Sony Michel in the 2nd?

Kirby Jackson

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Didn’t know if this should be here or on the main board. What does everyone think about taking Sony Michel in the 2nd (if he’s there)? I think that he is Kamara 2.0 and would be fine with it even if RB isn’t the biggest need. Just wanted to see what others thought.

In a heart beat! Love his speed and versatility. Having said that I bet he's gone by that time. I will also say that you won't find another RB like him in FA for that price.

2 minutes ago, horned dogs said:

Having a number 2 behind Shady like this guy would be dynamic for this offense. Good call.

It would be like what the Saints did potentially. The Bills have tried to limit Shady’s carries (I’m not sure if that is a good or a bad idea).  He is getting older though and keeping him around 20 touches a game wouldn’t be the worst thing. That probably leaves 15 for Michel. You can bring back Cadet as the 3rd back and you have a nice group. 

Michel is fast and can catch the ball. He is not the same type of runner as McCoy or even Kamara. McCoy is extremely shifty and a lateral runner with the ability to go from stop to full speed in maybe 3 steps. That’s not Michel. Michel is fast and can also run over a LB or safety. Michel is almost 6 foot and about 220. Think more David Johnson. I would take him in the second. If he is still on the board after the first night. I bet there will be a lot of teams trying move up to grab him.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

2 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Michel is fast and can catch the ball. He is not the same type of runner as McCoy or even Kamara. McCoy is extremely shifty and a lateral runner with the ability to go from stop to full speed in maybe 3 steps. That’s not Michel. Michel is fast and can also run over a LB or safety. Michel is almost 6 foot and about 220. Think more David Johnson. I would take him in the second. If he is still on the board after the first night. I bet there will be a lot of teams trying move up to grab him.

That’s Kamara 2.0. He had the highest broken tackle percentage in the league 32.8% and near the top of gross broken tackles. I think Michel rises a lot because of Kamara’s success as a rookie. I could see him as the 2nd back off the board. He isn’t right now but it wouldn’t shock me.

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

That’s Kamara 2.0. He had the highest broken tackle percentage in the league 32.8% and near the top of gross broken tackles. I think Michel rises a lot because of Kamara’s success as a rookie. I could see him as the 2nd back off the board. He isn’t right now but it wouldn’t shock me.

Instead of Cleveland taking Barkley with their second first round pick it might be advisable for them to make a deal with Buffalo, get additional picks, and then select Michel with a lower pick. The Bills could get Mayfield and the Browns would be able to address some other needs with the added picks. The dovetail dovetailing! :)

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

Instead of Cleveland taking Barkley with their second first round pick it might be advisable for them to make a deal with Buffalo, get additional picks, and then select Michel with a lower pick. The Bills could get Mayfield and the Browns would be able to address some other needs with the added picks. The dovetail dovetailing! :)

Thats a good scenario 

7 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

It would be like what the Saints did potentially. The Bills have tried to limit Shady’s carries (I’m not sure if that is a good or a bad idea).  He is getting older though and keeping him around 20 touches a game wouldn’t be the worst thing. That probably leaves 15 for Michel. You can bring back Cadet as the 3rd back and you have a nice group. 

Don't forget about Taiwan Jones. He's a talented back. 

9 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Didn’t know if this should be here or on the main board. What does everyone think about taking Sony Michel in the 2nd (if he’s there)? I think that he is Kamara 2.0 and would be fine with it even if RB isn’t the biggest need. Just wanted to see what others thought.

I think he’s closer to Barkley and the top 20 of the draft, than he is to the 2nd round. Right now I’d be surprised if he makes it out of the 1st round, he’s got size and hands (20+ catches SO and JR years) to go with explosiveness and speed. I’ve got the top 3 backs in the draft Barkley, Michel, Guice (I’m a LSU guy) today. IMO he’s a top 20 player skill set wise.

If he’s there in the second, which I am not anticipating, I take him, it’s a easy yes.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I like him but not in the second, there's always good backs later. If we don't use all our picks for a QB id rather build up the lines,WR, TE and LBs.

1 hour ago, kdiggz said:

i didn't watch a lot of their games so i won't pretend to be an expert but he wasn't even on a starter on his own team so can someone explain why everyone is so high on him?  Chubb was the starter for all of the games I saw

UGA has so many good rbs, they played a rotation where Chubb and Michel both got a lot of snaps.  Swift got the third most, but quite a lot of playing time.  Michel is the more explosive runner and a better receiver than Chubb.

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/20/2018 at 11:41 AM, Kirby Jackson said:

SEASON GA GP GS SNAPS SNAPS% RUSH ATT RUSH YDS YDS/ATT RUSH TD REC REC YDS REC TD FUM PROD PTS
2017 16 16 16 722 0.684 287 1138 4 6 59 448 2 3 204.6
2016 15 15 15 645 0.606 234 1267 5.4 13 51 356 1 3 248.3

Just based on this and I know it's limited. I think limiting his touches actually is better as he ages. I know the scheme was different in both years and he had Gillislee behind him, but his YPC was significantly higher with less touches. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.