2018 Draft Prospects Who Have Met with the Bills - Pre-Draft Visits are Done

Buffalo Bills
  • Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming (SR)
  • Tre Flowers, S, Oklahoma State (EW)
  • Derrius Guice, RB, LSU (COM)
  • Ryan Izzo, TE, Florida State (COM)
  • Lamar Jackson, QB, Louisville (COM)
  • Jaryd Jones-Smith, OT, Pittsburgh (COM)
  • Jamarcus King, CB, South Carolina (SR)
  • Avonte Maddox, CB, Pittsburgh (EW)
  • Baker Mayfield^, QB, Oklahoma (SR, COM)
  • Kolton Miller, OT, UCLA (COM)
  • Brandon Parker, OT, North Carolina A&T (COM)
  • Rashaad Penny, RB, San Diego State (COM)
  • Frank Ragnow, G/C, Arkansas (COM)
  • Martinas Rankin, OT, Mississippi State (COM)
  • Mason Rudolph, QB, Oklahoma State (SR)
  • Jaylen Samuels, RB, N.C. State (COM)
  • Brandon Silvers, QB, Troy (SR)
  • James Washington, WR, Oklahoma State (SR)
  • Mike White, QB, Western Kentucky (COM)
  • Ethan Wolf, TE, Tennessee (EW)

6 minutes ago, BillsGuru4 said:

No Darnold or Rosen???

Not that I have seen.  If they didn't formally visit with them at the Combine they still can still meet them at their respective campuses on pro days or private workouts and we also have pre-draft visits to OBD. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillsGuru4 said:

No Darnold or Rosen???

This kinda tells me what I've always thought and that is the Bills won't be moving up into the top six.  Moving up into the top ten is another thing I think they might want to do depending on who is still there QB wise.

I suspect Allen, Darnold, and Rosen will be gone by the sixth pick and if Mayfield is still there they might make a move to beat out Miami, Arizona. JMHO

3 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

This kinda tells me what I've always thought and that is the Bills won't be moving up into the top six.  Moving up into the top ten is another thing I think they might want to do depending on who is still there QB wise.

I suspect Allen, Darnold, and Rosen will be gone by the sixth pick and if Mayfield is still there they might make a move to beat out Miami, Arizona. JMHO

This is where I watch for a possible misdirection - they stayed away from the top 3. They also attended the USC & UCLA game when they were playing the Chargers. I would expect that they will want to keep their cards close to the chest, much like the Bears with Trubisky last year...

1 minute ago, Reed83HOF said:

This is where I watch for a possible misdirection - they stayed away from the top 3. They also attended the USC & UCLA game when they were playing the Chargers. I would expect that they will want to keep their cards close to the chest, much like the Bears with Trubisky last year...

If they are keeping anything close to their vest I hope it's the interest in Cousins. I think moving up to the #2, #3, #4 spot would be cost prohibitive as they would get only 800 + 780 for this years #1s. And those spots would cost 2600, 2200, 1800.

On 3/3/2018 at 6:24 AM, 26CornerBlitz said:

The Bills are Scouting oline, QB, and TE hard. 

Also a few RB and DTs in there. 

I would not be surprised at all if those were the positions filled in the draft. We will probably see LB and WR filled in FA.

17 minutes ago, billspro said:

The Bills are Scouting oline, QB, and TE hard. 

Also a few RB and DTs in there. 

I would not be surprised at all if those were the positions filled in the draft. We will probably see LB and WR filled in FA.

I think we'll have more info about who they interview at the Combine with up to sixty allowed IIRC. 

I will say that last year it was tough to get a clue on what Buffalo wanted to do. There was no inkling of any interest in Tre'davious White, Dion Dawkins, or Matt Milano or Vallejo. We assumed there was a connection with Zay Jones, but no report of a visit. They met with Peterman and pretty much all of the quarterbacks including Watson, Mahomes, Trubisky etc. They did meet with a number of corners, receivers, and tackles. I think the days or gone where we could look at a Buddy Nix and Doug Whaley list of reported visitors and kind of narrow it down to 1-3 guys they could pick. A couple of years ago, Shaq Lawson, Reggie Ragland, Cardale Jones, and Adolphus Washington were so obviously going to be the picks. Before that there was CJ Spiller the waterbug, Preston Brown, John Miller...just so obvious.  

Last year, McDermott's first and no pre-draft luncheon thing, rumors had it that the Bills wanted to trade up for Trubisky, when that was out they set their sights on Marshon Lattimore. When the trade down came together, they targeted White. We heard there was interest in Trubisky, but nothing on Lattimore or White. 

In conclusion, I think they will meet with pretty much all of the quarterbacks and try to trade up for one. By the list of visitors and meetings, we can kind of see which positions they might be targeting, which players they want is probably not as clear. 

• 2 weeks later...