2018 Draft Prospects Who Have Met with the Bills - Pre-Draft Visits are Done

2 hours ago, kdiggz said:

there is a very good chance he is full of crap but also a very small chance that he is right.  we have had posters in the past like Leroi who were often pretty accurate so who knows

Yes, but Leroy was a completely different thing.  He infrequently posted his inside info, very carefully, and he developed credibility over time.  Dufus Don, not so much.  Blasted us with BS, claimed credit for being right about things that either happened before he ever posted or just happened because there was a70% chance they would anyway.  "Dennison likely to be fired" Oh really?  SDS called him out on lies about where he was posting from.  On and on.  He is an idiot who seems to have thankfully gone away.   There is a zero percent chance he was posting "inside information".

45 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

I love Darnold/Rosen and really hope somehow someway they get one of them.

Mayfield is going top 15 bank it IMO. Doubt he gets past Denver.

Allen has problems with feet and accuracy, needs a few seasons of development and still could bust by what some are saying. He is more for a team that already has a franchise QB, maybe one close to retirement IMO so he can sit and learn for a few years.

Rudolph is a very intriguing prospect that could possibly be taken with our first pick without moving at all.  They have looked at him a few times already. He can rack up yards, great in the pocket, accurate, he has had a great football development his entire time in schools. Jackson is so way off the charts to bother with IMO because he is run first just like we have now so why get Tyrod 2.0, he does not make my top 5 or even top 7 from this draft.

Supposedly the Broncos are going to pursue Cousins aggressively.  If they land him before the draft, they'll pass on a top QB.

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I can’t wait until the Bills use like 6 combine visits on Harrison Phillips just so they can spend more time with him. 15 minutes just isn’t enough

He’s definitely getting one of the overnight pre-draft visits. They are going to watch “Vision Quest” at least once. 

2 hours ago, xRUSHx said:

I love Darnold/Rosen and really hope somehow someway they get one of them.

Mayfield is going top 15 bank it IMO. Doubt he gets past Denver.

Allen has problems with feet and accuracy, needs a few seasons of development and still could bust by what some are saying. He is more for a team that already has a franchise QB, maybe one close to retirement IMO so he can sit and learn for a few years.

Rudolph is a very intriguing prospect that could possibly be taken with our first pick without moving at all.  They have looked at him a few times already. He can rack up yards, great in the pocket, accurate, he has had a great football development his entire time in schools. Jackson is so way off the charts to bother with IMO because he is run first just like we have now so why get Tyrod 2.0, he does not make my top 5 or even top 7 from this draft.

I don’t disagree agree that he is a season or two away from being really ready, but that for sure does not disqualify him for the Bills, in my opinion.  

First, the Bills are a far more than a QB away from being serious contenders.  Second, none of these QBs is going to walk in year 1 and lead a modestly talented (at best) Bills team to the Super Bowl.

For sure, if they think that they can trade up and get a QB who will be very good for 10 years, then by all means do so.  BUT, don’t thinks that

1- they don’t have a LOT of other holes that will not be filled exclusively in FA.

2- most, maybe alll of these QBs are more likely to be “ok” rather than great.  Who thinks any of these guys will be better than Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Roethlisberger in year one?

For me, I couldn’t care less whether the QB prospect is ready to play year one.  I think it is unlikely that any of these guys will be truly ready to do that.  What I want/hope for is a QB prospect who has a chance to be a top 10 QB in the league eventually when the rest of the team is built around him.

3 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

If you hear any of the following buzzwords to describe Harrison Phillips take a drink, “lunch pail,” “hard hat,” “blue collar,” “high motor,” “effort guy,” or any other stereotype along those lines.

Very eccentric player. Beloved by Stanford fans,

3 hours ago, ndirish1978 said:

He was late due to a family emergency. He just stepped foot on the field.

Or was he being bailed out?

8 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

Mayfield will go in the top 5 and might even go earlier as teams drool over his accuracy. Allen is the one with the big arm with many concerns with his low accuracy and low TD/ INT ratio. JMO 

The guy was wrong about almost everything he said. 

Anyone who starts with Baker isn't Manziel... and say's he won't be a round 1 pick is just someone who is out of touch. Even if he's worth a 2nd, he'll go in the 1st because of the position. The Broncos coaching staff also requested he be on their team, he's getting interest from the top 5. 

Edited by Ol Dirty B

7 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I can’t wait until the Bills use like 6 combine visits on Harrison Phillips just so they can spend more time with him. 15 minutes just isn’t enough

I think when this is all over that McD and Phillips should get an apartment together.