QB Film Room: Mason Rudolph

Buffalo716

9 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

Mason Rudolph is the kind of guy I want representing our city. Will he even be there at 21? Guy regularly hits 35-40 yard passes with ease, moreso than any QB in this class. Listen to him in interviews, he's smart, any faults he has can be corrected.

....seems to generally be two schools of thought relative to McBeane and the draft IMO...scenario one is that he built up draft capital to significantly invest it as necessary to move up and get his QB (with MCD & Daboll input of course)...........scenario two is that he built up draft capital to to invest each pick in ONE player, looking to fill as many holse as possible with quality personnel within existing round by round positions......aggressive versus conservative and PLENTY here on "both sides of the aisle".......think same goes for FA dollars ala aggressive versus conservative...thus my opinion agrees with yours namely the safe but perhaps unsexy pick of Rudolph at 21/22.....from what I've been reading, there there are many "draft experts" who don't even have him in the vaunted "top 5" list which means he should/could be there at 21......others have him slipping to the 2nd........McBeane may prefer NOT to gamble and takes him at 21.....OR....he goes OL/DL or DL/OL with the 1sts and gambles on Rudolph being there in the 2nd......also depends how closely they grade the mid tier of let's say Falk, Lauletta or White in comparison to Rudolph........what do you think?.........

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.