Happy 20th Birthday to TSW!

18 minutes ago, Heitz said:

Ha - what's funny, is at random points during literally every season, the memory of the Odes just randomly pops in my head.  At least 2 - 4 times a season.  Brain like, "Hey Heitz, remember those?"  Yup, I do...

:D:beer:

Running naked through fields of cane...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, SDS said:

Jesus. Did you put this on your calendar?

I meant to do something special for this, but I'm just swamped right now. If someone has any suggestions please offer them.

How about draining the swamp! :D

And - for posterity....  Ye olde D&C Hyperbills....  Oldest page I could find on that in the Wayback.  Complete with a discussion of HYPERBILLS TAILGATE....  (their caps)....

Oh - and I forgot to say it again in this post, when I meant to.

Happy Birthday to TSW!  and A huge thanks to SDS for keeping the lights lit.  I'm sure it hasn't always been easy.

Edited by MTBill

1 hour ago, stevewin said:

I always thought in TBD mythology The Avenger posted the first message.  I guess the first "non-Scott" message...

I actually think he was the one who emailed me and asked me to start the message board. 

• Like (+1) 1

Wow this post is awesome!! Totally takes me back to the old internet of the 90s!! I was on the Alt. Bills usenet group for a while, I  think until Outlook eventually stopped using a newsreader?? Seems so archaic now!

AS for the first post? Trading up for Ryan Leaf!!!! LOL I forgot what a highly touted prospect he was before the draft. He was cant miss. Flutie was signed just before the launch of TBD? I can actually remember that brief honeymoon where it was just Flutie? Am I remembering that right? Johnson arrived through trade in February and the circus began.

Thanks for the nostalgia trip!!

Next year we are legal to drink and post! 

Oh, wait...

36 minutes ago, SDS said:

I actually think he was the one who emailed me and asked me to start the message board. 

Are there other world problems we can fix if we simply email you? That’s a serious skill. Thanks! 

1 hour ago, SDS said:

Ah - that's probably what I was thinking of.  All Hail The Avenger!

4 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

This is bringing me memories. 21 years ago I was 15 and remember reading this stuff on the Prodigy Netscape page. Then later on AOL

Yeah, I remember wife and I walking thru a mall and there was a Prodigy kiosk. We signed up right away.  Not long before I was hooked.   Sports updates were in text, like "Smith hits home run"

9 minutes ago, SDS said:

Note the extensive QA I did back then... I went live after two test posts (my first official post was post #3). ?

That was like the Wright brothers. Now we drive remote control vehicles on Mars. The world is a crazy place! Thanks for keeping up. The new platform was a pretty easy adjustment, and a nice upgrade. 

Edited by Augie

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

This board is incredible!

For me, it's like crack cocaine!!

It's all so good, addicting.  Great stuff.

Crack is so outdated. Get with it. Try heroin with a mixture of fentanyl. You'll get a kick out of it. It'll also make you more mellow when you duel with Doc. :)