Dareus, No Gilmore, Yes

Foreigner

1 minute ago, Foreigner said:

Of course, no team makes PERFECT roster decisions, but the Pats unfortunately make less.

If you have not just come back from Mars you know why they traded J.G. 

Sure, without Brady and Belichick it is a different story, but they always have the right pieces.

We traded for a crippled WR from Carolina who needs surgery, and how will he come back?

He is also the guy who pushed off in the end zone for a 10 yard penalty that maybe cost us the game.

Is your point that the Bills are not the Patriots? I don't think you need to make this thread to make that point.

27 minutes ago, cba fan said:

he was hurt dim witt.

Up yours.

7 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

He went off the field with an injury at the time.

Thank you. I missed. I think maybe 10 people have let me know here.

No, the point is all the talent we have given up this year, like the T who the Coach could

not work with, that we practically gave away. Maybe Marrone was not so dumb after

all in leaving because he made it work with Dareus. Dareus, no matter what anyone thinks

has talent, and quitting on talent hurts a football team no matter kind of person the player is.

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Foreigner said:

Of course, no team makes PERFECT roster decisions, but the Pats unfortunately make less.

If you have not just come back from Mars you know why they traded J.G. 

Sure, without Brady and Belichick it is a different story, but they always have the right pieces.

We traded for a crippled WR from Carolina who needs surgery, and how will he come back?

He is also the guy who pushed off in the end zone for a 10 yard penalty that maybe cost us the game.

Well when your franchise QB has a cap hit of like 13 million. I think it shows you the Pats are masters at manipulating the Cap. I wouldn’t put it past the cheaters where Kraft is taking care of Brady through other means. Whether that involves Tom’s TB12 company or other business favors including future ownership stake once he retires. I am sure Tom is getting his and is the highest paid QB in the league despite his salary.

2 minutes ago, Foreigner said:

No, the point is all the talent we have given up this year, like the T who the Coach could

not work with, that we practically gave away. Maybe Marrone was not so dumb after

all in leaving because he made it work with Dareus. Dareus, no matter what anyone thinks

has talent, and quitting on talent hurts a football team no matter kind of person the player is.

They did not quit on him.  How many pictures did we see of McD talking to him during practice.  He quit on the team.

it might just be Coughlin and Marrone told him he has one more shot or he's done in the league.  Who knows?  But I expect he'll screw up yet again in JVille.

I get so sick of people making excuses for guys who don't have work ethic or the personal integrity to live up to a contract and take responsibility for their actions.

1 hour ago, Mango said:

That is fair. Sometimes this board posts like he was JAG. He’s not. Probably in the top half of CB1s in the league. 8-12 ish. 

Not so much the point though. Look at all the former 1st and 2nd rd players we have had over say the last 5-6 drafts walk or gave away for basically nothing.  

Don't get me wrong I like Tre White but do we draft him if we signed Gilmore? If no, who do we take last draft with our first? Watson or Mahomes maybe? Same could be said if we kept Woods and did not draft Zay, who could we have got? 

Now we have to find a good DT which will cost another 1st or 2nd rd pick next year.

You don't give away proven talent.

People get so Horny over unproven draft picks around here though it's comical.

Edited by Real McCoy

2 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Not so much the point though. Look at all the former 1st and 2nd rd players we have had over say the last 5-6 drafts walk or gave away for basically nothing.  

Don't get me wrong I like Tre White but do we draft him if we signed Gilmore? If no, who do we last draft with our first? Watson or Mahomes maybe? Same could be said if we kept woods and did not draft Zay. Now we have to find a good DT which will cost another 1st or 2nd rd pick next year.

You don't give away proven talent. People get so Horny over unproven draft picks around here though.

I fully agree. Gilmore for me is a “you can’t afford everybody” sort of letting walk. 

Woods should be on this team. So should Darby and Dareus. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Foreigner said:

Marcel Dareus sack of Tom Brady today in the 4thQ could not get the Jacksonville a trip to the Super Bowl,

but Stephon Gilmore with maybe a game saver, got the New England Pats to the Super Bowl.

There is a old saying in sports "DON'T QUIT ON TALENT" and it is mind boggling all the talent the Bills 

gave away this year. I believed it's been repeated hundreds of times here, so I don't need to go into all

the names, because you know who they are. For Cap space and Draft Choices?

Why is it that the Pats never have these situations that hurt them? 

We even lost two guys off the practice squad to these guys this past season. Are the Pats that smarter?

You all know the answer. 

going out on a limb? because they have the best qb to ever play the game? that would be my guess.

8 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Way to make **** up due your bias. 

No.  You didn't see himself on the sideline gassed and then came back in?  I'm not biased.  Hate both teams equally.

Just now, PIZ said:

No.  You didn't see himself on the sideline gassed and then came back in?  I'm not biased.  Hate both teams equally.

I saw him being assisted off the field by the Jags training staff and then come back in.  You have decided that being gassed was the reason with no evidence. 

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

I saw him being assisted off the field by the Jags training staff and then come back in.  You have decided that being gassed was the reason with no evidence. 

OK.  It is my opinion that he took himself out because he was gassed. 

1 hour ago, Foreigner said:

Marcel Dareus sack of Tom Brady today in the 4thQ could not get the Jacksonville a trip to the Super Bowl,

but Stephon Gilmore with maybe a game saver, got the New England Pats to the Super Bowl.

There is a old saying in sports "DON'T QUIT ON TALENT" and it is mind boggling all the talent the Bills 

gave away this year. I believed it's been repeated hundreds of times here, so I don't need to go into all

the names, because you know who they are. For Cap space and Draft Choices?

Why is it that the Pats never have these situations that hurt them? 

We even lost two guys off the practice squad to these guys this past season. Are the Pats that smarter?

You all know the answer. 

Here we go, the off season!