Dareus, No Gilmore, Yes

Foreigner

Marcel Dareus sack of Tom Brady today in the 4thQ could not get the Jacksonville a trip to the Super Bowl,

but Stephon Gilmore with maybe a game saver, got the New England Pats to the Super Bowl.

There is a old saying in sports "DON'T QUIT ON TALENT" and it is mind boggling all the talent the Bills 

gave away this year. I believed it's been repeated hundreds of times here, so I don't need to go into all

the names, because you know who they are. For Cap space and Draft Choices?

Why is it that the Pats never have these situations that hurt them? 

We even lost two guys off the practice squad to these guys this past season. Are the Pats that smarter?

You all know the answer. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

Gilmore cost way too much and was smart to let him go

I don’t love letting Gilmore go. But I don’t hate it at all. It was what it was. He’s a good player and I never understood all the hate in Buffalo for the guy.

FWIW outside of the start of the season Gilmore has played at a high level this year. 

5 minutes ago, Foreigner said:

Marcel Dareus sack of Tom Brady today in the 4thQ could not get the Jacksonville a trip to the Super Bowl,

but Stephon Gilmore with maybe a game saver, got the New England Pats to the Super Bowl.

There is a old saying in sports "DON'T QUIT ON TALENT" and it is mind boggling all the talent the Bills 

gave away this year. I believed it's been repeated hundreds of times here, so I don't need to go into all

the names, because you know who they are. For Cap space and Draft Choices?

Why is it that the Pats never have these situations that hurt them? 

We even lost two guys off the practice squad to these guys this past season. Are the Pats that smarter?

You all know the answer. 

Ball was under thrown and WR did not slow his step enough to protect.
Dareus . I did watch him. meh.

3 minutes ago, Mango said:

I don’t love letting Gilmore go. But I don’t hate it at all. It was what it was. He’s a good player and I never understood all the hate in Buffalo for the guy.

FWIW outside of the start of the season Gilmore has played at a high level this year. 

His attitude is why the hate. It showed on the field. he wanted to be somewhere else and got his wish. Talent be damned, glad he is gone.

That being said it Is a hole fill. and Gaines plays well when playing  but...

1 minute ago, 3rdand12 said:

His attitude is why the hate. It showed on the field. he wanted to be somewhere else and got his wish. Talent be damned, glad he is gone.

That being said it Is a hole fill. and Gaines plays well when playing  but...

That is fair. Sometimes this board posts like he was JAG. He’s not. Probably in the top half of CB1s in the league. 8-12 ish. 

1 minute ago, Magox said:

They both had excellent games.

This was the best I had seen Dareus play in quite some time.  Hopefully for him he can stay focused on football and stay out of trouble in the off season.

I wish them both well , as long as we are not playing them.

Just now, scribo said:
  • Dareus was sitting on the sidelines when the Pats scored their winning TD. Tells me something that they had him out on the most important play of their season.

looked like an ankle injury when they called the injury timeout

1 minute ago, Mango said:

That is fair. Sometimes this board posts like he was JAG. He’s not. Probably in the top half of CB1s in the league. 8-12 ish. 

No jag for sure. he can play ball. Good size and reach. some long speed.

• Like (+1) 2

I had a nightmare after the sack, that the Jags would win.

Dareus and Marrone would be in the Super Bowl. Dareus would have 3 sacks and a FF. Resulting in MVP. And we’d be here in Buffalo, holding onto the bag of footballs we traded him for.

I hate the Pats as much as the next guy, but I couldn’t bare to seen St. Doug in the Super Bowl. Which is a shame, because Coughlin is really Bellichecks Krytonite, and I want him to continue to be. Just with a different coach.

Just now, Mango said:

I had a nightmare after the sack, that the Jags would win.

Dareus and Marrone would be in the Super Bowl. Dareus would have 3 sacks and a FF. Resulting in MVP. And we’d be here in Buffalo, holding onto the bag of footballs we traded him for.

I hate the Pats as much as the next guy, but I couldn’t bare to seen St. Doug in the Super Bowl. Which is a shame, because Coughlin is really Bellichecks Krytonite, and I want him to continue to be. Just with a different coach.

I was torn at times But i did wish for the Jags to win.

Yes

I hate the Patriots more than nearly anything. Even Marrone......

Just now, Chuck Wagon said:

Gilmore

Darby

Bradham

Hogan

Woods

Dareus

Watkins

Our cap would have made it tough to keep everyone but there’s a lot of ex-Bills in these playoffs. 

Gilmore, Darby, Bradham, Hogan, and Dareus are all starting today....

2 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Gilmore

Darby

Bradham

Hogan

Woods

Dareus

Watkins

Our cap would have made it tough to keep everyone but there’s a lot of ex-Bills in these playoffs. 

were those all Whaley>Nix picks ?