Sign in to follow this  
BUFFALOBART

ESPN's Stephen A. Smith: The league "desperately" needs Brady in the Super Bowl.

I think the opposite is true. I know a lot of football fans, and the one unifying factor in conversations with these fans, is that EVERYBODY who is not a Pat's fan, HATES Tom Brady, and the Patriots.

I think the Pats are directly responsible for the downturn in viewership, and attendance for the NFL. Possibly, because of the slanted officiating, that we all have witnessed. (Including the championship game)

Agree? Disagree?

• Like 7

Agree

• Like 3

I almost always disagree with Stephen A 's hot takes, and this one is no exception. The Pats are hated everywhere but NE. Most folks are on to the biased officiating as well, this has hurt ratings tremendously imo. The last thing the NFL needs is another Pats SB. 

Edited by Boatdrinks
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This'll be the first time that i won't watch the SB...........i have no interest in watching the Pats in another one.

• Like 9

A million fans on here not watching the SB

And nobody asked them....

Brady and the Pats = Ratings.  By that I mean, if you are a Pats fan you are watching to cheer for them.  Everyone else is watching because they want to see them lose.  It's the perfect storm for the NFL.

• Like 2

Agree.  That's part of it.  I hate watching games where I'm not a fan of either team and see the stripes have such an impact.  If it's terrible for both teams, I can live with it.  The problem is that it is not.  This is a Superbowl that I"m already planning on taking a pass on.  Pun intended.

Many will wahave ch hoping like hell whoever is playing the cheaters breaks Brady in half and annilates them however we all know how this one is gonna end Back to Back SB championships and a penalty or two called against them

Brady, the player belongs in a crib w/a pacifier. If he conducted himself like a MAN, I think he would be respected, AND admired by NFL fans everywhere. There are way too many instances when Brady goes off of the rails, and whines to the officials. No one wants to see that from a player, who just may be the GOAT of the NFL.

There is no such disdain for Joe Montana, Steve Young, Brett Farve, etc..

Cheating adds another dimension to this hatred of this organization, to state the obvious..

Edited by BUFFALOBART
  • Like 1

Agree.  But no one else wants to see them in the SB.  The rest of the country is tired of NE and the shady happenings around their games.

There is no way I'm watching this super bowl. No way the Patriots lose to either of these teams. I predict the game will be over at the half.

16 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

I think the opposite is true. I know a lot of football fans, and the one unifying factor in conversations with these fans, is that EVERYBODY who is not a Pat's fan, HATES Tom Brady, and the Patriots.

I think the Pats are directly responsible for the downturn in viewership, and attendance for the NFL. Possibly, because of the slanted officiating, that we all have witnessed. (Including the championship game)

Agree? Disagree?

Agree. The opposite is true as you state.

NFL needs Brady in Super Bowl like my girlfriend needs a herpe.

Will be a quiet board with y’all pretending you aren’t watching the Super Bowl

Edited by row_33
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

Brady and the Pats = Ratings.  By that I mean, if you are a Pats fan you are watching to cheer for them.  Everyone else is watching because they want to see them lose.  It's the perfect storm for the NFL.

Exactly. It's almost similar to MLB and the Yankees, MLB is only good when the Yanks are on top.

Difference is the Yankees are the greatest franchise in the history of pro sports and the Pats are only the best of a watered-down league.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

I just put in to work a double, even if I had a small urge to watch and get sick I will be working now. 

Lets not be dramatic. Youre watching. If you have any kind of social life, youre watching the damn game. 

Edited by bobobonators
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’ll be watching SB like I watch NASCAR. For a horrific career ending injury. #TB12!!!! Just joking 😉

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Does it bother you if some of us have better things to do than watch a scripted WWE version of a football game? Personally, I'll be in the Caribbean and couldn't give a $@!t about any SB involving NE. 

Edited by Boatdrinks

I haven't watched any SB that the Patriots have appeared in since the Giants beat them the first time.  I won't watch this one either.

Actually, I haven't watched any game the Patriots have played in a long time, except when they play the Bills.

That’s not true. But, of course I’ll be watching.  I love football, and will watch it when I can. It’s a short season. But, I will say there is patriots fatigue. 

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

Does it bother you if some of us have bettercthings to do than watch a scripted WWE version of a football game? Personally, I'll be in the Caribbean and couldn't give a $@!t about any SB involving NE. 

So true, I'd rather make 600$ than watch this crap SB.

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

Does it bother you if some of us have better things to do than watch a scripted WWE version of a football game? Personally, I'll be in the Caribbean and couldn't give a $@!t about any SB involving NE. 

“Better things to do”

meanwhile here you are on a message board talking about the game you wont be watching 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

“Better things to do”

meanwhile here you are on a message board talking about the game you wont be watching 

I'm seeing a fair amount of validation of my suspicions

Sign in to follow this