Dareus, No Gilmore, Yes

Foreigner

2 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Well in their defense, and myself included. If you actually watched the game it was pretty hard to miss.

They didn't need your defense. I wasn't attacking anyone other than the one name calling.

2 minutes ago, John from Hemet said:

I am probably missing something here but i will ask anyway.....how is Brady with the ball in his hands at the end of the game a bad call?

My point is.....we replaced Gilmore and his huge contract with a better player......

Gilmore's play resulted in the ball being in Brady's hands. It was 4th down.

1 minute ago, Ol Dirty B said:

When I call you stupid in the future, and you might be making a legitimate point. Remember this post, you earned it.

What gives you the right to be calling anyone stupid?

1 minute ago, jmc12290 said:

Gilmore's play resulted in the ball being in Brady's hands. It was 4th down.

With better field position from Tre's advance of the ball?

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

When I call you stupid in the future, and you might be making a legitimate point. Remember this post, you earned it.

Not trying to be a prick, but I read this 10 times and I still don't know what you're trying to say.  

11 hours ago, Magox said:

They both had excellent games.

This was the best I had seen Dareus play in quite some time.  Hopefully for him he can stay focused on football and stay out of trouble in the off season.

100%. Dareus came to play. Always liked him but he had a bad contract. It was the right move and of all the departed, I wish him the best. He’s had s tough road and I want him to do well. 

13 hours ago, Jerry Jabber said:

Good CB’s are very hard to afford after their rookie deals as their second contracts are astronomical, so it wasn’t a wise move to resign Gilmore considering all the holes on the team.

Gilmore had a great game today and IMO made the play of his career with the PBU at the end of the fourth quarter.

Good point.

It does kind of create a conundrum though: re-sign your expensive young vet or continue to have to invest premium picks in your secondary?

Tough call IMO.

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

This is easy for me. Gilmore is a nice player but at that price I’ll take Tre White 12 days a week. The Bills got that right. Dareus on the other hand was a mistake. He controls the middle of the field. He was a guy that they should have embraced. He was a monster today.

I dunno Kirby. Three separate coaching staffs tried to embrace this guy and he had a garbage attitude for all three of them. The problem with his talent is that it's attached to a moron who shows up late to everything and moans when things don't go his way. 

11 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

I dunno Kirby. Three separate coaching staffs tried to embrace this guy and he had a garbage attitude for all three of them. The problem with his talent is that it's attached to a moron who shows up late to everything and moans when things don't go his way. 

He’s not a problem child. He’s just a child. He’s immature but his teammates loved him. Dareus isn’t a cancer. You can work with guys like that. I mean his old head coach got him back so it’s not like he didn’t embrace him.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

He’s not a problem child. He’s just a child. He’s immature but his teammates loved him. Dareus isn’t a cancer. You can work with guys like that.

It's a problem when the highest paid player on the team is a child and not a leader. He's one "childish" mistake away from losing a full year to suspension. That alone would make me too nervous to keep him on the team. 

9 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

It's a problem when the highest paid player on the team is a child and not a leader. He's one "childish" mistake away from losing a full year to suspension. That alone would make me too nervous to keep him on the team. 

It certainly isn’t without risk but you take that risk with the right guys. Le’Veon Bell and Martavus Bryant are in a similar place. If your culture is strong enough guys like Dareus are soldiers and not generals. He doesn’t need to be a leader regardless of his pay check. 

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

Good point.

It does kind of create a conundrum though: re-sign your expensive young vet or continue to have to invest premium picks in your secondary?

Tough call IMO.

Agreed. I'm not a fan of using first round draft picks on DB's unless the team is already a contender because of how much it costs to resign the player. I'd rather draft a player in the first round that has the potential to be on the team longer than his rookie deal, otherwise it seems like you're constantly recycling through players. I'll have to admit that I wasn't a fan of using a first round pick on Tre'Davious White, but after seeing him play this season, I'd say it was the correct/smart choice. Like you said, it is a tough call. One thing is for sure, it's nice to have good talent evaluators again [Beane and McDermott] as they picked up Hyde, Poyer, Gaines (via trade) and White. Going into the season, people thought the secondary was going to be a major weakness, but it turned out to be the strength of the defense.   

21 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

It certainly isn’t without risk but you take that risk with the right guys. Le’Veon Bell and Martavus Bryant are in a similar place. If your culture is strong enough guys like Dareus are soldiers and not generals. He doesn’t need to be a leader regardless of his pay check. 

Agreed. The team really had no culture before and is in the nascent stages of developing a team identity. You can't have that on the roster in the early stages.  

2 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Agreed. The team really had no culture before and is in the nascent stages of developing a team identity. You can't have that on the roster in the early stages.  

That’s fair (even if we disagree slightly). I don’t think that he was negatively impacting anyone. He was just a goofball. I’d be concerned about guys like OBJ who have some power in their locker room. 

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

That’s fair (even if we disagree slightly). I don’t think that he was negatively impacting anyone. He was just a goofball. I’d be concerned about guys like OBJ who have some power in their locker room. 

I dunno, I feel like having the highest paid guy in the building showing up late to stuff and basically not fully committing to the process sets a poor example. Especially on a team that is actively working to get younger. I don't want young guys coming in an emulating him.  

35 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Problem is Whaley never should have given him that contract. It's only one of his many failures.