Daniel Jeremiah's Top 50 Prospects in the 2018 NFL Draft

9 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the list is supposed to be for NFL prospects, not how great someone was in college. RBs are a dime a dozen. Anyone who chooses one in the first round is a sucker. 

Jeremiah isn't saying Barkley will be the #1 pick in the draft. He's saying he's the best player in the draft. Just because he's the best player doesn't necessarily mean it makes sense to take him there value wise. For example, all the big boards from last year that didn't have a QB listed in their top 20 didn't mean that they thought Trubisky, Watson, and Mahomes were all reaches on draft day.

5 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Jeremiah isn't saying Barkley will be the #1 pick in the draft. He's saying he's the best player in the draft. Just because he's the best player doesn't necessarily mean it makes sense to take him there value wise. For example, all the big boards from last year that didn't have a QB listed in their top 20 didn't mean that they thought Trubisky, Watson, and Mahomes were all reaches on draft day.

okay, that makes sense

Edited by Domdab99
do I get a prize for being the first poster on this board to agree with someone who has corrected him?
  • Like (+1) 1

On 1/23/2018 at 2:51 PM, Domdab99 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the list is supposed to be for NFL prospects, not how great someone was in college. RBs are a dime a dozen. Anyone who chooses one in the first round is a sucker. 

I think that the Cowboys and Jags are pretty happy with the guy that they took in the top 5.  Both teams took a massive leap. The pendulum is swinging back in that direction.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

On 1/23/2018 at 10:47 AM, zevo said:

The more I think about it....i think using our picks is the way to go. Rebuild and reshape the roster with cost controlled talent. If somehow we could get to number 2 that’s the only way i personally would get really excited about the prospects of a qb. Grabbing Lamar Jackson in round 2 would also be a dream but isn’t happening. I’m just glad I don’t have to make these decisions.

I agree. Unless you can move up and get "your guy" without giving away the farm, I would sit tight and draft the next group of McD guys. 

Happy to see James Washington WR Ok St NOT on this list. He's my favorite WR in this class. Love to steal him in the 2nd. 

• 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, John from Hemet said:

Lamar Jackson and Harrison Phillips would be though

I love the electricity of Lamar Jackson.  I'm just not a good enough talent evaluator to say if I think he will be good in the NFL.  I lean on the "experts" for that, and I don't see many people saying he is a sure-fire NFL starter in their minds.

1 minute ago, PIZ said:

I love the electricity of Lamar Jackson.  I'm just not a good enough talent evaluator to say if I think he will be good in the NFL.  I lean on the "experts" for that, and I don't see many people saying he is a sure-fire NFL starter in their minds.

What I always find interesting is how QBs fall year to year.

Meaning.....someone of Lamar's talents might be much higher rated in another draft.....his game is much like Mike Vick's who went number 1 overall in his draft and actually was a very dynamic player that carried his team.

I would sign up for that.....and it allows us to keep our draft picks

1 minute ago, John from Hemet said:

What I always find interesting is how QBs fall year to year.

Meaning.....someone of Lamar's talents might be much higher rated in another draft.....his game is much like Mike Vick's who went number 1 overall in his draft and actually was a very dynamic player that carried his team.

I would sign up for that.....and it allows us to keep our draft picks

I like that (keeping our draft picks).  If the Bills select him, I will trust that they know what they are doing.

7 minutes ago, PIZ said:

i'm completely with you on this.  i've seen him play a number of time, and he's a ton of fun to watch.  i just have zero idea if any of that will translate over.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Daniel Jeremiah's top 50 prospects for 2018 NFL Draft 3.0
With about three weeks to go until the 2018 NFL Draft, here are my latest top-50 prospect rankings. Penn State RB Saquon Barkley remains the No. 1 player on my board. There's movement up and down the rankings, but the biggest movers are in the second half of the top 50. The movement here is based on a combination of NFL Scouting Combine results, pro-day results, further film review and feedback I've heard about teams' interviews with prospects. Guys like Maryland WR D.J. Moore have aced the offseason, and that's why they're moving up.

• 3 weeks later...

Daniel Jeremiah's top 50 prospects for 2018 NFL Draft 4.0

Here are my final top-50 rankings before the 2018 NFL Draft begins on Thursday (8 p.m. ET on NFL Network and FOX). There's always the possibility of a late surprise or two, but at this point, teams have all the important information on these players and their boards are locked in.