When will an owner speak out against this blatant favoritism for the *Patriots

jtothebrown

23 minutes ago, Gordio said:

I don't get this statement.  Why would you possibly care about NFL Players?  You think they care about you?  College sports has a ton more passion than pro sports these days.  It is not even close, & if you were fortunate enough to go to school that has a D-1 team it is pretty awesome routing for them.  Much better than routing for spoiled millionaires(the players) & even more spoiled billionaires(the owners) that could give 2 sh*ts less about the average fan. 

Sorry but the overall body of evidence of the past 16 years flat outs refutes this post.  No team in the history of sports has benefitted from poor calls as the Patriots have, it started with the fumble against the Raiders & continues with the blown whistle that was in error that cost the Jags the winning TD.  Spygate, tapes are destroyed, deflategate, they get a slap on the wrist.  I am not quite sure what the league's incentive is to make sure the Patriots are on top, who knows maybe Kraft has the negatives of Goodell & his gay lover in bed, but the evidence is overwhelming at this point. 

Refs showing Pats favoritism is like global warming.

We have clear and conclusive proof it is happening....we just do not know the cause.

I do not think it is a conspiracy but they get favoritism for some reason.

• Thank you (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, stevewin said:

I'll say he played his entire career in an organization dedicated to systematic cheating.  I'll say that he learned to play the position of quarterback for years knowing what defense was called and getting information in his headset until right before the snap, some of which likely continued on through his entire career.  I'll say imagine how many other QBs could have had great records/stats if they learned to play QB in the NFL under similar circumstances.  I'll say that probably just scratches the surface of other advantages through cheating he''s had his entire career.  I'll say his success also includes the most unbelievable incredible string of breaks due to officiating, stupid opponent coaches, his kicker, and baaaaarrrreeely missed plays the history of sports has ever seen.  I'll say similar to Mark McGwire and Lance Armstrong, his accomplishments should be completely discounted and he should be shunned as a pariah, not a hero.  I'll say the mere mention of him as GOAT makes me ill.  Hopefully by the time I have grandkids I'll be able to say finally the whole truth came out by the time you were born.

Just needed to quote this for posterity.

31 minutes ago, Gordio said:

I don't get this statement.  Why would you possibly care about NFL Players?  You think they care about you?  College sports has a ton more passion than pro sports these days.  It is not even close, & if you were fortunate enough to go to school that has a D-1 team it is pretty awesome routing for them.  Much better than routing for spoiled millionaires(the players) & even more spoiled billionaires(the owners) that could give 2 sh*ts less about the average fan. 

Not "care about" personally, but care about who is on the roster and how they are playing.  I think you knew what I meant.  It's why we are all here.

Contrast that to pretty much any college team that is not your alma mater.  I have no doubt it's fun routing for your college team as they play a team where you might be able to name 5 players on the opposing roster.  And any of the elite players will be gone after a year or two.  And they are all spoiled as well--at least compared to all the passionate student fans in the stands paying for their college experience.

The college playoffs are fun to watch, as was the "championship game".  But for most of the season, it's watching your team blow out some tomato cans and cupcakes. 

Anyway...passion?  The even with a 9% increase in viewers, the Georgia/Bama game drew less than half the viewers than last year's SB (even less than Fox's post SB show).

Last year's Cowboys/Packers playoff game drew more than twice as many viewers than the 2 college semi final games and championship-----all 3 games combined.

College ball has a fractured fan base with far too many schools to keep up the national interest (or "passion") compared to the NFL.  It's great if you like it, but you are in the minority in this country.

12 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Not "care about" personally, but care about who is on the roster and how they are playing.  I think you knew what I meant.  It's why we are all here.

Contrast that to pretty much any college team that is not your alma mater.  I have no doubt it's fun routing for your college team as they play a team where you might be able to name 5 players on the opposing roster.  And any of the elite players will be gone after a year or two.  And they are all spoiled as well--at least compared to all the passionate student fans in the stands paying for their college experience.

The college playoffs are fun to watch, as was the "championship game".  But for most of the season, it's watching your team blow out some tomato cans and cupcakes. 

Anyway...passion?  The even with a 9% increase in viewers, the Georgia/Bama game drew less than half the viewers than last year's SB (even less than Fox's post SB show).

Last year's Cowboys/Packers playoff game drew more than twice as many viewers than the 2 college semi final games and championship-----all 3 games combined.

College ball has a fractured fan base with far too many schools to keep up the national interest (or "passion") compared to the NFL.  It's great if you like it, but you are in the minority in this country.

keep in mind I am a degenerate gambler, putting money on the games makes them a lot more interesting & imho college sports is way easier to handicap than professional sports in Football & especially basketball.  Throw some money down on the games & all of a sudden that Eastern Michigan/Kent State matchup on noon on a Saturday is must see TV:D

Edited by Gordio
  • Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Gordio said:

Sorry but the overall body of evidence of the past 16 years flat outs refutes this post.  No team in the history of sports has benefitted from poor calls as the Patriots have, it started with the fumble against the Raiders & continues with the blown whistle that was in error that cost the Jags the winning TD.  Spygate, tapes are destroyed, deflategate, they get a slap on the wrist.  I am not quite sure what the league's incentive is to make sure the Patriots are on top, who knows maybe Kraft has the negatives of Goodell & his gay lover in bed, but the evidence is overwhelming at this point. 

Except you can make the same case for all teams in the NFL.  Just like how all the Bills fans sit in the shout box screaming the NFL refs have a conspiracy against the Bills every single game and we get screwed by refs.  Its nonsense.  There is no conspiracy.

All great teams and players in all sports get more love with the refs, its the psychology of human nature.  Has nothing to do with decisions made inside the league office to make conscious effort to help one team.  

Not to mention, TEAMS make way more money being in the SB, so the owners aren't going to work against their own team by allowing the league to favor another.  So sorry, there is literally zero truth to any of this conspiracy nonsense.  

I get it, when you hate something as much as Bills fans hate the Patriots, it becomes more believable.  Just like during 9/11 when people kept saying they devils face was in the smoke from the collapse, or how Mother Teresa appeared on a grilled cheese...it becomes real to those who want to see and believe it even though its not.  

On 1/22/2018 at 2:28 PM, jaybee said:

I'll say it again to the cry-babies:

Tom Brady was the 199th pick in the 2000 draft. He sat the bench year 1 behind Drew Bledsoe. He was also injured and missed the 2008 season. He's been a starter for 16 NFL seasons. He's been in the super bowl 8 of those 16 seasons. His team has been behind by 10 or more points in the 4th qtr 7 times. The Patriots are 3-4 in those games. The rest of the NFL is 3-70 in those games.His main weapon Rob Gronkowski was out of yesterdays game. Julian Edelman has been out for the season. Yet again with a cast of no-name receivers he was 26 of 38 and 2 touchdowns. He's not a jerk either. Seems a nice guy, and very smart. Yea, he married a Victoria's secret super model but wouldnt you if you were Tom Brady ? You can hate the Patriots (and I do) but you just cannot ignore the greatness that is Tom Brady. Rather than root for him to be injured (like the poorly parented fans at TBD do), just enjoy the show. When your grand-child asks you what was Tom Brady like ? Will you say he was the best ever? Will you say he sucked but the refs made his career ? I wont. I'll tell that kid I was proud to watch the best QB ever in the history of the National Football League. For the 2 or 3 years this 40 year old man has left in his career I will admire his excellence and you should too. There will never be another like him. Rant over.

The "Best QB ever" doesn't do this:

On 1/22/2018 at 11:01 AM, row_33 said:

and 10% of the talent, it's sad watching almost all top NCAA teams run some kind of mickey-mouse-rag-tag-bush-league option game...

There's a simple reason for that: there are too many teams for the number of talented players available to play on them. Most football programs lose money but the colleges keep pursuing it regardless.

4 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Except you can make the same case for all teams in the NFL.  Just like how all the Bills fans sit in the shout box screaming the NFL refs have a conspiracy against the Bills every single game and we get screwed by refs.  Its nonsense.  There is no conspiracy.

All great teams and players in all sports get more love with the refs, its the psychology of human nature.  Has nothing to do with decisions made inside the league office to make conscious effort to help one team.  

Not to mention, TEAMS make way more money being in the SB, so the owners aren't going to work against their own team by allowing the league to favor another.  So sorry, there is literally zero truth to any of this conspiracy nonsense.  

I get it, when you hate something as much as Bills fans hate the Patriots, it becomes more believable.  Just like during 9/11 when people kept saying they devils face was in the smoke from the collapse, or how Mother Teresa appeared on a grilled cheese...it becomes real to those who want to see and believe it even though its not.  

Im not even gonna question yiur fanhood here, but it seems like you really dont watch Bills games when we play them. I cant even begin to list how many phantom calls or incosistent calls are made against us when we play them.

Not to also mention how many of their oppents and their fans are screaming the same exact thing we are. Pitsburgh, Ny Jets, Jax this year alone there have been strange calls made in their favor, but never against them when it matters.

1 hour ago, cba fan said:

Refs showing Pats favoritism is like global warming.

We have clear and conclusive proof it is happening....we just do not know the cause.

I do not think it is a conspiracy but they get favoritism for some reason.

We don’t know the cause?  I think it’s aliens. 

13 minutes ago, jtothebrown said:

Im not even gonna question yiur fanhood here, but it seems like you really dont watch Bills games when we play them. I cant even begin to list how many phantom calls or incosistent calls are made against us when we play them.

Not to also mention how many of their oppents and their fans are screaming the same exact thing we are. Pitsburgh, Ny Jets, Jax this year alone there have been strange calls made in their favor, but never against them when it matters.

Do you watch football thats not Bills games too?  It happens in every single game on every single Sunday for every single team.  Fans always feel the refs are getting the calls wrong on close judgement calls that don't go in favor of the team they are rooting for.  Fans point out penalties/fouls in every game of every sport they feel were not called but should have been called in favor of their team.  The perspective of the fan is always biased and people use those biased things as excuses to why that other team won or continues to win.  People would rather blame cheating or a conspiracy than admit how great or talented the rival player or team is, thats human nature and understandable.  

Guess what you dont see on TSW...threads about Calls that go in the FAVOR of the Bills that SHOULDNT have.  And they happen all the time every year for the Bills too.  People only piss and moan about calls they dont think should go against them or were not called but they feel could have been.  

I have never watched a game with a fan of any other team that didn't also complain the whole game about "calls" going in the favor of the other team.  If your entire base of your argument is watching the Bills play the Pats, then you are way to biased to even give an honest assessment of the game.  And of course fans of other teams complain when their team loses to the Pats too and for all the same reasons.  I have a couple of close friends who are big Pats fans and they complain about the refs too.  They feel Gronk has PI committed against him all the time...very much how Laker fans (and Shaq) felt Shaq was fouled just about every time he touched the ball, because they are so much bigger than the guys covering them so its more physical.

Great teams and players get more favorable calls in every single sport because of the psychology of human nature.  Rookies get the least respect from refs and officials in every sport for the same reasons.  

ITS NOT A LEAGUE CONSPIRACY in anyway, shape, or form.  Doesn't mean they get calls that others might not get as consistent, but that has to do with the clout winning and elite plays and literally ZERO to do with influence from inside the league.  The other owners don't want the Pats to keep winning anymore than we do, and they run the NFL, not Goodell.

Edited by Alphadawg7

On 1/22/2018 at 10:38 AM, Buffalo716 said:

The NFL has been fixed the same way for 20 years... through The officiating 

they then installed instant replay to clean up the game... now they don't even care about that and are blatantly changing calls all the time without proof 

i prefer college ball

The technology exists to detect what happened on a play to a far greater degree of accuracy than any group of human referees can ever hope to achieve. If the NFL put sensors on the ball, the players and embedded in the field most calls could be made automatically by a bank of redundant, dispassionate computers that independently funnel all that collected data into a decision tree based on the NFL rule book and the decision that the majority of the computers agree on would be the call. The referees would just exist as a backup in the case of technical problems and a sanity check on the computed call.

Each computer's software could be implemented differently so that hacking enough of them to influence the majority decision would be a lot harder to pull off.

46 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Do you watch football thats not Bills games too?  It happens in every single game on every single Sunday for every single team.  Fans always feel the refs are getting the calls wrong on close judgement calls that don't go in favor of the team they are rooting for.  Fans point out penalties/fouls in every game of every sport they feel were not called but should have been called in favor of their team.  The perspective of the fan is always biased and people use those biased things as excuses to why that other team won or continues to win.  People would rather blame cheating or a conspiracy than admit how great or talented the rival player or team is, thats human nature and understandable.  

Guess what you dont see on TSW...threads about Calls that go in the FAVOR of the Bills that SHOULDNT have.  And they happen all the time every year for the Bills too.  People only piss and moan about calls they dont think should go against them or were not called but they feel could have been.  

I have never watched a game with a fan of any other team that didn't also complain the whole game about "calls" going in the favor of the other team.  If your entire base of your argument is watching the Bills play the Pats, then you are way to biased to even give an honest assessment of the game.  And of course fans of other teams complain when their team loses to the Pats too and for all the same reasons.  I have a couple of close friends who are big Pats fans and they complain about the refs too.  They feel Gronk has PI committed against him all the time...very much how Laker fans (and Shaq) felt Shaq was fouled just about every time he touched the ball, because they are so much bigger than the guys covering them so its more physical.

Great teams and players get more favorable calls in every single sport because of the psychology of human nature.  Rookies get the least respect from refs and officials in every sport for the same reasons.  

ITS NOT A LEAGUE CONSPIRACY in anyway, shape, or form.  Doesn't mean they get calls that others might not get as consistent, but that has to do with the clout winning and elite plays and literally ZERO to do with influence from inside the league.  The other owners don't want the Pats to keep winning anymore than we do, and they run the NFL, not Goodell.

Why did Goodell  have the tapes destroyed after spygate, what possible explanation do you have for that?

• Thank you (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Gordio said:

Why did Goodell  have the tapes destroyed after spygate, what possible explanation do you have for that?

First of all, that was a LONG time ago and has nothing to do with the claims about ref influence to intentionally aid the Patriots being proposed by you and others in this thread (as well as other threads)

Second, the League is always going to do everything they can to protect the integrity of the game.  Destroying the tapes is NOT in any way the same thing as the league making a conscious effort of RIGGING things to help the Patriots.  If you cant understand the difference, then there isn't much left to discuss.  

Third...why even bring that up, WHO CARES if the tapes were destroyed.  The League penalized the Patriots and Spygate was handled at the MAX PENALTY under the rules.  BB got fined the largest fine in the history of the league, $500K, which is also the MAX fine allowed under the rules.  The Patriots got the largest team fine in history with $250,000 and stripped of their FIRST round pick.  

So sorry your mentioning of Spygate is complete nonsense.  Not only did the league NOT let them off the hook, they enforced the max penalties allowed under the league rules and the most severe penalties in the history of the NFL up to that point.  

So tell me again how Spygate proves the NFL is rigging games for the Patriots?  LMAO

Hey, are they hiring over there at NFL Headquaters?

19 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

First of all, that was a LONG time ago and has nothing to do with the claims about ref influence to intentionally aid the Patriots being proposed by you and others in this thread (as well as other threads)

Second, the League is always going to do everything they can to protect the integrity of the game.  Destroying the tapes is NOT in any way the same thing as the league making a conscious effort of RIGGING things to help the Patriots.  If you cant understand the difference, then there isn't much left to discuss.  

Third...why even bring that up, WHO CARES if the tapes were destroyed.  The League penalized the Patriots and Spygate was handled at the MAX PENALTY under the rules.  BB got fined the largest fine in the history of the league, $500K, which is also the MAX fine allowed under the rules.  The Patriots got the largest team fine in history with $250,000 and stripped of their FIRST round pick.  

So sorry your mentioning of Spygate is complete nonsense.  Not only did the league NOT let them off the hook, they enforced the max penalties allowed under the league rules and the most severe penalties in the history of the NFL up to that point.  

So tell me again how Spygate proves the NFL is rigging games for the Patriots?  LMAO

You have gotta be a Patriots fan! 

Your trurly identifying yourself with each and every new post.

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, jtothebrown said:

Hey, are they hiring over there at NFL Headquaters?

You have gotta be a Patriots fan! 

Your trurly identifying yourself with each and every new post.

So let me get this straight...because I choose to look at the topic with logic and reason by removing any biased views from being a Bills fan and look at the topic objectively that makes me a Pats fan?  HAHAHAHA what a ridiculous thing to say.  

I guess you are only a Bills fan if you think Goodell, under the instruction from the other 31 team owners, is commanding the referees to cheat on behalf of the Patriots in an effort to MAYBE get a MINOR boost in ratings in ONE game and are willing to risk having the NFL, a league worth around $100 Billion dollars, fail to do so.    Nevermind the average value of each team is now worth $2.3 Billion and each of those 31 owners risk personally losing billions by screwing with the integrity of the league so ANOTHER TEAM that they DONT own can win more and make more money over all the other 31 teams.

#Priceless

I got some magic beans and tin foil hats to sell you when you are ready.

Edited by Alphadawg7

31 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

So let me get this straight...because I choose to look at the topic with logic and reason by removing any biased views from being a Bills fan and look at the topic objectively that makes me a Pats fan?  HAHAHAHA what a ridiculous thing to say.  

I guess you are only a Bills fan if you think Goodell, under the instruction from the other 31 team owners, is commanding the referees to cheat on behalf of the Patriots in an effort to MAYBE get a MINOR boost in ratings in ONE game and are willing to risk having the NFL, a league worth around $100 Billion dollars, fail to do so.    Nevermind the average value of each team is now worth $2.3 Billion and each of those 31 owners risk personally losing billions by screwing with the integrity of the league so ANOTHER TEAM that they DONT own can win more and make more money over all the other 31 teams.

#Priceless

I got some magic beans and tin foil hats to sell you when you are ready.

Its happening already for this very reason! 

Thats why i truly feel this will be the last year for them and their SB runs.

At least i hope im right!