Zolak appology

Cmdjr85

22 minutes ago, SDS said:

Any time someone refers to our fan base as “Bills Mafia” it is an insult. Why can’t we drop that childish derogatory name already? I’m pretty damn close to putting it on the ban filter. 

I know you don't like it but it's too late to shut the barn door. That name is established nationally. FWIW, I don't consider it demeaning. If anything, it's distinctive. It's not another (blank)-Nation, at least.

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

I know you don't like it but it's too late to shut the barn door. That name is established nationally. FWIW, I don't consider it demeaning. If anything, it's distinctive. It's not another (blank)-Nation, at least.

So, “mafia” means something positive in your world?

Actually, it was rarely used here for most of its existence. There was a slight uptick when BBMB shut down. And now everyone is using it after the Andy Dalton charity fundraiser. 

BillsMafia are the asshats lighting themselves on ?. Those who get off on the name are getting off on the badass connotations as being associated with the their own little sports mob. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SDS said:

Actually, it was rarely used here for most of its existence. There was a slight uptick when BBMB shut down. And now everyone is using it after the Andy Dalton charity fundraiser. 

BillsMafia are the asshats lighting themselves on ?. Those who get off on the name are getting off on the badass connotations as being associated with the their own little sports mob. 

I don't agree with this at all Scott. Think it actually has a quite positive connotation now, and people from all over the country recognize it as such. Table slamming is now seen as "all in good fun" (sans fire) and Bills fans as a whole are seen as a fun loving bunch. 

I have absolutely zero issue with Bills Mafia..my only wish is Del and 26 shirts would get more publicity from it.

34 minutes ago, SDS said:

Any time someone refers to our fan base as “Bills Mafia” it is an insult. Why can’t we drop that childish derogatory name already? I’m pretty damn close to putting it on the ban filter. 

I actually think it makes us sound cool :thumbsup:

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, SDS said:

I like it. To each their own , I guess. 

I know a girl who had a waitress job at a bar in Boston that the Patriots frequented.  She would get livid at the mention of Drew Bledsoe.  She told me he was rude, ultra demanding, cheap, and tried to get her fired.  She said Zolak was banging her roommate, so she got to know him a little bit.  Zolak said Bledsoe pulled that **** everywhere

2 minutes ago, Haslett_Stomp said:

Zolak is the Pats*** color commentary guy - the guy who cheered Gronk's hit on Tre'Davious White on the air.

Did he really? That's pretty disgusting. Let me guess? He said Tre deserved it since he was "holding" gronk all game? 

6 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I actually think it makes us sound cool :thumbsup:

4 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

I like it. To each their own , I guess. 

In this thread the OP was mainly referring to his color commentator that refers to us as a trashy fan base, comparing the Bills fan base to the Eagles. I think the title Mafia is original and sounds cool if only meant the fan base traveled as one and has a good showing at road games, but the way it's being perceived to outsiders is that all the Bills fans are jumping through tables and lighting themselves on fire while chugging beer 24/7.  

I might be wrong, but I think that is why SDS has an issue with it. 

43 minutes ago, SDS said:

Really? i respect you, the site and most of the people on here, but why the sensitivity about a term used in obvious jest? it is getting to  a point where fun isnt allowed unless its totally PC.

• Like (+1) 4

8 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

Did he really? That's pretty disgusting. Let me guess? He said Tre deserved it since he was "holding" gronk all game? 

Yes.  I don't remember exactly what he said but you got the gist of it.  He's a complete ass, the Patriots equivalent of Derek Sanderson (for those of you living in Beantown).

Edited by Haslett_Stomp
  • Like (+1) 1

I never understood the mafia thing myself. There is no definition of mafia that paints anything in a positive light

Ma·fi·a
ˈmäfēə/  
noun
noun: Mafia; noun: the Mafia
  1. an organized international body of criminals, operating originally in Sicily and now especially in Italy and the US and having a complex and ruthless behavioral code.
    • any organized group using extortion and other criminal methods.
      noun: mafia; plural noun: mafias
    • a closed group of people in a particular field, having a controlling influence.
  • Like (+1) 2

52 minutes ago, SDS said:

As an American Italian who grandparents on both sides came to America from Sicily to find a better life in the streets of NYC, I wish they would use a reference to Italians that more Americans could get behind.

Like, Bills WOPS.

Who's with me?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, SDS said:

The earliest I can remember the use of Bills Mafia was when Stevie Johnson was in his last year in Buffalo.  I fully embrace the name. I agree with an earlier post which stated how it was at least an original name for us collectively.  Bills Mafia has been solid for years now. 

I suppose you oppose raider nation too??? I mean, pirates are bad. Do you oppose the 12th man???? That's just too many people on the field.  Just my $.02.

Either way, go Bills!

6 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

As an American Italian who grandparents on both sides came to America from Sicily to find a better life in the streets of NYC, I wish they would use a reference to Italians that more Americans could get behind.

Like, Bills WOPS.

Who's with me?

i've been making these t-shirts for years.  maybe now they'll finally start selling.