48 hrs - Aaron Hernandez

JTown

3 hours ago, snamsnoops said:

i would argue that BBRRRUUCCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! holds the bills goat!

I get your respect for Bruce but I think OJ is one of the top five players at any position ever in the history of the NFL.  His talent was other-worldly.  

Despite my admiration, I wouldn't pose for a pic with him and I don't believe his name should be honored anywhere.  It's disrespectful to the families of his victims.  

Hernandez and Simpson are both best forgotten IMHO.  

1 hour ago, JTown said:

Learn to read.

I will break it down Barney style for you.

I hate the  Patriots. 

I hate all people who murder innocent people.  The fact that AH was an active Patriot who had recieved a $40 mil contract increases my hatred for that organization. 

Am I holding that Patriots accountable for the murder of Odin Lloyd.   No

Do I believe that the Patriots knew of his character issues.  Absolutely indisputable. As did Urban Meyer.

Did they know he was going to kill?  Probably not.

Keep focusing on the word "increases" and keep thinking that I hold the organization accountable.   

Make sense now? 

Other than disliking them more, how exactly would you be holding them accountable? 

Just now, ddaryl said:

I stil think it is... but If OJ was with the bIlls when this went down I am sure there would be defenders the same

as for the Rae Curuth.. Never even read it so I couldn't ignore it

Dude, OJ brutally and violently murdered two people...got away with it...now wears Bills Jerseys to take pictures with kids as a murderer.  Thats WAY worse for the Bills than Hernandez situation for the Pats.

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

To be fair, you like the other 3 ignored the other example of Rae Carruth I included in the post.  

And it doesn't matter in the first place, the actions of the individual away from the team have nothing to do with the team.  If anyone here believes the Pats would have knowing had Aaron on the team if they knew he was a murderer then they they live in a fantasy land of blind hate where utter nonsense makes sense. 

We all hate the Pats, but there is zero impact on that about Hernandez.  And honestly, the OJ situation is way worse because he got away with it and runs around wearing Bills jerseys taking pictures with kids despite brutally murdering two people.

I never said the patriots knew. I just said it was a differnet situation IMO

25 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

To be fair, you like the other 3 ignored the other example of Rae Carruth I included in the post.  

And it doesn't matter in the first place, the actions of the individual away from the team have nothing to do with the team.  If anyone here believes the Pats would have knowing had Aaron on the team if they knew he was a murderer then they they live in a fantasy land of blind hate where utter nonsense makes sense. 

We all hate the Pats, but there is zero impact on that about Hernandez.  And honestly, the OJ situation is way worse because he got away with it and runs around wearing Bills jerseys taking pictures with kids despite brutally murdering two people.

Lighten up Francis....it was a joke.

2 hours ago, ddaryl said:

I never said the patriots knew. I just said it was a differnet situation IMO

Different situation...sure...but the post you are replying to was a reply directly to the poster who said they hate the Pats even more for Hernandez.  All I said is that Hernandez actions have nothing to do with the organization anymore than OJ does to the Bills or Carruth did for the Panthers.  

Doesn't matter if it was while an active player or retired player...murder is murder, and the murder has zero to do with the organization on any level no matter who it is.  Hate the Pats because the refs love them...hate the Pats because they have killed us for almost 2 decades...hate the Pats because of Spy Gate and Defelate Gate...but to hate them or hate them more because of Hernandez is just something I dont agree with because it was NOT their fault and they didn't know he was a murderer.

1 hour ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Lighten up Francis....it was a joke.

LOL...I was the one who made a joke about the "Patriots see your Hernandez and raise you OJ" and it spawned all the responses.  I am simply replying to the comments.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Different situation...sure...but the post you are replying to was a reply directly to the poster who said they hate the Pats even more for Hernandez.  All I said is that Hernandez actions have nothing to do with the organization anymore than OJ does to the Bills or Carruth did for the Panthers.  

Doesn't matter if it was while an active player or retired player...murder is murder, and the murder has zero to do with the organization on any level no matter who it is.  Hate the Pats because the refs love them...hate the Pats because they have killed us for almost 2 decades...hate the Pats because of Spy Gate and Defelate Gate...but to hate them or hate them more because of Hernandez is just something I dont agree with because it was NOT their fault and they didn't know he was a murderer.

LOL...I was the one who made a joke about the "Patriots see your Hernandez and raise you OJ" and it spawned all the responses.  I am simply replying to the comments.  

10-4....go Jags.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

10-4....go Jags.

Also full disclosure, my father was murdered when I was 18 in 1994 and was never solved...so OJ situation eats at me a lot more than most and disgusts me that this guy gets positive attention from people as a known gruesome murderer who got away with it.  So the subject matter gets under my skin more than most too...especially when I see fans and kids taking pictures with the piece of Sh*t OJ smiling like its all good.

So not upset at anyone here, just probably a little more connected to situation that I would like.

Edited by Alphadawg7

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Also full disclosure, my father was murdered when I was 18 in 1994 and was never solved...so OJ situation eats at me a lot more than most and disgusts me that this guy gets positive attention from people as a known gruesome murderer who got away with it.  So the subject matter gets under my skin more than most too...

So not upset at anyone here, just probably a little more connected to situation that I would like.

Sorry to hear that man. The world is full of maniacs. No ill intent on my part. Sorry for your loss.

13 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Sorry to hear that man. The world is full of maniacs. No ill intent on my part. Sorry for your loss.

Its all good, it was a long time ago and I took no ill will...was just realizing I am probably a bit more charged up with this overall subject matter is all.  

GO JAGS!!!!  Hope Marcel knocks Marcia out the game!

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I'm a Bills fan. I don't hate the Pats. I admire them. It is the best run organization in the history of the modern game. I usually root for the AFC team in the SB. Last year, because of the Goodell deflategate fiasco I rooted especially hard for the Pats against the Falcons. I was more than pleased with the surprising outcome. 

As far as the topic blaming an organization for the criminal behavior of a player is utterly  ridiculous. 

28 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

ok I see your point...

what erked me regarding Pats fans and Hernandez was when the evidence was mouting prety high they had fans still wearing his jersey to the games...

but I dont hate the pats anymore or any less

30 minutes ago, Niagara said:

Hernandez's brain was examined after his death and showed damage. Perhaps his violent behavior was not his fault. Dr. Bennet Ifeakandu Omalu basically said as much in the 48 hour expose.

In some peoples make believe fairytale world it is never anyone's fault.

All the things I have ever done that I am not proud of are not my fault either.

It was caused by aging and anxiety of being a Bills fan. Yes my post mortem will show I had BBFS. (Battered Bills Fan Syndrome)

Edited by cba fan
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Niagara said:

Hernandez's brain was examined after his death and showed damage. Perhaps his violent behavior was not his fault. Dr. Bennet Ifeakandu Omalu basically said as much in the 48 hour expose.

Here's the problem with that train of thought: what about all the people who may have serious brain damage and don't go around murdering and injuring people?

3 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Also full disclosure, my father was murdered when I was 18 in 1994 and was never solved...so OJ situation eats at me a lot more than most and disgusts me that this guy gets positive attention from people as a known gruesome murderer who got away with it.  So the subject matter gets under my skin more than most too...especially when I see fans and kids taking pictures with the piece of Sh*t OJ smiling like its all good.

Sorry for your loss, man

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Here's the problem with that train of thought: what about all the people who may have serious brain damage and don't go around murdering and injuring people?

Of course, I agree with you, however the justice system  is open to activism, and through court capriciousness and judge shopping, anything is possible.