see the Bills trade up for "their guy." 

Give up draft picks. Trade players. Don't care.

With at the moment this QB class looking like a 4-5 1st round talent QB class, let's get one of the 2-3 best, please.

Get the QB, hope Dabol has absorbed enough Bellicheckian brilliance and pray McDermott continues to build this winning culture and all of that will trump talent deficiencies anywhere else on the team.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I think that it’s possible. In my head I think that they make a run at Cousins but ultimately don’t get him.

If they get him though it makes life easier. He isn’t a franchise savior but he is the quickest path to filling out the roster. They will still have over $20M in cap space (or more) and all of their draft picks. Here’s a potential situation:

FA:

- Cousins

- Paul Richardson

- Gaines

- Bradham

- Isaiah Crowell

- Alex Okafor

- Kyle

Draft:

- Trade 21 and 56 to move up for Roquan Smith

- Hurst or Via at 22

- Will Hernandez at 53

- Pettis in the 3rd

- CB in the 4th

- BPA with the picks in the 5th

That is a bit utopian but not totally unrealistic IMO. I expect the Bills to have $50M (ish) in cap space. That team is much improved IMO.

A bit utopian? That's the freaking jackpot! :lol:

If the Bills were able to get both Roquan Smith & Maurice Hurst.....:w00t::w00t::w00t:

I still think that getting Cousins is a long shot, though.

11 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

A bit utopian? That's the freaking jackpot! :lol:

If the Bills were able to get both Roquan Smith & Maurice Hurst.....:w00t::w00t::w00t:

I still think that getting Cousins is a long shot, though.

I could be the GM. 

I too think that Cousins is a long shot but that would be a hell of an offseason.

57 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Imo the NFL has a hard time paying a guy that isnt physically impressive or a "Winner".  With Mario and Daures they were physical marvels for their size and quickness plus they had a few years of top production.  Is Cousins in year 5 going to better than Cousins the last 3 years?  Its the chicken or the egg.  Yes the Eagles, Jaguars, and Vikings made the conference Championship game with middle QBs.  Bortles is still on his rookie deal, For the eagles and Vikins you can add up all of there Qbs respectively and you are sill much less than the cap hit would be for Cousins.  By not paying top flight money on QB they were able to build up their rosters to an elite level.  Cousins could win a Superbowl on any of those teams but after a year or two they will end up like Baltimore.  Flawed roster over priced Qb that fight to slip into the playoffs because they will not be able to bring in FA to sure up the roster.  If you are Buffalo you do not have a top flight roster or a Qb so you are stuck in the middle.  Draft a Qb get a middle backup and use the money in FA to sure up soft spots on the roster and draft a few guys that can develop into strengths.  

Because of the way his teams were imo after they got a lead they went conservative.  The bowl game is a big example first quarter he had 150 yards 3 tds.  After that he only passed on 3rd down for much of game and they ran out the clock.  The struggles vs Iowa and Oregon are not that massive to me.  He made some great throws his wr had 0 seperation and 0 yards after the catch.  Idc who or what qb you are if your wrs cant get open and the line is not giving you much time you are not going to will your offense to win. 

I believe Cousins is not comparable to Flacco, Case and Bortles. My question was after we draft a guy and he shows he can play, do you not believe they are going to be forced to pay him the big bucks? Also after paying him can the Bills still not end up like Baltimore? Im on the fence with Cousins but it has nothing to do with the price tag, because when you have a good QB he will demand a high salary.

2 hours ago, Starr Almighty said:

I believe Cousins is not comparable to Flacco, Case and Bortles. My question was after we draft a guy and he shows he can play, do you not believe they are going to be forced to pay him the big bucks? Also after paying him can the Bills still not end up like Baltimore? Im on the fence with Cousins but it has nothing to do with the price tag, because when you have a good QB he will demand a high salary.

100% You are forced to pay them.  Stafford, Tannehil, and Dalton are all examples as well.  Buffalo is not forced to sign Cousins.  Flacco had a great year when he won the Superbowl.  He carried them into the Superbowl.  Bortles has put up big numbers in the league.  So i think they are comparable.  They are in the next teir of Qbs.  Cousins is not Brady, Brees, Rodgers.  He is also not Wilson, Big Ben, Rivers and Ryan.  Then the young guys like Wentz, Geoff, Prescott, and Watson have loads of potential.  I put Cousins in with Dalton, Stafford, Flacco, Manning, and Tannehill.  Do you want to pay Cousins as much or probably more than everyone I just said?  I do not.

5 Years from now a Qb that was drafted here I think you have to sign him if he is in that range.  I dont think Cousins is ever going to be in the conversation with Big Ben and Ryan.

On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 2:58 PM, KelsaysLunchbox said:

Honestly would not shock me if going QB in round 1 isn't part of the plans at OBD. Unless someone unexpected falls I would not rule out Falk or White on day 2 and fixing other needs in round 1.

If that happens this place will implode.

There's no need to qualify that statement.  This place will implode regardless of what happens.