Titans Name Mike Vrabel New HC

6 minutes ago, mob16151 said:

Yea the divisional round. Which is farther than buffalo has been In how long?

To make the playoffs on the coattails of another team's hard work, then shart ourselves in a winnable game was just an embarassing episode.

1 minute ago, #34fan said:

To make the playoffs on the coattails of another team's hard work, then shart ourselves in a winnable game was just an embarassing episode.

Advancing is advancing. If buffalo won that crap fest in Jax this board would have been ecstatic,and talking about building for the future. No one here except morons would be wanting to fire McDermott.

4 minutes ago, mob16151 said:

Advancing is advancing. If buffalo won that crap fest in Jax this board would have been ecstatic,and talking about building for the future. No one here except morons would be wanting to fire McDermott.

McDoomed bought more time from me when he gave Peterman an in-season look... -That took b_lls...Marrone, who I wasn't crazy about, left the team with a winning record, There should have been a stronger effort to retain him perhaps without Hackett.

• Like (+1) 1

He has very little coaching experience. He's only been coaching for 7 years, and only 4 years in the NFL -

He was (obviously) a pretty good NFL player though. But it still seems like a little too soon to already be named a head coach. 

and I thought Houston's defense regressed this year in his 1st and only season as DC (but to be fair they had some significant injuries). 

Houston was the #1 ranked defense last year (YPG) and slipped all the way to #20 this year... 
They were also the #11 defense in points allowed per game in 2016, and this year they ranked dead last (#32) in the NFL in ppg. 

Like i said, I know injuries played a part, but IMO it's still not a very good look for Vrabel. 

Who knows though. Maybe he will end up being a very good head coach. 
Edited by BillsFan4

55 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

I just love how you knuckleheads jump into threads with zero knowledge and proclaim someone will be a success or failure based on nothing more than your own personal bias.

A lot of this noise is the same stuff that was said when SF hired Lynch as the GM. Now look. 

On 1/20/2018 at 10:54 PM, NoSaint said:

Seems the type that might get the locker room and managing guys and hand over the reigns on scheme to his coordinators?

I like his odds a lot more if he’s not bogged down in being a coordinator himself 

They are probably going to bring in Day as OC and implement a lot of Chip Kelly/Oregon stuff for Mariotta.

That should be great for Mariotta.

Having OC's who adapt to their QB's strengths and then giving them playmakers and blocking help is what got the Rams and Eagles so far this year.   

The Bills were a bit ahead of the curve doing that with Tyrod in 2015-2016..............but they instead decided to square peg-round hole the most productive QB/offensive situation they'd had since their second SB year.:doh:

• Like (+1) 1