[POLL] Are you going to watch the Super Bowl?

You gonna watch?  

259 members have voted

1. 1. Will you actually watch the Super Bowl?

• Yes, I always do regardless of who is in it
    • Yes, I am a Patriots* fan
    • Yes, I am an Eagles fan
    • Yes, for the commercials
    • Yes, for the half-time show
    • Kinda - going to a party where it will be on
    • I dunno. Maybe.
    • NFW!

1 hour ago, Moose said:

Hello, Jay - how are you doing? I've only recently taken the time to drop by TBD. It's good to be back, but I'm dismayed that there are so many Patsie fans that hang out here. What is their problem? It's as if they need to come here and engage in order to convince themselves that their team is as wonderful as they like to think it is. 

Was thrilled to see you back!  Did you see our 20-year birthday thread?

I think Pats* fans know the end of their run is near with both coordinators probably leaving, Tommy Boy continuing to age, and whatever rift might exists with coaching/ownership due to his "fitness" guru.

Why would anyone here NOT watch it? You spend 4 months of your life hoping that the bills will be good enough to share that stage and then when the season finale of the NFL is on, you refuse? Makes nonsense to me. Yes, I hate the Patriots as much as anyone here, but I'll still watch and enjoy an entertaining(hopefully) game 

1 hour ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

Was thrilled to see you back!  Did you see our 20-year birthday thread?

I think Pats* fans know the end of their run is near with both coordinators probably leaving, Tommy Boy continuing to age, and whatever rift might exists with coaching/ownership due to his "fitness" guru.

I haven't had a chance to look at the 20-year birthday thread yet, but will go through the whole thing when I get home from work. On a related note, do you remember Gregg D'Ville (or something close to that spelling)? He was from the old HyperBills days and definitely made the transition to TBD... but he seems to have vanished in recent years. Also, I've been trying to find Chris White from Wisconsin, too. Hopefully they're both alive and well and just too busy to post...

On 1/24/2018 at 1:06 PM, SaviorPeterman said:

Of course I am.

Not a pats fan but it will certainly be a sight to behold when Brady and Hoodie hoist their 6th Lombardi trophy and start fitting rings on their other hands because of all the ones they have already.

We are truly privy to something special and will never see something like this again in the NFL or any pro sports league in our lifetimes.

I agree, the ability to cheat and be well respected is an amazing feat. 

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't watch a bit, all I saw at one point was playing on Snapchat trying to find a filter and it showed the score. And then a couple other snaps my friend sent me of them out doing **** where I saw the score. And the only reason I know who won is because I saw it in the NFL alert

On 1/26/2018 at 10:33 AM, Moose said:

Hello, Jay - how are you doing? I've only recently taken the time to drop by TBD. It's good to be back, but I'm dismayed that there are so many Patsie fans that hang out here. What is their problem? It's as if they need to come here and engage in order to convince themselves that their team is as wonderful as they like to think it is. 

Some of the mods encourage it; I think they think is the football version of SPCA. 

Notice not one person identified in poll being a Pats* fan; I guess they are ashamed of it.

Didn't see a play in real time.

Watched Saturday Night Live from the previous evening.  Then went grocery shopping.  Then went back to the beginning and fast-forwarded through the game to get to the commercials.  Watched some of halftime.  Then my wife chimed in with "wow there are 13 seconds left and Eagles are up by 8".  So I fast-forwarded it to the last 3 minutes and watched that to see the Ertz TD, Sack/Fumble, FG, and hail mary failure.

That was actually a pretty good way to experience it I thought.