Dareus, No Gilmore, Yes

Foreigner

27 minutes ago, Foreigner said:

Marcel Dareus sack of Tom Brady today in the 4thQ could not get the Jacksonville a trip to the Super Bowl,

but Stephon Gilmore with maybe a game saver, got the New England Pats to the Super Bowl.

There is a old saying in sports "DON'T QUIT ON TALENT" and it is mind boggling all the talent the Bills 

gave away this year. I believed it's been repeated hundreds of times here, so I don't need to go into all

the names, because you know who they are. For Cap space and Draft Choices?

Why is it that the Pats never have these situations that hurt them? 

We even lost two guys off the practice squad to these guys this past season. Are the Pats that smarter?

You all know the answer.  Tom Brady!

Edited by snamsnoops

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

This is easy for me. Gilmore is a nice player but at that price I’ll take Tre White 12 days a week. The Bills got that right. Dareus on the other hand was a mistake. He controls the middle of the field. He was a guy that they should have embraced. He was a monster today.

I would take Tre at the same price now. I feel he  is already more valuable at the moment.
 But I am biased admittedly Kirby.
I did not watch the first half , but i did watch Marcel in the second. He played hard.
Bills need to find something at DT that fills that gap Dareus left ( Pun Intended )

I am fine with Bills drafting one of these beasts early, Likely a fine starter to be had at DT and  i hate to admit I feel , a rather excellent corner could be had when we pick.
But Marcel needed a change of venue as did Gilmore.
Bills will be the better for it.

• Like (+1) 2

I wouldn't mind having Gilmore on the roster, but odds are we'd have had to significantly outbid the Pats, he'd be largely wasted in our offense, we're not exactly weak at the position, and the cap space we saved gives us the ability to to obtain/retain other talent that's probably more valuable to the team. In short, I'm glad we let him walk even if he is good.

26 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

If Rex keeps Schwartz that 2015 team was loaded for a run in the playoffs.

List of HC interviews in 2015 below. Almost all of them better than Rex. We already had one of the best defenses in the league and they hire a defensive coach??? Pick any of these offensive minded coaches and we are in the playoffs that year assuming we keep Schwartz as DC/Assistant HC. Choosing Rex set us back 3 yrs.

• Darrell Bevell, offensive coordinator, Seattle (Saturday, 1/3)
  • Adam Gase, offensive coordinator, Denver (Saturday, 1/3)
  • Dan Quinn, defensive coordinator, Seattle (Saturday, 1/3)
  • Frank Reich, offensive coordinator, San Diego (Sunday, 1/4)
  • Mike Shanahan, head coach (fmr.), Washington (Sunday, 1/4)
  • Pat Shurmur, offensive coordinator, Philadelphia (Tuesday, 1/6)
  • Hue Jackson, offensive coordinator, Cincinnati (Wednesday, 1/7)
  • Rex Ryan, head coach (fmr.), New York Jets (Thursday, 1/8)
  • Kyle Shanahan, offensive coordinator, Cleveland (Thursday, 1/8)
  • Jim Schwartz, defensive coordinator, Buffalo (date N/A)

You really want to keep a guy, you can figure out how to keep him. It seems the Pats always

win the AFC because they know who to keep and who to let go. Cap or no Cap.

There is a reason certain players on certain teams test the market.

Has Brady ever tested the market. No, because he knows with Coaching and Management

the Pats make the right decisions to be able to win.

48 minutes ago, Foreigner said:

Marcel Dareus sack of Tom Brady today in the 4thQ could not get the Jacksonville a trip to the Super Bowl,

but Stephon Gilmore with maybe a game saver, got the New England Pats to the Super Bowl.

There is a old saying in sports "DON'T QUIT ON TALENT" and it is mind boggling all the talent the Bills 

gave away this year. I believed it's been repeated hundreds of times here, so I don't need to go into all

We even lost two guys off the practice squad to these guys this past season. Are the Pats that smarter?

You all know the answer. 

Chandler Jones led the league in sacks this year and they traded him for a guard who isn't even on their team anymore....

But because the Patriots did it, it was brilliant right?

FYI the Pats do more of this stuff than anyone in the league.

And you bring this up in the year the Bills did all this and broke a 17 year playoff drought? Where was their talent in the other 4 years they were here?

GTFO with that BS.

There is also an expression in management that getting the wrong people off the bus is far more important at first than getting the right people on the bus. That part has mostly been completed.

Edited by matter2003

4 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Chandler Jones led the league in sacks this year and they traded him for a guard who isn't even on their team anymore....

But because the Patriots did it, it was brilliant right?

They also traded Jimmy Garropolo for a pick in the middle of the 2nd. They paid Gillislee $3.2M a year not to dress. They signed Scott Chandler!! The Patriots make a million personnel mistakes but they have Brady and Belichick. It covers it all up. 

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Foreigner said:

You all know the answer. 

I think the bold font makes your points seem smarter and absolutely incontrovertible.

Of course, no team makes PERFECT roster decisions, but the Pats unfortunately make less.

If you have not just come back from Mars you know why they traded J.G. 

Sure, without Brady and Belichick it is a different story, but they always have the right pieces.

We traded for a crippled WR from Carolina who needs surgery, and how will he come back?

He is also the guy who pushed off in the end zone for a 10 yard penalty that maybe cost us the game.

• Like (+1) 1