48 hrs - Aaron Hernandez

JTown

35 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

a much different situation as OJ was long gone from the BIlls and past his football career. he was a hollywood star at that point.

Pats had him on the roster and many Pats fans as well as the franchise defended him

much much much different scenarios IMO

but to me they are both just sad stories

However seeing a bunch of Bills fans get together to take a picture with OJ recently was disturbing

47DBE24300000578-0-image-a-92_1515358190

I think I can understand some of the reasons why these fans had the photo taken with Simpson but I wouldn't have joined them.  I can't separate the player from the crimes he committed later.  It's really sad for Bills fans that Simpson was the greatest player who EVER played for the Bills, but he's mostly remembered for being a murderer.

54 minutes ago, SoTier said:

I think I can understand some of the reasons why these fans had the photo taken with Simpson but I wouldn't have joined them.  I can't separate the player from the crimes he committed later.  It's really sad for Bills fans that Simpson was the greatest player who EVER played for the Bills, but he's mostly remembered for being a murderer.

i would argue that BBRRRUUCCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! holds the bills goat!

10 minutes ago, snamsnoops said:

i would argue that BBRRRUUCCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! holds the bills goat!

Did you ever see OJ Simpson play?  He was unbelievable.  There is nobody in the league today -- not even Adrian Peterson -- who can do what he did with regularity.  And he mostly played on pretty modestly talented teams in Buffalo.  They had The Juice and his OL, the Electric Company, and not a whole lot more, especially on defense.

Bruce was a great player but he didn't carry the team the way that Simpson did.  He had a lot of help on both sides of the ball.

9 hours ago, JTown said:

I don't hold them accountable for AH.  I hate the organization for reasons other than AH.

I don't hold the Bills accountable for OJs actions.  

I hate that he wasn't convicted but it goes to show you just how dysfunctional our judicial system is.   I would say that it's even worse now, than when they let OJ walk.

Let me be clear.... I never said I hate the Patriots because of AH.  I hate the Patriots because of the Tuck Rule, Spygate, Deflate gate, perceived NFL collusion.

Is it a coincidence that this James Patterson special aired on the eve of another AFC championship game?  I don't know. 

Do i suspect it was done to boost ratings tomorrow?   Probably. 

But in your OP, you clearly state that it " increases " your hate for them....so which one is it....if you don't hold them accountable for Hernandez, why does it increase your hate....Makes no sense....

Edited by Iron Maiden

1 hour ago, SoTier said:

I cannot think of any reason why I would want to pose for a pic near a guy who murdered his own kids mother and another innocent human being.  These guys in the pic are just some of many people who even now are adding to OJ's sense of invincibility re his celebrity. I think AH had the same sense that he too could get away with anything as well. Would Pats fans be so desperate that they would have their photos taken with AH if he had gotten away with it too? Pathetic!!

8 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Is Hernandez written on Gillette stadiums wall any where? This is just a dumb debate to even entertain.

What do you think is being debated?

This is the comment which spurred my question: "

"Go Bills...F the Pats!  But I still don't hold them accountable for the internal monster Hernandez was.  Especially since we have a bigger monster that came from our house in OJ, whose murder was gruesome on a level that would make even Hernandez queasy.  Should people hate the Bills more because of OJ?  Nope.  So cant hold Hernandez abasing the Pats anymore than people should hold OJ against the Bills or Rae Carruth against the Panthers."

The difference is that Hernandez committed his monstrous acts (several murders over several years plus a vicious attack on someone who wouldn't report it as a crime) while employed by the Pats.  That raises the legitimate question what the Pats knew about his lifestyle and activities - whether they do in fact have some accountability.

OJ committed his monstrous crime years after he'd retired and years after he was placed on the Bills Wall of Fame etc.  Since he was no longer employed by them and was living across the country, there is no question of accountability.

That is all.  I don't see anything to debate.  Whether there's a similarity in "association", you can debate if you wish.

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, JTown said:

Nothing about the James Patterson special specifically,   I loathe that organization. AH was a POS.  AH was a Patriot.  Do you see the connection?

It was more about how his fiance and others continue to defend the POS that was AH. By blaming CTE , Riddel and the NFL instead of facing reality.   He is a murderer. 

Did OJ commit murder?   Absolutely. 

Is OJ a POS?  Absolutely. 

Urban Myer knew the type of person AH was yet that was not important as he was helping him win games. 

I loved the part where AH shot his buddy in the face and left him for dead but he lived.  However,  he wouldn't cooperate with police and AH was never charged.  Yet he testified against AH in the double homicide case.  After AH was convicted in the  Odin Lloyd and was already in prison. 

Maybe if he had cooperated in the first place AH would not have been able to kill OL.

If you shoot me in the face and I live. Dont worry about whether I tell the police.

No there is no "connection".   Only in your head.  OJ Simpson is a POS, do you hate the Bills organization too?

Before OJ the Bills had a prominent former player, Jim Dunaway,  who was charged in the killing of his wife. He won the court case but the evidence clearly suggest that he did kill his wife, at least to me. It was an interesting case for Buffalo in that no one was aware that there was a dark side to the former player. 

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/33449-jim-dunaway-the-true-notorious-big

43 minutes ago, Iron Maiden said:

But in your OP, you clearly state that it " increases " your hate for them....so which one is it....if you don't hold them accountable for Hernandez, why does it increase your hate....Makes no sense....

Learn to read.

I will break it down Barney style for you.

I hate the  Patriots. 

I hate all people who murder innocent people.  The fact that AH was an active Patriot who had recieved a $40 mil contract increases my hatred for that organization. 

Am I holding that Patriots accountable for the murder of Odin Lloyd.   No

Do I believe that the Patriots knew of his character issues.  Absolutely indisputable. As did Urban Meyer.

Did they know he was going to kill?  Probably not.

Keep focusing on the word "increases" and keep thinking that I hold the organization accountable.   

Make sense now? 

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, JTown said:

Learn to read.

I will break it down Barney style for you.

I hate the  Patriots. 

I hate all people who murder innocent people.  The fact that AH was an active Patriot who had recieved a $40 mil contract increases my hatred for that organization. 

Am I holding that Patriots accountable for the murder of Odin Lloyd.   No

Do I believe that the Patriots knew of his character issues.  Absolutely indisputable. As did Urban Meyer.

Did they know he was going to kill?  Probably not.

Keep focusing on the word "increases" and keep thinking that I hold the organization accountable.   

Make sense now? 

It's OK....you contradicted yourself and now you trying to back off....why so serious ??...lol

11 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

The Pats see your Hernandez and raise you OJ

Go Bills...F the Pats!  But I still don't hold them accountable for the internal monster Hernandez was.  Especially since we have a bigger monster that came from our house in OJ, whose murder was gruesome on a level that would make even Hernandez queasy.  Should people hate the Bills more because of OJ?  Nope.  So cant hold Hernandez abasing the Pats anymore than people should hold OJ against the Bills or Rae Carruth against the Panthers.

To be fair, O.J. wasn't on the Bills roster when he didn't kill those people

10 minutes ago, Iron Maiden said:

It's OK....you contradicted yourself and now you trying to back off....why so serious ??...lol

What is contradicting? 

Backing off what?

I'm always serious unless I'm joking. 

2 hours ago, SoTier said:

Did you ever see OJ Simpson play?  He was unbelievable.  There is nobody in the league today -- not even Adrian Peterson -- who can do what he did with regularity.  And he mostly played on pretty modestly talented teams in Buffalo.  They had The Juice and his OL, the Electric Company, and not a whole lot more, especially on defense.

Bruce was a great player but he didn't carry the team the way that Simpson did.  He had a lot of help on both sides of the ball.

I have seen simpson play. The team was not the same as the 90's when Bruce played. I agree Simpson was an unbelievable talent and that he was the only thing that stood out in those days, more so then our O-Line (electric company)

Bruce played on a team full of all-pro talent and HOF players. He still stood out. He has some records that may not be broken........

You are entitled to ur opinion n I respect that!

11 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

What crimes did OJ commit while he was an active NFL player with the Bills?

Lol...like that matters.  Notice you carefully ignored my Panthers and Rae Carruth comment too because it didn't fit your response.

4 hours ago, ddaryl said:

a much different situation as OJ was long gone from the BIlls and past his football career. he was a hollywood star at that point.

Pats had him on the roster and many Pats fans as well as the franchise defended him

much much much different scenarios IMO

but to me they are both just sad stories

However seeing a bunch of Bills fans get together to take a picture with OJ recently was disturbing

47DBE24300000578-0-image-a-92_1515358190

Except its NOT a much different situation.  OJ's murders, Rae Carruths murders (the other example I used that some of you people replying keep ignoring) have absolutely nothing to do with the NFL teams those monsters all played for.  Doesn't matter if it was during their career or after, it has nothing to do with the teams.  No NFL team went out and signed a known murderer and helped him cover it up so they could play football.  To associate the extreme actions of the individual with the team is totally ridiculous.  

Pats are no more a murdering organization than the Panthers.  The only thing the Pats murder are the rules.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Lol...like that matters.  Notice you carefully ignored my Panthers and Rae Carruth comment too because it didn't fit your response.

Except its NOT a much different situation.  OJ's murders, Rae Carruths murders (the other example I used that some of you people replying keep ignoring) have absolutely nothing to do with the NFL teams those monsters all played for.  Doesn't matter if it was during their career or after, it has nothing to do with the teams.  No NFL team went out and signed a known murderer and helped him cover it up so they could play football.  To associate the extreme actions of the individual with the team is totally ridiculous.  

Pats are no more a murdering organization than the Panthers.  The only thing the Pats murder are the rules.

I stil think it is... but If OJ was with the Bills when this went down I am sure there would be defenders the same, and we would be embarassed about it I assume. Heck even I didn't believe it to be true when it was going down initially

as for the Rae Curuth.. Never even read it so I couldn't ignore it.. I stopped short I guess..

Edited by ddaryl

1 hour ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

To be fair, O.J. wasn't on the Bills roster when he didn't kill those people

To be fair, you like the other 3 ignored the other example of Rae Carruth I included in the post.  

And it doesn't matter in the first place, the actions of the individual away from the team have nothing to do with the team.  If anyone here believes the Pats would have knowing had Aaron on the team if they knew he was a murderer then they they live in a fantasy land of blind hate where utter nonsense makes sense. 

We all hate the Pats, but there is zero impact on that about Hernandez.  And honestly, the OJ situation is way worse because he got away with it and runs around wearing Bills jerseys taking pictures with kids despite brutally murdering two people.