When will an owner speak out against this blatant favoritism for the *Patriots

jtothebrown

2 hours ago, John in Jax said:

I've often wondered why the other owners would put up with one or two franchises getting so much favoritism. Makes no sense.

Why do you think deflategate the response was soo strong. Owners jealous or that despised NE used that as their chance to hit them at the time.

10 minutes ago, xsoldier54 said:

So you actually believe that the Patriots committed zero penalties on either offense or defense the entire game.  I think you're the one that needs the tinfoil hat.

Where did I say that I believe there were no missed calls  ?   Every game has missed calls because the refs are human .  The tinfoil hat is for those people who stupidly believe that there is a massive conspiracy with the implicit agreement of 31 team owners and the officiating organization to prop up the Patriots . 

Per the NFL, the Patriots' one penalty is the fewest in a playoff game since 2011, when the Patriots were called for one in a victory over Baltimore.

That's why Bouye was particularly upset at what he said he saw Amendola do.

"I'm going to defend my teammates," Bouye said. "You all see it on TV, the one where Amendola head-butted Gip. Right after the whistle was blown. Right in front of them. I'm just asking how you going to let them do that?

3 hours ago, jtothebrown said:

Its obvious that the NFL aka National Football Entertainment has their heal  that everyone loves to hate just like the wwe.

There were reports of players from other teams reaching out to certain Jags players after the game to rant about blatant no calls and questionable calls made in favour of the Pats.

My question is when will an owner speak out against this blatant favourtism for this team?

My answer is.... they wont because they are getting paid no matter what! The NFL is just sports entertainment, its liscensed as such, same as the WWE.

Time to tune out to anything NFL unless its Bills related!

Better question...when will all the conspiracy theories stop?  

I find it funny that people think the NFL, which ALL teams have a vote in, is risking BILLIONS AND BILLIONS of dollars to rig the game for one team.  The league is dead if it comes out.  

Yes, Pats and Brady get calls in their favor...but so do all teams.  We fixate on the Pats because everyone hates them so much.  But truth is, it happens every Sunday in every game.  People should be making the same claims about Jordan too, he used to get every ticky tack call and phantoms calls all the time.  And he had a sports gambling addiction, so where is all the scandal of cheating or rigging around him?  Oh yeah, it stopped after he retired because it happened around him outside Chicago by all fans who hated him dominating them too.  

Not to mention, the commissioner went hard core after Brady over 2 years, so its pretty clear they aren't favoring them.  They could have let it go so many times along the way, but didn't.  

I guess its easier for some to accept how good they are by just assuming every action is cheating or rigged.  But BB and Brady are the best NFL duo ever, and probably the best Coach/Player duo in any sport all time.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

[This is an automated response]As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A better title will help the community find information faster and make your topic more likely to be read. The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.Thank you.

15 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

That worked out well for them

Haha yea. From the people I read like Peter King, Clayton, and other major insiders what I can put together is there is about a good 8-12 owners just straight up jealous of NE or hate them and the moment they had anything they they could throw at them they did. Personally all it seemed to me to do was reinvigorate NE which was the last thing I wanted and also expanded the leagues power to an unhealthy point that could hurt other teams in the future.

2 hours ago, jaybee said:

I'll say it again to the cry-babies:

Tom Brady was the 199th pick in the 2000 draft. He sat the bench year 1 behind Drew Bledsoe. He was also injured and missed the 2008 season. He's been a starter for 16 NFL seasons. He's been in the super bowl 8 of those 16 seasons. His team has been behind by 10 or more points in the 4th qtr 7 times. The Patriots are 3-4 in those games. The rest of the NFL is 3-70 in those games.His main weapon Rob Gronkowski was out of yesterdays game. Julian Edelman has been out for the season. Yet again with a cast of no-name receivers he was 26 of 38 and 2 touchdowns. He's not a jerk either. Seems a nice guy, and very smart. Yea, he married a Victoria's secret super model but wouldnt you if you were Tom Brady ? You can hate the Patriots (and I do) but you just cannot ignore the greatness that is Tom Brady. Rather than root for him to be injured (like the poorly parented fans at TBD do), just enjoy the show. When your grand-child asks you what was Tom Brady like ? Will you say he was the best ever? Will you say he sucked but the refs made his career ? I wont. I'll tell that kid I was proud to watch the best QB ever in the history of the National Football League. For the 2 or 3 years this 40 year old man has left in his career I will admire his excellence and you should too. There will never be another like him. Rant over.

I see you're getting flamed for this but I agree 100% with what you're saying here.   He is the best that's ever done it.  I enjoy disliking him as a Bills fan, but I also appreciate how good he is at what he does.  Just a bad draw that he gets to do it against my team twice a year.

I'm looking forward to whoever is the next best thing in 10-15 years. Gotta be someone who wins a ring or two young to stack up 4-5 rings, hopefully while also being undefeated in the SB and breaking all of Manning's career and single-season records in the process.

If a new team could 3 peat in the process that would help a lot as well. Let's have it be the Bills, if possible. IS this all asking too much?

2 hours ago, jtothebrown said:

Per the NFL, the Patriots' one penalty is the fewest in a playoff game since 2011, when the Patriots were called for one in a victory over Baltimore.

That's why Bouye was particularly upset at what he said he saw Amendola do.

"I'm going to defend my teammates," Bouye said. "You all see it on TV, the one where Amendola head-butted Gip. Right after the whistle was blown. Right in front of them. I'm just asking how you going to let them do that?

NE is always near the top in fewest penalties. It's a reflection of great coaching, super discipline, and intelligent players.

How about the punch to James White's head after his TD? I don't recall a flag for that?

Again, the refs only called the blatant violations. This was one of the best officiated games of the entire season. If Bouye and his mates wore different jerseys, he would be boasting what great plays they were. 

Complaining about the refs is what the loser mentality does to you. (Players, I mean. Not YOU).

If the refs called all the tacky-tack fouls, the Jags would have had 200 yards in penalties and the game would have been a blowout in the Pats' favor.

14 minutes ago, ricko1112 said:

NE is always near the top in fewest penalties. It's a reflection of great coaching, super discipline, and intelligent players.

How about the punch to James White's head after his TD? I don't recall a flag for that?

Again, the refs only called the blatant violations. This was one of the best officiated games of the entire season. If Bouye and his mates wore different jerseys, he would be boasting what great plays they were. 

Complaining about the refs is what the loser mentality does to you. (Players, I mean. Not YOU).

If the refs called all the tacky-tack fouls, the Jags would have had 200 yards in penalties and the game would have been a blowout in the Pats' favor.

Again!  There were BLATANT holds in this game that weren't called.  1 penalty and none on the offense or defense.  That is statistically significantly outrageous.  That you can't see that makes me think you might be a cheats fan.

Also that you're from Maine.  I smell a cheater.  

Edited by HamSandwhich

it is hard to believe in a sport as competitive as the NFL with all the parity measures in place that one team can be this dominant this long without some kind of illicit advantage. Sooner or later this will become a credibility problem for the league

Edited by stuvian

5 hours ago, jaybee said:

Tom Brady was the 199th pick in the 2000 draft. He sat the bench year 1 behind Drew Bledsoe. He was also injured and missed the 2008 season. He's been a starter for 16 NFL seasons. He's been in the super bowl 8 of those 16 seasons. His team has been behind by 10 or more points in the 4th qtr 7 times. The Patriots are 3-4 in those games. The rest of the NFL is 3-70 in those games.His main weapon Rob Gronkowski was out of yesterdays game. Julian Edelman has been out for the season. Yet again with a cast of no-name receivers he was 26 of 38 and 2 touchdowns. He's not a jerk either. Seems a nice guy, and very smart. Yea, he married a Victoria's secret super model but wouldnt you if you were Tom Brady ? You can hate the Patriots (and I do) but you just cannot ignore the greatness that is Tom Brady. Rather than root for him to be injured (like the poorly parented fans at TBD do), just enjoy the show. When your grand-child asks you what was Tom Brady like ? Will you say he was the best ever? Will you say he sucked but the refs made his career ? I wont. I'll tell that kid I was proud to watch the best QB ever in the history of the National Football League. For the 2 or 3 years this 40 year old man has left in his career I will admire his excellence and you should too. There will never be another like him. Rant over.

I still think Montana is better than Brady.

• Like (+1) 2

It will stop when Brady and Belichick retire...we've known this for years now.....until then, the AFC is a NE world and we're just living in it....

Having said that, I think the Eagles will beat them in 2 weeks....they looked unstoppable yesterday....even B+BB won't be able to stop that machine....at least, I hope so.... 

18 minutes ago, stuvian said:

it is hard to believe in a sport as competitive as the NFL with all the parity measures in place that one team can be this dominant this long without some kind of illicit advantage. Sooner or later this will become a credibility problem for the league

Yankees, Celtics, Montreal Canadiens.....it's happened before...I do agree that if you look at what spot NE has been drafting for 17 years....and doing it on a 1st place schedule ( granted, the AFCE is generally a disaster ) year in and year out, their run gives the middle finger to the idea of " parity " .....

32 minutes ago, HamSandwhich said:

Again!  There were BLATANT holds in this game that weren't called.  1 penalty and none on the offense or defense.  That is statistically significantly outrageous.  That you can't see that makes me think you might be a cheats fan.

Also that you're from Maine.  I smell a cheater.  

I've been a Pats fan since Grogan. 

I haven't heard a single Jags player complain about being held by the o-line or any PI. All the interviews I've heard and read it's always, "I can't believe only 1 penalty." Bouye complained about Dola hitting someone in the head. That's it. You only mention those "holds" because you don't like the Pats. If it had been the other way around you would have called it "great blocking."

The only thing that the Jags can legitimately can complain about was the whistle on the Lewis fumble. However, as many shows have pointed out, it didn't look like the refs even knew the Jags had the ball.

Still harping on the cheating fantasies too, huh? I guess you still believe in the Tooth Fairy too? That's all I'll say about that since this is a Bill's MB. 

35 minutes ago, ricko1112 said:

I haven't heard a single Jags player complain about being held by the o-line or any PI. All the interviews I've heard and read it's always, "I can't believe only 1 penalty." Bouye complained about Dola hitting someone in the head. That's it. You only mention those "holds" because you don't like the Pats. If it had been the other way around you would have called it "great blocking."

The only thing that the Jags can legitimately can complain about was the whistle on the Lewis fumble. However, as many shows have pointed out, it didn't look like the refs even knew the Jags had the ball.

Still harping on the cheating fantasies too, huh? I guess you still believe in the Tooth Fairy too? That's all I'll say about that since this is a Bill's 

Just now, jtothebrown said:
36 minutes ago, ricko1112 said:

Still harping on the cheating fantasies too, huh? I guess you still believe in the Tooth Fairy too? That's all I'll say about that since this is a Bill's 

Why are you here? We dont have any useful info for you.

Come back in September! 

7 hours ago, jaybee said:

Umm, horseshite.

12 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

The NFL has been fixed the same way for 20 years... through The officiating 

they then installed instant replay to clean up the game... now they don't even care about that and are blatantly changing calls all the time without proof 

i prefer college ball

Wait a minute!   Maybe we need more discussions about how college football is fixed. Alabama surprisingly picked for the playoffs over Ohio St and then win the title.  Are Alabama and Nick Saban becoming the New England and Belichick of college football?  Some people love them, some hate them