Dareus, No Gilmore, Yes

Foreigner

McBeane is creating a team concept here.  The Cheats can absorb a player like Gilmore because they are the Borg of the NFL.  You will be assimilated.  I'm guessing that Dareus will revert to form next season with the Jags.  The Bills jettisoned all the prima donna, high dollar low performer, bad character, malcontented, etc. players and got this team to the playoffs on far less talent than the Jags, and should have beaten the Jags.  They are smart about how to build a football team.  I can't wait to see the 2018 Bills after all the stockpiled draft picks.

• Like (+1) 1

There is one big point that we are all missing, as some of the lst and 2nd rounders leaving are 

managements fault and some are not.

We get all these top draft choices coming here, most all are single, or with girl friends and with

money to burn. We all know what a great place Western New York is to grow up at and to raise

family's, but first of all, these rookies and their agents have known they are not coming here to go

to the Super Bowl, and most guys want to win. Second of all, how many times can these guys 

see Niagara Falls or go to the same Art Gallery if they want. Or what about going to a bar 

downtown for a couple of drinks. Buffalo is the Bills and so many people know who these guys

are. How would you like to be Tyrod Taylor going into a bar or club Sunday night after a loss.

These guys can get lost in New York, Philly, Miami, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, LA, San Fran, etc. 

and not get abused like they can here and maybe have a better social life. 

When I was growing up. relatives near Toronto used to come to Buffalo all the time. They 

haven't been here in 30 years. If I want to have some fun  I can leave Buffalo and head anyplace for

a couple of days if I have the money. All things being equal moneywise, winning; a better social

life; better weather late in the season; wouldn't a lot of free agents  want to leave .

Just saying. 

13 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

McBeane is creating a team concept here.  The Cheats can absorb a player like Gilmore because they are the Borg of the NFL.  You will be assimilated.  I'm guessing that Dareus will revert to form next season with the Jags.  The Bills jettisoned all the prima donna, high dollar low performer, bad character, malcontented, etc. players and got this team to the playoffs on far less talent than the Jags, and should have beaten the Jags.  They are smart about how to build a football team.  I can't wait to see the 2018 Bills after all the stockpiled draft picks.

Exactly.

We will see some big time upgrades this off-season and really reap the benefits of these moves imo. They're trying to build a consistent contender and i think it's a lock we are more talented than this year where we got 9 wins. Love the direction of this franchise. 

Hopefully Glenn is the next one to be dealt, or moved to RT, Dawkins is a stud 

Just now, rafter said:

Our secondary was not the problem this year.

Our secondary is one of the best in league and very young overall. They're going to be a cornerstone in building the defense.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Exactly.

We will see some big time upgrades this off-season and really reap the benefits of these moves imo. They're trying to build a consistent contender and i think it's a lock we are more talented than this year where we got 9 wins. Love the direction of this franchise. 

Hopefully Glenn is the next one to be dealt, or moved to RT, Dawkins is a stud 

Our secondary is one of the best in league and very young overall. They're going to be a cornerstone in building the defense.

agreed. gilmore is a goodplayer, but for the money his big plays are evened out by his weak tackling and blown plays.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Gilmore

Darby

Bradham

Hogan

Woods

Dareus

Watkins

Our cap would have made it tough to keep everyone but there’s a lot of ex-Bills in these playoffs. 

There are a lot of ex-players of teams on every roster.  That's the way the cap dictates. But I would add there were 53 Bills in the playoffs this season too.  Onward and upward.

2 hours ago, Foreigner said:

No, the point is all the talent we have given up this year, like the T who the Coach could

not work with, that we practically gave away. Maybe Marrone was not so dumb after

all in leaving because he made it work with Dareus. Dareus, no matter what anyone thinks

has talent, and quitting on talent hurts a football team no matter kind of person the player is.

Seemed like Dareus needed a kick in the face and the only way to do that with his baby self was to dump him and shatter his huge ego

Edited by mimisnowball

3 hours ago, Foreigner said:

Marcel Dareus sack of Tom Brady today in the 4thQ could not get the Jacksonville a trip to the Super Bowl,

but Stephon Gilmore with maybe a game saver, got the New England Pats to the Super Bowl.

There is a old saying in sports "DON'T QUIT ON TALENT" and it is mind boggling all the talent the Bills 

gave away this year. I believed it's been repeated hundreds of times here, so I don't need to go into all

the names, because you know who they are. For Cap space and Draft Choices?

Why is it that the Pats never have these situations that hurt them? 

We even lost two guys off the practice squad to these guys this past season. Are the Pats that smarter?

You all know the answer. 

They shoul not have quit on the team, the fans, and themselves. The Bills did not quit on them.

4 hours ago, Foreigner said:

Marcel Dareus sack of Tom Brady today in the 4thQ could not get the Jacksonville a trip to the Super Bowl,

but Stephon Gilmore with maybe a game saver, got the New England Pats to the Super Bowl.

There is a old saying in sports "DON'T QUIT ON TALENT" and it is mind boggling all the talent the Bills 

gave away this year. I believed it's been repeated hundreds of times here, so I don't need to go into all

the names, because you know who they are. For Cap space and Draft Choices?

Why is it that the Pats never have these situations that hurt them? 

We even lost two guys off the practice squad to these guys this past season. Are the Pats that smarter?

You all know the answer. 

In a perfect world you can sign every player to 60+ million contracts but that’s not the case.  Those two players weren’t the right ones to give that money to.  I agree with what Buffalo did.  Sucks to lose the talent but financially just didn’t make sense.  

Edited by CaptnCoke11

4 hours ago, scribo said:
  • Dareus was sitting on the sidelines when the Pats scored their winning TD. Tells me something that they had him out on the most important play of their season.

4 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

You didn’t see him limp off the field? They stopped the game.

The hot takes are strong today, Kirby.

3 hours ago, PIZ said:

Dareus took himself out because he's out of shape, not hurt.

Glad the Pats won....it should be Buffalo that dethrones them.

When I call you stupid in the future, and you might be making a legitimate point. Remember this post, you earned it.