Zolak appology

Cmdjr85

2 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

if you ever had to survive a pipe bomb thrown at the restaurant window you ate at in the 70's and 80's you would think better of this.

You surived a pipe bomb thrown at a restaurant window you were eating at? That's insane. What was it like?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, kdiggz said:

This is true. As an Italian immigrant my grandpa couldn't go to the police because they were racist and corrupt. The mafia protected his rights as an American when others wouldn't. It was often a necessary evil

Does something evil or corrupt remind you of Bills fans?

If the answer is yes you might be a redneck... 

2 hours ago, Bruce_Stools said:

The earliest I can remember the use of Bills Mafia was when Stevie Johnson was in his last year in Buffalo.  I fully embrace the name. I agree with an earlier post which stated how it was at least an original name for us collectively.  Bills Mafia has been solid for years now. 

I suppose you oppose raider nation too??? I mean, pirates are bad. Do you oppose the 12th man???? That's just too many people on the field.  Just my $.02.

Either way, go Bills!

What do you get when a group of Bills mafia accidentally bump heads on the street corner in L A with a gang of Mexican mafia?

Buffalo style chicken wings...

3 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Can we replace it with "Bills Romper Room?"  Or "Bills Daycare?"

I always thought it referred to a specific group of fans from another board or something.  First time someone called me a member of the Bills Mafia, my reaction was "!@#$ no, I'm not with those morons!"  

If we change our name from Bills Mafia to the Buffalo Beer Chuggers do we at least get a participation trophy?

2 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

I realize that life is a matter of context and degree, but Zolak's views with respect to gratuitous and unjustified violence seem a bit inconsistent.  I suppose that, in this instance, he was concerned that somebody might have been, you know, concussed by being hit in the back of the head by a forcefully propelled inanimate object.  Perhaps he should rethink his view of Gronkowski's ambush of the prone Tre White. 

Completly diffrent. Do bills fans throw beer cans at parents and kids? 

2 hours ago, matter2003 said:

We do understand what the mafia is about...it was about providing protection for people who needed it that couldnt get it from anywhere else due to unscrupulous activity...just watch Goodfellas

So, participation was optional?

4 hours ago, Herc11 said:

Derogatory? Seriously??? Thats pretty lame.

Before you call someone lame, you might want to consider the platform from which they speak. SDS just happens to be the platform for the forum on which you are commenting.  Now might be a good time to delete your account and start over. :)

5 hours ago, SDS said:

Any time someone refers to our fan base as “Bills Mafia” it is an insult. Why can’t we drop that childish derogatory name already? I’m pretty damn close to putting it on the ban filter. 

+1.   

5 hours ago, SDS said:

So, “mafia” means something positive in your world?

Actually, it was rarely used here for most of its existence. There was a slight uptick when BBMB shut down. And now everyone is using it after the Andy Dalton charity fundraiser. 

BillsMafia are the asshats lighting themselves on ?. Those who get off on the name are getting off on the badass connotations as being associated with the their own little sports mob. 

Recently the victim of a protection racket? 

5 hours ago, SDS said:

Any time someone refers to our fan base as “Bills Mafia” it is an insult. Why can’t we drop that childish derogatory name already? I’m pretty damn close to putting it on the ban filter. 

Yup, it's pretty much acknowledged shorthand for "drunk idiots" to everyone I've met outside of Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 1