Remind Me - Why Didn't We Make a Run at Nick Foles?

5 years, $27.5 million with certain incentives and "escalators" that could add another $11 million.  So if he performs well, the top end is 38.5 million. And if he performs poorly, it is essentially voidable by the Eagles after 2 years.

Tyrod: 2 years, $30.5 million.

And he is obviously a better fit for the Dennison offense than Tyrod was. For those of you who'd say, "where we you when he was a free agent" - I was right here, suggesting that Foles was far and away the best "bridge" QB free agent out there ....

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Real McCoy said:

I could be alright with Foles as a Bridge if we draft a 1st rd QB in this years draft.

Problem is, it's too late now. The Eagles have him for certain for at least one more year, and with Wentz's recovery timetable uncertain, no way he's going anywhere. It just kills me to watch a team with a better backup than our starter.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Rams gave it a shot and we saw how well that turned out. That 7 touchdown extravaganza is long gone, even with as well as he is playing today. 

But ... better than Tyrod? Check. Cheaper than Tyrod? Check. Better fit for the 2017 offensive scheme than Tyrod? Check.

EDIT: This is not the "I love Nick Foles" thread. I just think we missed an opportunity for a reasonably priced upgrade. And I am legitimately puzzled as to why we never even heard of any Bills' interest in Foles last offseason.

Edited by The Frankish Reich
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

Nick Foles played like crap other than his one great year under Chip Kelly and he contemplated retirement.  He's in a great offense with excellent personnel at WR, TE, and RB. 

Would Tyrod, even in your wildest dreams, have played this strong a half against the best defense in the NFL? You're in the "don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good" territory here ...

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Nick Foles played like crap other than his one great year under Chip Kelly and he contemplated retirement.  He's in a great offense with excellent personnel at WR, TE, and RB. 

That throw. Wow. 

Not sure what is excellent outside of Ertz. 

2 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Would Tyrod, even in your wildest dreams, have played this strong a half against the best defense in the NFL? You're in the "don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good" territory here ...

I have no idea how he'd play under Pederson/Reich with the Eagles' personnel. 

1 minute ago, Commonsense said:

That throw. Wow. 

Not sure what is excellent outside of Ertz. 

Obviously you aren't. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz