2018 Draft Prospects Who Have Met with the Bills - Pre-Draft Visits are Done

Them meeting with every other QB (sans Lauletta and Tanner Lee) makes me feel better about them meeting with Rudolph. I'm just so concerned they'll take Rudolph in the 1st or 2nd round and i'll be so disappointed. Interviewing everyone else at least gives me the hope that it's just due diligence though.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

My speculation:

Mayfield won’t be a first rounder Imo.  He’s not Manziel... but you’ve got height risk, off the field risk and progression ability risk. 

Allen might go earlier than people think. His release is quick and tight. Nice athlete for a talker guy. 

Darnold and Rosen are interesting- I don’t see them as foles and wentz, but I think the top of the order is going to go for it anyway. Cant tell if these are system guys destined for nfl mediocrity. 

Mayfield will go in the top 5 and might even go earlier as teams drool over his accuracy. Allen is the one with the big arm with many concerns with his low accuracy and low TD/ INT ratio. JMO 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Bray Wyatt said:

Ah ok,

I knew he was late, just wasnt sure if the day was over for practice etc. yet

Watching NFLN on my phone, he literally just stepped on the field for the beginning of North practice. Should be on the field for a while. 

There are like 15 teams that need qbs.  Whether you think they're worth it or not these guys are all going somewhere in the first round. Rosen,  Darnold, Allen, Mayfield,  Jackson and Rudolph will all go 1st round. Unless one of them chokes at the combine or Mayfield measures under 6.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

They will meet with everyone they possibly can at the senior bowl because they only have a limited # of players they can meet with at the combine, and they will want to stack those with underclassmen who aren’t in Mobile.

Yep. What will be interesting is if there is a double meeting. Ie Senior Bowl and Combine. If they use one of their 15 minute meetings at Combine with the same QB they met at Senior Bowl you can start to see who they really like

34 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

Mayfield will go in the top 5 and might even go earlier as teams drool over his accuracy. Allen is the one with the big arm with many concerns with his low accuracy and low TD/ INT ratio. JMO 

If he's going top five, I hope we're trading up.  

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

My speculation:

Mayfield won’t be a first rounder Imo.  He’s not Manziel... but you’ve got height risk, off the field risk and progression ability risk. 

Allen might go earlier than people think. His release is quick and tight. Nice athlete for a taller guy. 

Darnold and Rosen are interesting- I don’t see them as foles and wentz, but I think the top of the order is going to go for it anyway. Cant tell if these are system guys destined for nfl mediocrity. 

Rudolf I know nothing about.

lamar Jackson is an very intriguing dev prospect 

I love Darnold/Rosen and really hope somehow someway they get one of them.

Mayfield is going top 15 bank it IMO. Doubt he gets past Denver.

Allen has problems with feet and accuracy, needs a few seasons of development and still could bust by what some are saying. He is more for a team that already has a franchise QB, maybe one close to retirement IMO so he can sit and learn for a few years.

Rudolph is a very intriguing prospect that could possibly be taken with our first pick without moving at all.  They have looked at him a few times already. He can rack up yards, great in the pocket, accurate, he has had a great football development his entire time in schools. Jackson is so way off the charts to bother with IMO because he is run first just like we have now so why get Tyrod 2.0, he does not make my top 5 or even top 7 from this draft.

1 hour ago, kdiggz said:

As per Dunkirk Don, the Bills are infatuated with Josh Allen.  Hopefully they don't do anything stupid and trade away their draft for a QB that is probably 2 yrs away from playing 

If a qb is two years away from playing that is the least of the team's worries. The issue isn't how soon the qb will play as it is when he is ready to play how good is going to be? There are two parts to our qb situation next year. One is to get a bridge qb who can play the position at an adequate level and also play in a full range offense. That would be in contrast to adjusting the offense to the limitations of the qb. The second part of the qb issue is obviously finding a franchise qb from this pool of prospects. It is improbable that the qb we select (assuming we do so) will be ready to play immediately. 

I'm not looking for a quick fix. Odds are against a rookie making an immediate splash. What I want is a credible prospect in the pipeline who in the not too distant future will be ready when he is the one taking the snaps. 

Odds are against Mayfield and Rudolph becoming good NFL QBs and it has nothing to do with size or attitude.  I just do not trust offensive players coming out of that conference unless they are physical freaks and absolutely dominate. Wouldn't trust OT Williams or Brown either. Zero defense is played in the Big 12.