2018 Draft Prospects Who Have Met with the Bills - Pre-Draft Visits are Done

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

According to Josh Norris of NBC Sports, the Bills conducted a private workout with Miami edge rusher Chad Thomas and defensive tackle Kendrick Norton. The Bills had previously hosted Miami defensive tackle RJ McIntosh on a pre-draft visit in addition to hosting USC edge rusher Uchenna Nwosu. 

The three Miami defensive linemen are an intriguing bunch. They combined for 31.5 tackles for loss in 2017 and contributed 10.5 sacks. Thomas moved around Miami's defensive line, generating 28 quarterback hurries from the edge and the interior. Norton played more of a run-stopping role for the Hurricanes and projects as a nose tackle in the NFL. 

In addition to Dawson, Iowa's Josh Jackson, LSU's Donte Jackson and Ohio State's Denzel Ward are among the cornerbacks to visit with the Bills. A year ago, the Bills spent their first-round pick on cornerback Tre'Davious White. They also signed veteran cornerback Vontae Davis. 

Dawson is considered to be a slot cornerback in the NFL. The Bills currently have a big vacancy there with Leonard Johnson still unsigned. A year ago, Pro Football Focus graded Dawson 22nd in the nation with .77 yards per coverage snap. He had four interceptions and nine passes defended last season at Florida.

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

In addition to Dawson, Iowa's Josh Jackson, LSU's Donte Jackson and Ohio State's Denzel Ward are among the cornerbacks to visit with the Bills. A year ago, the Bills spent their first-round pick on cornerback Tre'Davious White. They also signed veteran cornerback Vontae Davis. 

Dawson is considered to be a slot cornerback in the NFL. The Bills currently have a big vacancy there with Leonard Johnson still unsigned. A year ago, Pro Football Focus graded Dawson 22nd in the nation with .77 yards per coverage snap. He had four interceptions and nine passes defended last season at Florida.

It would not shock me if the first three picks were QB, LB, CB.

The Bills will definitely not trade all of their picks in the first two rounds.

Bio: 
Two-year starter who earned First Team All-SEC honors and tied for the team lead with four interceptions while making 34 tackles and breaking up nine passes in 2017. Earned an invitation to the Senior Bowl. Led the team with seven PBUs and posted 24 tackles (3.5 for loss), one interception and one forced fumble as a junior. Combined to record 24 tackles, one interception, one forced fumble and one pass breakup in his first two seasons at Florida.

Pos: 
Hard-working cornerback best facing the action. Displays good recognition and a solid head for the game and stays with assignments. Tracks the pass in the air and displays a good break to the throw and terrific hands for the interception. Mixes it up with receivers throughout the route, fires up the field and gives effort against the run. Shows a burst of closing and recovery speed and plays faster than his 40 time.

Neg: 
A bit slow out of his transition and loses a half-step to opponents off the line. Late to get his head around to locate the pass and tends to do a bit of face guarding. Seems to lose a sense of where he is on the field when his back is to the ball.

Analysis: 
Dawson was a consistent cornerback for Florida and has enough ability to play in a zone system or backed off the line of scrimmage at the next level.

8 hours ago, Virgil said:

What's the difference between a pre-draft visit and a private workout?

Location.  Private workouts usually take place at a prospect's school while pre-draft visits are at team facilities with no on field work. 

8 hours ago, Virgil said:

How many top 3 round picks have we drafted that we DIDN'T visit with in recent years, or with Beane in Carolina

This is tough to pinpoint. Since teh Nix and Whaley days, we pretty much always drafted off teh list of visitors. In fact, a lot of time it was easy to anticipate picks. Kelvin Sheppard, Preston Brown, John Miller...I remember it being completely obvious that we were going to draft those guys. 

Last year Beane was not here and we drafted a few Carolina visitors. I think the only visitor we drafted last year was Nathan Peterman. 

This is the first year of McBeane...so we really have nothing to go off of. New regime so no sample to compare things to.

Everyone knows we want a quarterback, so I think the smokescreen is showing heavy interest in all of them, rather than trying to hide our interest. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, billspro said:

That would give us a solid WR core if we added Moore

It would help depending on how long it would take for him to get up to speed.  I wouldn't call them solid with Benjamin as the only established threat at WR. 

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

It would help depending on how long it would take for him to get up to speed.  I wouldn't call them solid with Benjamin as the only established threat at WR. 

They would definitely have a lot of unproven players. I think Moore is ready to contribute as a WR2 right away. I also think Zay will take a big step this year, he was so talented in college. KB is in a contract year so he will be ready to go.

BUFFALO BILLS

First-round spot: 12 and 22 
» Bills' 2018 draft picks | Draft history

Top prospects associated with the Bills: 
» Sam Darnold, QB, USC: Bills to work out Darnold 
» Josh Jackson, CB, Iowa: Will visit Bills 
» Lamar Jackson, QB, Louisville: Meets with Bills at Combine 
» Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma: Report: Mayfield to visit Bills 
» Dante Pettis, WR, Washington: Meets Bills at UW pro day 
» Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA: Rosen to visit Bills 
» Mason Rudolph, QB, Oklahoma State: Rudolph to visit Bills 
» Leighton Vander Esch, LB, Boise State: Vander Esch to visit Bills