QB Film Room: Mason Rudolph

Buffalo716

4 hours ago, Acantha said:

Can't imagine wanting to read it.  If he was just trying to make money off book sales by writing an excellent book describing his philosophy and routines, I would read it.  As much as I despise the guy, what he's doing IS pretty incredible.

But the whole book is about selling his products.  Everything in it is going to have that slant and it would be impossible to separate reality from sales strategy.

Didn't know that, I just assumed it was about his training and nutrition.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

• 2 weeks later...

I see a lot of mock drafts that pick the top 4 QB'S.  Why is Mason Rudolph NOT in the discussion more?  Am I missing something here?  His TD's, passer rating etc all look very good, his arm is big, he seems to fit the physical profile as well.  

Any thoughts on Bills grabbing him?  any red flags on the guy?

4 hours ago, Bustersit said:

I see a lot of mock drafts that pick the top 4 QB'S.  Why is Mason Rudolph NOT in the discussion more?  Am I missing something here?  His TD's, passer rating etc all look very good, his arm is big, he seems to fit the physical profile as well.  

Any thoughts on Bills grabbing him?  any red flags on the guy?

He is not a bad Prospect... he comes from a full spread system and made easy reads and doesn't have as strong of an Arm as you'd like from a guy his size

he can develop but he should sit a while

On 1/31/2018 at 2:38 AM, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Yeah pretty much, I always get a kick out of guys (on this Board) who claim that lifting is bad for QBs.

I always thought the tricep pullover would be a good exercise for QBs as this mimics the throwing motion.

i would imagine that their lifting/strength training routine is different from other nfl position players. and i could see how you would want to be careful as not to gain too much mass and lose range of motion in the arm/shoulder. i would also think that core strength and mechanics have a lot to do with the arm strength/ball velocity. 

On February 26, 2018 at 9:36 AM, Buffalo716 said:

He is not a bad Prospect... he comes from a full spread system and made easy reads and doesn't have as strong of an Arm as you'd like from a guy his size

he can develop but he should sit a while

I like Mason Rudolph but I don't think he has a strong enough arm to develop into a high end starter in the league. Do you think he has enough arm strength? I thought he had enough originally, but after watching a bunch of the other guys I am not sure he does. I have moved Mike White a head of him because White has NFL arm strength and accuracy. I also moved Josh Allen ahead of him recently, along with Lamar Jackson. 

Right now I have Rudolph battling with Falk as a third round QB prospect. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, billspro said:

I like Mason Rudolph but I don't think he has a strong enough arm to develop into a high end starter in the league. Do you think he has enough arm strength? I thought he had enough originally, but after watching a bunch of the other guys I am not sure he does. I have moved Mike White a head of him because White has NFL arm strength and accuracy. I also moved Josh Allen ahead of him recently, along with Lamar Jackson. 

Right now I have Rudolph battling with Falk as a third round QB prospect. 

I think he has good accuracy but the more I watch his arm strength definitely leaves some to be desired 

its not super weak and you can definitely improve it but it isn't where I'd like it right now

i think he will go second round , maybe early 3rd

42 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I think he has good accuracy but the more I watch his arm strength definitely leaves some to be desired 

its not super weak and you can definitely improve it but it isn't where I'd like it right now

i think he will go second round , maybe early 3rd

It will be interesting to see how his arm compares to the other QBs at the combine, if it looks good he is an early second round pick for sure. 

Have you watched Logan Woodside at all? He is a really interesting mid to late round QB prospect imo.

Edited by billspro

1 hour ago, MOVALLEYRANDY said:

Didn't read entire thread. Have you looked at Mike White? If so, how do compare his future to Rudolph's ? TY.

I have Lamar Jackson , and white left

I just finished Rosen pretty much so I will put his up asap 

Them Jackson and White round out my big 7... i haven't watched much white so I will take atleast 1 week to watch every snap

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Them Jackson and White round out my big 7... i haven't watched much white so I will take atleast 1 week to watch every snap

Thanks again!

On 1/23/2018 at 3:10 AM, GunnerBill said:

Does he understand and read defenses or does he just understand the Mike Gundy offense? I think missing the Senior Bowl hurts him much more from an interview perspective than it does from a working under center in front of teams perspective. 

I thought he attended the Senior Bowl for measurements and interviews? 

At least that was reported as his intent

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

Awesome! I look forward to those. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.