2018 Draft Prospects Who Have Met with the Bills - Pre-Draft Visits are Done

On 1/23/2018 at 4:04 PM, xRUSHx said:

I agree I will be one of them to explode if they pass on one of the top 5 QB prospects from this draft. They have all the tools to land one, just do it.

Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield, Rudolph and bringing up the rear #5 that needs a bunch of work Allen. If they want Falk or White they better be the second QB taken or McD and OBD will have there hands full of angry fans sick of the way the QB position is always on the back burner IMO. I get a D coach wants to build up his D but to be good in this league you need a legit QB first and formost or he will join the long list of real good D coaches fired from OBD.

Does it depend on ones definition of "Pass -on one of the touted 5"? What if they try but just can't come to terms w/ a trading partner? Curious!

On 3/4/2018 at 9:11 PM, Nihilarian said:

This kinda tells me what I've always thought and that is the Bills won't be moving up into the top six.  Moving up into the top ten is another thing I think they might want to do depending on who is still there QB wise.

I suspect Allen, Darnold, and Rosen will be gone by the sixth pick and if Mayfield is still there they might make a move to beat out Miami, Arizona. JMHO

I'm thinking they won't move at all anymore and won't even take a QB at 12. Round 3 QB is the earliest one taken I bet.

Fans have been waiting forever for a top QB drafted by the Bills but sadly this again is not the year. I am starting to think this staff is no different then all the rest that have been here. I think they are fine with building around the backup QB(just like the last few staffs that were fired within 3 years). They are doing what the other staffs did, dump the last staffs backup starting QB just to sign another teams backup QB. Uncanny how all these staffs avoid the most important position in football.

Next year we again will be hunting for a franchise worthy QB with none in sight. Sadly I do not see this staff sticking around past 2020 after this fail of avoiding a chance at a franchise worthy QB, I lost my excitement for this team just like every second year of these fired staffs that have been here. Why the hell can't we get a staff that holds QB in a higher regard. All these moves we all thought was for a QB and ends up nothing but Whaley wasted moves. I am ready to watch the draft just to have the same disappointment after round one, no QB taken.

Edited by xRUSHx

2 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

I'm thinking they won't move at all anymore and won't even take a QB at 12. Round 3 QB is the earliest one taken I bet.

Fans have been waiting forever for a top QB drafted by the Bills but sadly this again is not the year. I am starting to think this staff is no different then all the rest that have been here. I think they are fine with building around the backup QB(just like the last few staffs that were fired within 3 years). They are doing what the other staffs did, dump the last staffs backup starting QB just to sign another teams backup QB. Uncanny how all these staffs avoid the most important position in football.

Next year we again will be hunting for a franchise worthy QB with none in sight. Sadly I do not see this staff sticking around past 2020 after this fail of avoiding a chance at a franchise worthy QB, I lost my excitement for this team just like every second year of these fired staffs that have been here. Why the hell can't we get a staff that holds QB in a higher regard. Alk these moves we all thought was for a QB and ends up nothing but Whaley wasted moves.

Wow that is a lot of doom and gloom when the draft is still a month away.

3 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

Next year we again will be hunting for a franchise worthy QB with none in sight. Sadly I do not see this staff sticking around past 2020 after this fail of avoiding a chance at a franchise worthy QB, I lost my excitement for this team just like every second year of these fired staffs that have been here. Why the hell can't we get a staff that holds QB in a higher regard. Alk these moves we all thought was for a QB and ends up nothing but Whaley wasted moves.

I understand your angst, but this is recklessly pessimistic.  They literally had to sign a vet after trading Taylor.  McCarron is a good choice at a nice contract.  It does not in any way imply some refusal to get a qb in the draft.  I'll be shocked if qb isn't picked at12 or higher if there is a trade-up.

5 minutes ago, section122 said:

Wow that is a lot of doom and gloom when the draft is still a month away.

Yeah man, I am ready for the disappointment of this staff from this draft. It's inevitable of the same old Bills.

3 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

I understand your angst, but this is recklessly pessimistic.  They literally had to sign a vet after trading Taylor.  McCarron is a good choice at a nice contract.  It does not in any way imply some refusal to get a qb in the draft.  I'll be shocked if qb isn't picked at12 or higher if there is a trade-up.

I do like the signing of McCarron, I like that Tyrod is gone but that was because I thought this staff was different and was going all in on moving up for a top 1st round talent at QB this year but sadly at 12 that is not going to happen. The longer they wait to try to move up will suggest to me that it will not happen and they are completey happy with another teams backup QB to build around.

Edited by xRUSHx

4 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

I do like the signing of McCarron, I like that Tyrod is gone but that was because I thought this staff was different and was going all in on moving up for a top 1st round talent at QB this year but sadly at 12 that is not going to happen

I do not see how you can actually know this.  I think you are letting the failures of the past too strongly influence your anticipation of the future.

6 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

I do not see how you can actually know this.  I think you are letting the failures of the past too strongly influence your anticipation of the future.

Failures of the past...

I know that is exactly what is doing it. Same old Bills. Until they do something different it's the same old failures of the past,  we are talking decades here. Same old groundhogs day drafts. Decades of wishing for QB, draft a RB, wish for a QB draft a DT. Always have a roster that needs work more then addressing the QB the most important position in football. Why wish for a SB dynasty because all these guys are looking for is a wild card birth.

I guess I feel if I expect the fail it won't hurt as bad come draft night.

Edited by xRUSHx

4 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

Failures of the past...

I know that is exactly what is doing it. Same old Bills. Until they do something different it's the same old failures of the past,  we are talking decades here. Same old groundhogs day drafts, wish for QB, draft a RB, wish for a QB draft a DT.

Sorry, that is more emotive than rational.  No reason to be so anguished.  They will get a qb in round one.

1 minute ago, Dr. Who said:

Sorry, that is more emotive than rational.  No reason to be so anguished.  They will get a qb in round one.

I hope your right but sadly history says different. Sitting at 12 it looks like another let down waiting to happen..

Edited by xRUSHx

30 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

Next year we again will be hunting for a franchise worthy QB with none in sight. Sadly I do not see this staff sticking around past 2020 after this fail of avoiding a chance at a franchise worthy QB, I lost my excitement for this team just like every second year of these fired staffs that have been here. Why the hell can't we get a staff that holds QB in a higher regard. All these moves we all thought was for a QB and ends up nothing but Whaley wasted moves. I am ready to watch the draft just to have the same disappointment after round one, no QB taken.

Naa, Everything this regime has done the past year to dump the big names with their big cap hits for picks tells me that this is the year they get their franchise QB.  Right now everything is all smoke and mirrors because they don't want other teams to know who they like. One of the top six QBs will be a Buffalo Bills after April. 

I think this FO likes Darnold and are setting up plans just in case the Browns and Giants pass on him. I highly doubt they will give up the farm for the lesser graded players just to pick one. Rosen, Mayfield, Allen all grade about the same with Jackson pretty close and Rudolph not far behind them. The worst case scenario is Rudolph at #22 and best case is Darnold at #2. They could still trade up outta the 12 spot should one of the top four fall past the 6th pick.

Edited by Nihilarian

25 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

Naa, Everything this regime has done the past year to dump the big names with their big cap hits for picks tells me that this is the year they get their franchise QB.  Right now everything is all smoke and mirrors because they don't want other teams to know who they like. One of the top six QBs will be a Buffalo Bills after April. 

I think this FO likes Darnold and are setting up plans just in case the Browns and Giants pass on him. I highly doubt they will give up the farm for the lesser graded players just to pick one. Rosen, Mayfield, Allen all grade about the same with Jackson pretty close and Rudolph not far behind them. The worst case scenario is Rudolph at #22 and best case is Darnold at #2. They could still trade up outta the 12 spot should one of the top four fall past the 6th pick.

Smoke and mirrors is just a way OBD sells the fans they are going to get us a QB just to end up not getting one. They keep thinking a QB will fall in the draft to them, (if you dont count EJ a QB nobody wanted)it never happens because other teams make it happen.

Sadly 22 is just as bad as 12 IMO if looking for a 1st round QB.

Cleveland, (maybe Giants)Jets, Denver, Miami, Arizona in fact add in Pitt for Rudolph and 6 QBs will be gone before 22 and if teams do a little moving 5 could be gone before our 12th pick IMO.

At 12 I just don't see them pulling the trigger on a QB anymore I think they are already getting ready to build around McCarPeterman. Maybe it's not that bad, maybe Cinci again can get us a wild card and we might score more then a FG in the loss of said playoff game.

Edited by xRUSHx

2018 NFL Draft: Tracking AFC East teams' interest in prospects

BUFFALO BILLS

First-round spot: 12 and 22 
» Bills' 2018 draft picks | Draft history

Top prospects associated with the Bills: 
» Lamar Jackson, QB, Louisville: Meets with Bills at Combine 
» Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma: Mayfield works out for Bills 
» Dante Pettis, WR, Washington: Meets Bills at UW pro day 
» Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA: Rosen to work out for Bills