Zolak appology

Cmdjr85

16 hours ago, Herc11 said:

First off, check your reading comprehension. Did I say "you are lame" or did I say "Thats pretty lame"? I know, it's pretty difficult to see that I was actually referring to his opinion, that it is derogatory, is lame. I stand by that 100% regardless of who says it. I know that SDS runs this place, but does that mean I have to kiss his butt and agree with everything he says? Stop being a "yes" man and grow a pair.

You have a douchy view of what "growing a pair" means.  You're in someone's house.  They get to set the rules for what goes on in their house.  If they tell you "don't piss in my potted plants" and you piss in the plants, that doesn't mean you "have a pair" that mean's you're a jerk. 

If you think their rules are lame, politely excuse yourself, leave, build your own house and run it by whatever rules you like.  Having respect for the owner's rights isn't "kissing their butt", it's behaving decently.

You can disagree all you like with respect and politeness, there's plenty of that in this thread.  All good.

On 1/23/2018 at 2:17 PM, SDS said:

Any time someone refers to our fan base as “Bills Mafia” it is an insult. Why can’t we drop that childish derogatory name already? I’m pretty damn close to putting it on the ban filter. 

Yeah.  We certainly can't entertain freedom of speech.   Not when you have that authority and their opinion differs from  yours.  

I can't stand the N word.  How can I listen to rap music or communicate with my African-American friends?  Particularly the ones who have recently been released from prison and that is the only word they know, other than the phrase: "you know what saying"?

Maybe I should ban them from attending my volunteered classes to help them get acclimated back into society. 

41 minutes ago, JTown said:

Yeah.  We certainly can't entertain freedom of speech.   Not when you have that authority and their opinion differs from  yours.  

I can't stand the N word.  How can I listen to rap music or communicate with my African-American friends?  Particularly the ones who have recently been released from prison and that is the only word they know, other than the phrase: "you know what saying"?

Maybe I should ban them from attending my volunteered classes to help them get acclimated back into society. 

Why is it so tough for people "get" the whole "freedom of speech" concept?  Don't they teach Civics in school these days?

Freedom of speech and of the press means the government can't go after you for what you say in a public place, or your own property.

It has nothing to do with TOS on a private bulletin board or program, and nothing to do with what you can say at work (where your employer may set their own restrictions).

• Like (+1) 1

In terms of the Eagles fans behavior, I just came across this article  about the rough time Keenums family endured in Philly. The article doesn't offer up much in the way of details but I thought the following was humorous:

"In response to the rude welcome they received in Philadelphia, several Vikings fans were reportedly planning to dress up as Uber drivers for the Super Bowl so they can pick up Eagles fans and leave them in the wrong place."

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/vikings-case-keenum-family-rough-time-philly-article-1.3776951

in this thread:

hypocrisy.  we can use a derogatory term about a culture that we are not a part of because it it is not in a purely negative light in our eyes (example nigga vs. the other spelling)

virtue signalling.  i am offended by the inclusion of my heritage for a bunch of drunk idiots who do stupid ****.

idiots - see poster posting current message.

1 hour ago, JTown said:

oh wow, how'd i miss this before my post above.

actually you can say the "n-word" no one is stopping you.  go outside, say it as loud as you'd like.  say it here.  go to the mall tomorrow and use it all day.

hell, you can run in to a crowded theatre and yell fire and it's not illegal.  it's free speech.

people really need to learn what free speech actually is.

working with inmates is not a noble cause, though, know what i am saying?

Edited by Boyst62

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

You have a douchy view of what "growing a pair" means.  You're in someone's house.  They get to set the rules for what goes on in their house.  If they tell you "don't piss in my potted plants" and you piss in the plants, that doesn't mean you "have a pair" that mean's you're a jerk. 

If you think their rules are lame, politely excuse yourself, leave, build your own house and run it by whatever rules you like.  Having respect for the owner's rights isn't "kissing their butt", it's behaving decently.

You can disagree all you like with respect and politeness, there's plenty of that in this thread.  All good.

My bad, I didn't know this was North Korea and SDS was Kim Jong-un. I was under the impression this was a discussion forum where people can expresd differences in opinion. Off to the prison camp for me because I voiced a disagreance with your leader!

A quick scroll through the Buffalo Bills twitter timeline shows them RTing tweets with #BillsMafia in the original tweet (mostly by Bills players). I couldn't find it on their media (tweets started by the Buffalo Bills), although I did find out I missed out on a Free Playoff Donut at Tim Horton's on January 5th.  :cry:<_<

On IG (Instagram) there are hundreds of thousands of images tagged #BillsMafia. None appear to have someone setting themselves on fire (although I gotta say I didn't look too hard).

It is probably a bit more mainstream than many here would like it to be.  In any event, this is SDS' house, and SDS sets the rules.

On January 23, 2018 at 5:36 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Does success dredge it in flour and dip it in beaten egg first, or does success prefer to use cornstarch and buttermilk?

On January 23, 2018 at 5:46 PM, thunderingsquid said:

Zorak Mantis memes 4 | WHAT? APOLOGIZE?!? OH, I THOUGHT YOU SAID ZORAK | image tagged in zorak mantis memes 4 | made w/ Imgflip meme maker

On January 23, 2018 at 6:33 PM, YoloinOhio said:

Only if the kids are holding. 

Yep, these are some winners.  Thank you, gentlemen.

i honestly had to look up who Zolak was and I'm an older guy.  I'm not trying to be sarcastic, I truly didn't know remember him. Only after reading about him did I remember.

Scott, umm...thanks, I guess?

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/23/2018 at 2:17 PM, SDS said:

Any time someone refers to our fan base as “Bills Mafia” it is an insult. Why can’t we drop that childish derogatory name already? I’m pretty damn close to putting it on the ban filter. 

The Players love it. Unfortunate that it garners a negative stigma... 

if Texas a&m weren’t such lawyerly pricks none of this would’ve been necessary 

9 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Is this the same Zolak who cheered as Gronk drove his Barry Bonds arm brace into the back of Tre's head 5 seconds after the whistle?  !@#$ him, his apology, the horse he rode in on, and the house he lives in.

Reading this for the second time within this thread makes me hope Zolak has some gambling debts he failed to pay off with the wrong people. I mean we are using the term Mafia, only seems fitting :lol: 

Just now, Mark Vader said:

What does bread have to do with anything?

Corn bread is great. 

• Like (+1) 1

On January 23, 2018 at 2:54 PM, Pete said:

I know a girl who had a waitress job at a bar in Boston that the Patriots frequented.  She would get livid at the mention of Drew Bledsoe.  She told me he was rude, ultra demanding, cheap, and tried to get her fired.  She said Zolak was banging her roommate, so she got to know him a little bit.  Zolak said Bledsoe pulled that **** everywhere

That sucks to hear.

I went to Bledsoe's winery and he was there. I mentioned I was from Buffalo and he poured my wife and I a glass of wine and talked to us for 15 min.  Seemed like a really interesting guy.    

22 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

in this thread:

hypocrisy.  we can use a derogatory term about a culture that we are not a part of because it it is not in a purely negative light in our eyes (example nigga vs. the other spelling)

virtue signalling.  i am offended by the inclusion of my heritage for a bunch of drunk idiots who do stupid ****.

idiots - see poster posting current message.

oh wow, how'd i miss this before my post above.

actually you can say the "n-word" no one is stopping you.  go outside, say it as loud as you'd like.  say it here.  go to the mall tomorrow and use it all day.

hell, you can run in to a crowded theatre and yell fire and it's not illegal.  it's free speech.

working with inmates is not a noble cause, though, know what i am saying?

When did I proclaim that the volunteer work that I do was noble?  

I did not..  Was that your inference? 

When did I say that I work with intimates?   I never said that.  An inmate is a person incarcerated.   A person released from prison is not an inmate, he/she is a person.

You are horribly wrong I you think that care about  what you think is noble.

You obviously can't read or comprehend very well so I any debate with you is pointless. 

Someone of your intelligence shouldn't go around calling others idiot's. 

But I believe most people on here take the source into consideration when reading your comments. 

22 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

Ironic that you don't seem to have a full grasp on free speech yourself.  I just asked an actual literal criminal prosecutor if that literal act was chargeable, and they said of course it is criminal mischief.

17 minutes ago, JTown said:

When did I proclaim that the volunteer work that I do was noble?  

I did not..  Was that your inference? 

When did I say that I work with intimates?   I never said that.  An inmate is a person incarcerated.   A person released from prison is not an inmate, he/she is a person.

You are horribly wrong I you think that care about  what you think is noble.

You obviously can't read or comprehend very well so I any debate with you is pointless. 

Someone of your intelligence shouldn't go around calling others idiot's. 

But I believe most people on here take the source into consideration when reading your comments. 

I called myself an idiot

9 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

Ironic that you don't seem to have a full grasp on free speech yourself.  I just asked an actual literal criminal prosecutor if that literal act was chargeable, and they said of course it is criminal mischief.

Well then it sounds like your criminal prosecutor needs and education in freedom of speech.  Because quite literally... The literal Act of your criminal prosecutor friend... He needs a little help understanding the law. 

It is perfectly legal to scream fire in a crowded theater. I will defend that until my death. Perhaps your friend needs an education in law, I can give you my number.

Edited by Boyst62