Remind Me - Why Didn't We Make a Run at Nick Foles?

36 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Bills fans sure do love them some mediocre QBs. Some of you want to sign every backup QB in the league.

Nahh Bang, It's a QB league and the Bills don't have one. All avenues must be explored. 

He was the NFC championship game MVP. If he somehow pulls a similar performance off in the Super Bowl he 100% deserves a look from our team.

Edited by Real McCoy
  • Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

He would ensure we have a solid bridge with upside if we decide to go with a late 1st rd project QB in this years draft. 

He has no upside. He is what he is. He’s just

not that good but is fortunate enough to be in the right situation. I can all but guarantee that the people complaining we didn’t go after him will be the first ones complaining when they have to actually watch him play full time.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Bangarang said:

And Nick Foles would mean we’d finally have one?

He’s AN option in an offseason of QBs similar to foles.  QBs not included in that group imo would be Darnold and Rosen.  Some might include mayfield and Allen.  All 4 will likely be drafted before we pick.  It’s hard to put all your eggs into landing one of those guys (IF we even like them).  It’s a tricky offseason regarding QBs.  Lots of options, but only a few really high upside options.  

Oh, I remember now. Nick Foles said his heart wasn't really in it after the Rams fiasco. Talked about retirement. We couldn't have had a loser like that quarterbacking the Bills ... not when our Inspirational Leader, Field General Tyrod was willing to renegotiate ... Funny, Foles seems to be pretty cool under pressure and actually to be having fun playing in the Super Bowl.

2 hours ago, Bangarang said:

He has no upside. He is what he is. He’s just

not that good but is fortunate enough to be in the right situation. I can all but guarantee that the people complaining we didn’t go after him will be the first ones complaining when they have to actually watch him play full time.

You changed my mind. SMH

Care to change your mind yet?

1 minute ago, Real McCoy said:

You changed my mind. SMH

Care to change your mind yet?

These people are afraid to admit they were wrong. Foles is a damn good QB!  No, I wouldn't put him in the Top 10 (yet), but look at what we've seen in the playoffs: (1) great vision, ability to find the open receiver (compare our career mediocrity, Tyrod); (2) superb on timing routes; runs that RPO as well as anyone; (3) one of the most accurate passers in the NFL. Yes, in the NFL period. Just look at that 27 TD/2 INT season, as well as how he's threaded the needle tonight; (4) very nice long ball.  Is he Brady/Rodgers? No. Is he Wentz? Different, but maybe as good. No one can deny that the Eagles haven't missed a beat.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 1/21/2018 at 7:22 PM, 26CornerBlitz said:

Nick Foles played like crap other than his one great year under Chip Kelly and he contemplated retirement.  He's in a great offense with excellent personnel at WR, TE, and RB. 

I like how a QB can’t resurrect his career or end up being good because he had a bad couple of years.

• Thank you (+1) 1