Bills 2018 Mock Draft Watch

3 hours ago, Pete said:

a bigger version of Michael Vick, almost as fast, quicker release, big arm, play making machine, but much better at diagnosing defenses and understanding complex offenses

Pete, I see Lamar Jackson more as a Randall Cunningham clone. 

Edited by the skycap
  • Like (+1) 1

21. Buffalo Bills - 
WR James Washington, Oklahoma State
6'0", 205 lbs. 

It's no secret that these two picks at 21 and 22 might not both be used by the Bills, more useful as ammunition to move up into the draft. However, if the Bills do stay at 21 and 22, help is still on the way offensively. Washington has that speed to take the top off of defenses that the Bills desperately need, in addition to some clean route running. As for who's throwing to him... 

22. Buffalo Bills (from Chiefs) - 
QB Lamar Jackson, Louisville 
6'3", 211 lbs. 

Despite improving mechanics in each of the past two seasons, as well as improving his accuracy, Jackson remains a polarizing player in this draft. Jackson could use some time on the sidelines to learn, which is something the Bills could provide. In addition to a rocket arm and solid mechanics, Jackson is a dangerous runner who could dazzle any time he's out of the pocket. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

11 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

21. Buffalo Bills - 
6'0", 205 lbs. 

It's no secret that these two picks at 21 and 22 might not both be used by the Bills, more useful as ammunition to move up into the draft. However, if the Bills do stay at 21 and 22, help is still on the way offensively. Washington has that speed to take the top off of defenses that the Bills desperately need, in addition to some clean route running. As for who's throwing to him... 

6'3", 211 lbs. 

Despite improving mechanics in each of the past two seasons, as well as improving his accuracy, Jackson remains a polarizing player in this draft. Jackson could use some time on the sidelines to learn, which is something the Bills could provide. In addition to a rocket arm and solid mechanics, Jackson is a dangerous runner who could dazzle any time he's out of the pocket. 

If the Bills draft Jackson I'll be ecstatic. Would prefer a DT at 21 though. I'd get my receiver in DJ Chark later in draft. Our offense with Shady, Jackson and speedy Chark would be dynamic. 

This is my NFL equivalent to Lamar Jackson

Just now, the skycap said:

If the Bills draft Jackson I'll be ecstatic. Would prefer a DT at 21 though. I'd get my receiver in DJ Chark later in draft. Our offense with Shady, Jackson and speedy Chark would be dynamic. 

Jackson's throwing motion is much more compact, but I do get the comparison from the athletic perspective although RC is much taller.

TRADE — Buffalo Bills (from Giants): Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/list/nfl-mock-draft-2018-order-steelers-bills-giants-49ers-eagles-patriots/12s4l8ufbwr581kvdktr5z69co/slide/2

A year ago, the Bills were considering moving up in the draft for quarterback Mitchell Trubisky. Their new management and coaching staff in place this year could look for a similar move for Josh Rosen, a quarterback in whom they have shown substantial interest. Both of their first-round picks this year and a 2019 early round pick should be enough, and the Giants can move back and remain in win-now mode.

Edited by Wayne Cubed
  • Like (+1) 1

On 1/20/2018 at 9:56 AM, JaCrispy said:

Love the players...I just don’t think Smith will make it out of the top 15- I think we would have to trade up for him...hopefully then we could take Rudolph at 22...and then fill our DL through FA.

I agree man but IMO Rudolph will be long gone by 22.

14 hours ago, the skycap said:

No thank you on the running QB. I want a true pocket passer that can read the entire field, not pick one target to look at find he is covered and then run with it all the time. Running first QBs are always hurt in the NFL, if you want to run more get better RBs to do that part. It is hard enough to keep a QB healthy but to make him a big runner increases the problem even more.

Edited by xRUSHx

15 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

21. Buffalo Bills - 
6'0", 205 lbs. 

6'3", 211 lbs. 

I would rather have Christian Kirk than Washington.  I am still not sure Washington will be/should be a 1st round pick.

I REALLY want Allen Lazard from Iowa State in the later rounds, but that would make more sense if we also added a deep threat option in free agency or draft as well.

Edited by buffaloboyinATL

19 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Does he have the same consistent knack for improvisation that Vick does? 

I've seen his draft stock everywhere from top 5 to mid 2nd round. Why does that fluctuate as much? 

Also, what's the competition like for a school like Louisville? I know Bridgewater came from there and that the football program seems to be putting out some decent guys lately, but I don't know much about it. 

See, I'd rather have the pure passion of a Mayfield over the pure talent of a Rosen (if it's true that he isn't committed) 

Louisville plays in the ACC with Clemson, Florida State, etc. They're playing major conference teams every year. The ACC is generally pretty top-heavy though, so there's definitely some cupcakes within the conference, but it's not like he's playing at Wyoming where they basically don't play anyone.

Edit: I don't mean that as a shot at Allen btw; I love Allen as a prospect. My point is simply that having exposure to strong opponents isn't an issue for Lamar; his play against better teams has been inconsistent though (which to a degree is to be expected, Louisville is a pretty crappy team outside of Lamar so the powerhouse schools should beat up on them pretty good).

Edited by DCOrange

21. Buffalo Bills – Billy Price, OC, Ohio State

The Bills need a center with Eric Wood retiring early to a neck injury, and Price can play at a high level and can replace him. He is also versatile and can play any interior line position.

22. Buffalo Bills – Maurice Hurst, DT, Michigan

Hurst has rare first-step quickness and can get up the field in a hurry, and he is a perfect fit for the Bills defense. Hurst can get into the backfield in a flash to stunt plays before they begin.

21: R1P21

LB RASHAAN EVANS
ALABAMA
22: R1P22

DL DARON PAYNE
ALABAMA
53: R2P21

JAMES DANIELS
IOWA
56: R2P24

QB LAMAR JACKSON
LOUISVILLE
96: R3P32

WR ANTHONY MILLER
MEMPHIS
123: R4P21

LB DARIUS LEONARD
SOUTH CAROLINA STATE
160: R5P21

RB BO SCARBROUGH
ALABAMA
168: R5P29

CB CHANDON SULLIVAN
GEORGIA STATE
  • Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

LB RASHAAN EVANS
ALABAMA

DL DARON PAYNE
ALABAMA

JAMES DANIELS
IOWA

QB LAMAR JACKSON
LOUISVILLE

WR ANTHONY MILLER
MEMPHIS

LB DARIUS LEONARD
SOUTH CAROLINA STATE

RB BO SCARBROUGH
ALABAMA

CB CHANDON SULLIVAN
GEORGIA STATE

That would be incredible. Unlikely but incredible 

58 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

LB RASHAAN EVANS
ALABAMA

DL DARON PAYNE
ALABAMA

JAMES DANIELS
IOWA

QB LAMAR JACKSON
LOUISVILLE

WR ANTHONY MILLER
MEMPHIS

LB DARIUS LEONARD
SOUTH CAROLINA STATE

RB BO SCARBROUGH
ALABAMA

CB CHANDON SULLIVAN
GEORGIA STATE

Would love to grab Anthony Miller!! Kid is tough as nails!!

1 hour ago, aristocrat said:

Jackson in the second is unlikely

Agreed, although I could see Rudolph or Jackson there I suppose. I’d say it’s maybe 30% that one of them is on the board in the 2nd when we pick. I’m not sure that we will wait though. I was really trying to do a defense heavy mock just to see what it would look like. 

My Bills Pre-Combine 7-Round Mock Draft offered a scenario where Buffalo could choose two DT’s with its two first round picks so my intent here is to provide an alternative and options for the second round. Let’s examine three DT prospects Buffalo could target at each of its first three selections.

Round 1, pick 21 or 22:  Vita Vea, Washington

Round 2, pick 53:  Andrew Brown, Virginia

Round 2, pick 56:  Derrick Nnadi, Florida State

On 1/20/2018 at 9:49 AM, NewDayBills said:

21. Roquan Smith

22.) Vita Vea

33.) Mason Rudolph (trade up with CLE)

I would be totally stoked if we were to start our draft off with these 3 but like many on here, I don't see Rudolph lasting to 33. 

Let's Go Buffalo!!!!!

I would also love to get RB Penny in a later round, kid is going to be better than people are giving him credit for.