Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Foreigner

Dareus, No Gilmore, Yes

Recommended Posts

Marcel Dareus sack of Tom Brady today in the 4thQ could not get the Jacksonville a trip to the Super Bowl,

but Stephon Gilmore with maybe a game saver, got the New England Pats to the Super Bowl.

 

There is a old saying in sports "DON'T QUIT ON TALENT" and it is mind boggling all the talent the Bills 

gave away this year. I believed it's been repeated hundreds of times here, so I don't need to go into all

the names, because you know who they are. For Cap space and Draft Choices?

Why is it that the Pats never have these situations that hurt them? 

 

We even lost two guys off the practice squad to these guys this past season. Are the Pats that smarter?

You all know the answer. 

  • Sad 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

Gilmore cost way too much and was smart to let him go

 

I don’t love letting Gilmore go. But I don’t hate it at all. It was what it was. He’s a good player and I never understood all the hate in Buffalo for the guy.

 

FWIW outside of the start of the season Gilmore has played at a high level this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Foreigner said:

Marcel Dareus sack of Tom Brady today in the 4thQ could not get the Jacksonville a trip to the Super Bowl,

but Stephon Gilmore with maybe a game saver, got the New England Pats to the Super Bowl.

 

There is a old saying in sports "DON'T QUIT ON TALENT" and it is mind boggling all the talent the Bills 

gave away this year. I believed it's been repeated hundreds of times here, so I don't need to go into all

the names, because you know who they are. For Cap space and Draft Choices?

Why is it that the Pats never have these situations that hurt them? 

 

We even lost two guys off the practice squad to these guys this past season. Are the Pats that smarter?

You all know the answer. 

Ball was under thrown and WR did not slow his step enough to protect.
Dareus . I did watch him. meh.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mango said:

 

I don’t love letting Gilmore go. But I don’t hate it at all. It was what it was. He’s a good player and I never understood all the hate in Buffalo for the guy.

 

FWIW outside of the start of the season Gilmore has played at a high level this year. 

His attitude is why the hate. It showed on the field. he wanted to be somewhere else and got his wish. Talent be damned, glad he is gone.

That being said it Is a hole fill. and Gaines plays well when playing  but...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They both had excellent games.

 

This was the best I had seen Dareus play in quite some time.  Hopefully for him he can stay focused on football and stay out of trouble in the off season.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Dareus was sitting on the sidelines when the Pats scored their winning TD. Tells me something that they had him out on the most important play of their season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 3rdand12 said:

His attitude is why the hate. It showed on the field. he wanted to be somewhere else and got his wish. Talent be damned, glad he is gone.

That being said it Is a hole fill. and Gaines plays well when playing  but...

 

 

That is fair. Sometimes this board posts like he was JAG. He’s not. Probably in the top half of CB1s in the league. 8-12 ish. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Magox said:

They both had excellent games.

 

This was the best I had seen Dareus play in quite some time.  Hopefully for him he can stay focused on football and stay out of trouble in the off season.

I wish them both well , as long as we are not playing them.

Just now, scribo said:
  • Dareus was sitting on the sidelines when the Pats scored their winning TD. Tells me something that they had him out on the most important play of their season.

looked like an ankle injury when they called the injury timeout

1 minute ago, Mango said:

 

 

That is fair. Sometimes this board posts like he was JAG. He’s not. Probably in the top half of CB1s in the league. 8-12 ish. 

No jag for sure. he can play ball. Good size and reach. some long speed.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a nightmare after the sack, that the Jags would win.

 

Dareus and Marrone would be in the Super Bowl. Dareus would have 3 sacks and a FF. Resulting in MVP. And we’d be here in Buffalo, holding onto the bag of footballs we traded him for.

 

I hate the Pats as much as the next guy, but I couldn’t bare to seen St. Doug in the Super Bowl. Which is a shame, because Coughlin is really Bellichecks Krytonite, and I want him to continue to be. Just with a different coach.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gilmore

Darby

Bradham

Hogan

Woods

Dareus

Watkins

 

Our cap would have made it tough to keep everyone but there’s a lot of ex-Bills in these playoffs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, scribo said:
  • Dareus was sitting on the sidelines when the Pats scored their winning TD. Tells me something that they had him out on the most important play of their season.

I do believe he was injured.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mango said:

I had a nightmare after the sack, that the Jags would win.

 

Dareus and Marrone would be in the Super Bowl. Dareus would have 3 sacks and a FF. Resulting in MVP. And we’d be here in Buffalo, holding onto the bag of footballs we traded him for.

 

I hate the Pats as much as the next guy, but I couldn’t bare to seen St. Doug in the Super Bowl. Which is a shame, because Coughlin is really Bellichecks Krytonite, and I want him to continue to be. Just with a different coach.

I was torn at times But i did wish for the Jags to win.

 Yes

 I hate the Patriots more than nearly anything. Even Marrone......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Chuck Wagon said:

Gilmore

Darby

Bradham

Hogan

Woods

Dareus

Watkins

 

Our cap would have made it tough to keep everyone but there’s a lot of ex-Bills in these playoffs. 

 

Gilmore, Darby, Bradham, Hogan, and Dareus are all starting today....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Gilmore

Darby

Bradham

Hogan

Woods

Dareus

Watkins

 

Our cap would have made it tough to keep everyone but there’s a lot of ex-Bills in these playoffs. 

were those all Whaley>Nix picks ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is easy for me. Gilmore is a nice player but at that price I’ll take Tre White 12 days a week. The Bills got that right. Dareus on the other hand was a mistake. He controls the middle of the field. He was a guy that they should have embraced. He was a monster today.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

Nice play by Gilmore. I'm happy we let him walk.  Buh bye.

not sure how to read this one Sig

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, scribo said:
  • Dareus was sitting on the sidelines when the Pats scored their winning TD. Tells me something that they had him out on the most important play of their season.

You didn’t see him limp off the field? They stopped the game.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Foreigner said:

Marcel Dareus sack of Tom Brady today in the 4thQ could not get the Jacksonville a trip to the Super Bowl,

but Stephon Gilmore with maybe a game saver, got the New England Pats to the Super Bowl.

 

There is a old saying in sports "DON'T QUIT ON TALENT" and it is mind boggling all the talent the Bills 

gave away this year. I believed it's been repeated hundreds of times here, so I don't need to go into all

the names, because you know who they are. For Cap space and Draft Choices?

Why is it that the Pats never have these situations that hurt them? 

 

We even lost two guys off the practice squad to these guys this past season. Are the Pats that smarter?

You all know the answer.  Tom Brady!

 

Edited by snamsnoops

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

not sure how to read this one Sig

 He's a good player,  but his value to the Bills right now was not there at his price point. IOW , what Kirby said. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×