When will an owner speak out against this blatant favoritism for the *Patriots

jtothebrown

Its obvious that the NFL aka National Football Entertainment has their heal  that everyone loves to hate just like the wwe.

There were reports of players from other teams reaching out to certain Jags players after the game to rant about blatant no calls and questionable calls made in favour of the Pats.

My question is when will an owner speak out against this blatant favourtism for this team?

My answer is.... they wont because they are getting paid no matter what! The NFL is just sports entertainment, its liscensed as such, same as the WWE.

Time to tune out to anything NFL unless its Bills related!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The NFL has been fixed the same way for 20 years... through The officiating 

they then installed instant replay to clean up the game... now they don't even care about that and are blatantly changing calls all the time without proof 

i prefer college ball

• Like (+1) 2

The calls made against Jacksonville were correct in every case (heck the fumble could have been overturned imo)........

The issue however is non-calls.  There were very few replays of close calls (outside the 4th down play by Gilmore, which was not a penalty).  

There were a # of plays where calls could have been made and yes never seen a Pat get a holding call......

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

The calls made against Jacksonville were correct in every case (heck the fumble could have been overturned imo)........

The issue however is non-calls.  There were very few replays of close calls (outside the 4th down play by Gilmore, which was not a penalty).  

There were a # of plays where calls could have been made and yes never seen a Pat get a holding call......

well we will get to maybe see clear evidence of that this game because they are going to have to hold fletcher cox. they will move him around that line so much it's not just gonna be solder and maybe some help. if there's ever a display of non-calls on holding it will be clearly evident in this game.

The owners ARE the NFL. Why would the owners punish themselves? For some reason, they perceive what they do as the best way to increase income generation.

We complain about Roger Goodell, but he is the go-between somewhere between the fans, the players union and the owners. He walks a slippery slope, as he tries to maximize popularity, increase revenue and appease the players union. Somewhere since Pete Rozell and before Roger Goodell, the owners lost touch with the golden goose, which is the fans. Free agency contributed to that. Then, exorbitant broadcasting contracts made them subservient to the networks. Lately, its become global expansion through corporate sponsorship.

In the end, the fans' piece of the pie has become smaller and smaller. Its funny how greed blinds even great innovators. The golden goose has become so precariously small in the NFL's overall scheme, that they've completely lost tough with what got them to the dance. If the owners don't wise-up soon and see the errors in their ways, I can see a combination of the player's salaries and head injuries bankrupting a once glorious sport. All due to mismanagement and greed.

19 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

The NFL has been fixed the same way for 20 years... through The officiating 

they then installed instant replay to clean up the game... now they don't even care about that and are blatantly changing calls all the time without proof 

i prefer college ball

LOL

I think college is way worse.  Conference officials (except the Big Ten for some reason) go into "protect our playoff teams" mode in late October.  If you think the Pats get calls, watch a SEC officiated Bama game.  Conferences bend over backwards to put their one or two playoff hopeful teams in a favorable light, a committee arbitrarily decides the 4 best teams based upon completely unbalanced schedules and half the teams are immediately disqualified from winning the title due to conference affiliation.

7 minutes ago, clayboy54 said:

The owners ARE the NFL. Why would the owners punish themselves? For some reason, they perceive what they do as the best way to increase income generation.

We complain about Roger Goodell, but he is the go-between somewhere between the fans, the players union and the owners. He walks a slippery slope, as he tries to maximize popularity, increase revenue and appease the players union. Somewhere since Pete Rozell and before Roger Goodell, the owners lost touch with the golden goose, which is the fans. Free agency contributed to that. Then, exorbitant broadcasting contracts made them subservient to the networks. Lately, its become global expansion through corporate sponsorship.

In the end, the fans' piece of the pie has become smaller and smaller. Its funny how greed blinds even great innovators. The golden goose has become so precariously small in the NFL's overall scheme, that they've completely lost tough with what got them to the dance. If the owners don't wise-up soon and see the errors in their ways, I can see a combination of the player's salaries and head injuries bankrupting a once glorious sport. All due to mismanagement and greed.

i've been hearing the same old men tell me the NFL will gets its comeuppance with the next TV contract, every frigging year since 1973....

6 minutes ago, jtothebrown said:

Theres always a Patriots message board for ya! Im sure your on their pretty often.

Ahh what a cerebral response .  What grade are you in ? 2nd?  I also see that you have been on this board all of one month .  Kudos to you for such low quality contributions to the Bills discussion 

5 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

LOL

I think college is way worse.  Conference officials (except the Big Ten for some reason) go into "protect our playoff teams" mode in late October.  If you think the Pats get calls, watch a SEC officiated Bama game.  Conferences bend over backwards to put their one or two playoff hopeful teams in a favorable light, a committee arbitrarily decides the 4 best teams based upon completely unbalanced schedules and half the teams are immediately disqualified from winning the title due to conference affiliation.

I watch tons of college football. Officials didn't protect Bama from Auburn in November.

officials aren't perfect... but college ball is played with much more passion and fire

2 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

Ahh what a cerebral response .  What grade are you in ? 2nd?  I also see that you have been on this board all of one month .  Kudos to you for such low quality contributions to the Bills discussion 

Im not trying to argue with you bro! Please stay on this board and continue to contribute.

I have my views just like you, we disagree and thats ok. No need to throw insults though.

Im sorry for speaking the truth about your beloved Patriots bro!

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I watch tons of college football. Officials didn't protect Bama from Auburn in November.

officials aren't perfect... but college ball is played with much more passion and fire

and 10% of the talent, it's sad watching almost all top NCAA teams run some kind of mickey-mouse-rag-tag-bush-league option game...

5 minutes ago, jtothebrown said:

Im not trying to argue with you bro! Please stay on this board and continue to contribute.

I have my views just like you, we disagree and thats ok. No need to throw insults though.

Im sorry for speaking the truth about your beloved Patriots bro!

Unintelligible gibberish in most of your whopping 34 posts. Off to a great start here...