Titans Name Mike Vrabel New HC

On 1/21/2018 at 10:39 AM, Cripple Creek said:

I just love how you knuckleheads jump into threads with zero knowledge and proclaim someone will be a success or failure based on nothing more than your own personal bias.

Yes because every hire from the BB coaching tree has been a roaring success

On January 20, 2018 at 6:19 PM, Ittakestime said:

Terrible hire. Barely any coaching experience. Thought they wanted to get a coach for Mariota. Just another inside job with ex Pats employees

I agree with this.  Doesn't seem to mesh with why they got rid of Mularkey.

Just now, BadLandsMeanie said:

He has been a defensive coordinator for ONE season? Do I have that right?

They brought in a ONE season DC, ex-linebacker and Linebacker coach, to nurture their QB?

Setting the cheering and praise aside, I think it will work out to be just as good as it sounds. Dumpster fire.

He will need a very seasoned OC. Which was why Ryan Day made no sense. He’s a College qb coach. Never called plays. Has some nfl experience under Chip, but mostly college background. Would have been an odd choice.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Who's the OC for this?

Wonder what he meant by this -

"He may or may not play every single game. There's ways to win games in this league without a franchise QB," Vrabel said. "We've got one. We're going to develop him."

Is he saying that he may bench Mariota for certain games to help develop him? 

Or am I misinterpreting? 

nooooooooooo!

btw this makes no sense from the Titans standpoint. Coombs is a HS/College Coach through and through. He is an amazing recruiter and player developer. He’s not an Xs and Os guy at all. He’s incredibly high energy and crazy. He is highly valuable for motivating a group of kids playing for free on a daily basis. I think he will wear out professional football players. 

Hard to state how big of a loss this is for OSU from a recruiting and CB development standpoint. But he nearly left last year to go to UC with Fickell and Urban gave him a fluff promotion/raise to keep him. But they are way heavy on DCs right now - they have 3 if you include his fluff title. 

16 minutes ago, Jasovon said:

Just like everything with the magical Patriots* somehow once they're out of New England these coaches turn to dust. Titans are going nowhere and will have completely wasted Mariota.

I'm not so sure you're right.  I wouldn't be surprised to see Mariota flourish under LaFleur. 

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I'm not so sure you're right.  I wouldn't be surprised to see Mariota flourish under LaFleur. 

What past results does LaFleur have?  I'm not even sure he has ever called plays before.  It's harder than it looks, ask Dennison.

4 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

What past results does LaFleur have?  I'm not even sure he has ever called plays before.  It's harder than it looks, ask Dennison.

He's young and was instrumental in helping Goff develop this past season. His previous experience under the Shanahans and Mcvay I believe will serve him well bot to mention the Titans have good offensive personnel. Typical Bills' fan response with framing everything around the league based on what happened at OBD.