Why Marrone and Hackett Still Suck

Domdab99

6 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

It amazes me these coaches get paid millions and don't understand simple football concepts like clock management. Just crazy.....

We have seen this before all year long from our team. That drives me flipping nuts.

When did if not work for us?  What game(s) did we blow a lead late "playing not to lose"?

10 hours ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Blame Hackett for the poor play calling in the second half.

Marrone had clock management issues for sure, but he may have allowed Hackett to call the O plays. Marrone's fault, as it was when with the Bills, was his liking and allegiance to Hackett. Unfortunately, he did not learn his lesson and took him to Jacksonville as well. I wont be surprised if Coughlin puts his foot down and orders Marrone to fire Hackett. 

However, Marrone certainly did pretty good for the overall season. 

I agree with this.  Bills fans will never admit but it set the organization years back when Marrone decided to quit on us.  He won 9 games with Kyle Orton as his QB & made the conference championship with Bortles as his QB.  I follow Syracuse very closely & what he did at that school in that amount of time was nothing short of a miracle.  That is pretty impressive.  The guy by all accounts is a jerk, but he is also a good football coach. 

That's the Douggie Doughboy way. "I've got a lead, now let me play it scared and timid and hope like heck I can sneak out of here with a win."

I still can't forgive him for his ridiculous game management of his first ever game as Bills HC. Bills up 21-20 over the Pats with around 4 minutes left in the 4th, EJ's first game, instead of trying to put together a time consuming drive, they continued to use the uptempo stuff, snapping the ball with 10+ seconds on the playclock. They used up less than a minute of clock, punted, Pats drove it down the field and kicked the game winner with 30 some seconds left. 

Boy Genius's play calling in the 4th quarter stunk. Way too conservative. The situation screamed for a first down pass. They forgot how they got the lead. Playing in N.E. is unique. You CANNOT win there by playing conservative. Even when you are winning, you have to play like you are losing.

That defense was in my opinion the best in the league. They had 2 shutdown corners, and insane defensive line, good linebackers, and solid players on the backend of the secondary. That defense is good enough to carry you to a lot of wins and that's what carried them past us and the Steelers. Bortles, Fournett, and the rest of the offense played good enough but they ran into Brady who made them have to score more than they were comfortable with without turnovers.