Deep dive into Jags 4th qtr play calling in AFC Championship (Yikes)

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, Big C said:

Wow, very in depth, but as a Bills fan those playcalls were quite familiar. Everyone I was with was yelling about the 1st and 2nd down runs leading to 3rd and 8. 

Same. I was impressed with the first half play (and attitude) they showed but I figured the fetal position play calling and punting was coming and it did. They really could have won that game, but coaches were scared, timid when it mattered  

Edited by YoloinOhio

Foles is a backup but he also has a ton of playing experience and seems to really be clicking in that offense.

Also, the vibe around the Eagles is amazing. Wentz is Foles' biggest cheerleader. Those guys are dialed in.

Unlike the Jaguars, the Eagles have an innovative and top scoring offense to go with their D. Jacksonville has that yesterday and that game isn't even close. Like the Jaguars, the Eagles pressure with 4 and get there a lot. The Eagles are so deep on offense it's crazy.

When it's time to pound the rock they have an amazing OL and Blount and Ajayi

4 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Foles is a backup but he also has a ton of playing experience and seems to really be clicking in that offense.

Also, the vibe around the Eagles is amazing. Wentz is Foles' biggest cheerleader. Those guys are dialed in.

Unlike the Jaguars, the Eagles have an innovative and top scoring offense to go with their D. Jacksonville has that yesterday and that game isn't even close. Like the Jaguars, the Eagles pressure with 4 and get there a lot. The Eagles are so deep on offense it's crazy.

When it's time to pound the rock they have an amazing OL and Blount and Ajayi

Who the Pats did not want to bring back after 1000+ yards and 18 TDs last year  and replaced with Gillislee. Did he even play yesterday? No stats in the box score. Anyway, I’m sure Blount wants a revenge game on the biggest stage.

1 minute ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Yolo, the font and background color makes your original post unreadable. Any other way to post that?

No, but you can search Warren Sharp on twitter. It’s a thread he posted today around 10am EST. 

I dont know why copied links from twitter shows up that way on some devices and not others. Out of curiosity what device are you viewing it on?

Edited by YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

No, but you can search Warren Sharp on twitter. It’s a thread he posted today around 10am EST. 

I dont know why copied links from twitter shows up that way on some devices and not others. Out of curiosity what device are you viewing it on?

I don't tweet. 

And I am reading from an Android tablet. 

Just now, Big C said:

What are you seeing?

Black font on dark blue background

Just now, Fan in Chicago said:

I don't tweet. 

Hmmm could be because I’m on an iPhone but not techie enough to know. :( Even though you don’t tweet you can go to twitter.com and search on warren sharp. Don’t need a twitter profile. Sorry I couldn’t help more. 

1 minute ago, Fan in Chicago said:

I don't tweet. 

Black font on dark blue background

You can still use twitter without tweeting yourself. I have found it is useful for football stuff.

When I load the page initially I get that black on blue too - on both my PC and my tablet - but eventually it clears up. Are you giving it time to load and it still isn't working?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Hmmm could be because I’m on an iPhone but not techie enough to know. :( Even though you don’t tweet you can go to twitter.com and search on warren sharp. Don’t need a twitter profile. Sorry I couldn’t help more. 

That's okay, Yolo. I am not a techie either. 

8 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Yeh, solid analysis. I watched the first half in awe of how much Hackett's playcalling and situational awareness had improved, then the second half wore on and I said to myself 'yep, that's the OC I remember.'

Guessing it was HEAVILY influenced by Dougy.

Hacketts offense is so predictable.  First down is always that exaggerated handoff from the shotgun with very little gain.  He throws away first down every series.  Truly hated his playcalling when he was in Buffalo and see that he hasn't changed at all.  So happy he's gone. 

Just now, Big C said:

You can still use twitter without tweeting yourself. I have found it is useful for football stuff.

When I load the page initially I get that black on blue too - on both my PC and my tablet - but eventually it clears up. Are you giving it time to load and it still isn't working?

Yup. Tried re-loading but didn't help.

Last year my office changed to an open office style (which I hate as much as I hate the Pat's**) and hence began doing my web activities in the tablet instead of my PC.