Bills 2018 Mock Draft Watch

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

What about Jackson is better than Taylor? (Not arguing, just genuinely curious)

Much better passer.  He has guts to make a tough throw.  Tyrod is risk averse.  Lamar can throw from pocket.  And is just as dangerous, if not more, when he takes off

Edited by Pete
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

What about Jackson is better than Taylor? (Not arguing, just genuinely curious)

Jackson has a cannon for an arm, is a better runner than Tyrod, more willing to stand in the pocket, sees the field better, and is big enough to see the field/throw over the O-Line.

Just now, whatdrought said:

@Pete  Who do you compare Jackson to/see him as similar to? 

a bigger version of Michael Vick, almost as fast, quicker release, big arm, play making machine, but much better at diagnosing defenses and understanding complex offenses

4 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Mayfield and Darnold for me. I don't like Rosen when the play breaks down and a lot of questions about his commitment to the game.

Very fair.

I'm not as concerned as you are, but I also can't argue those points, as they are legit, and it really is perception on the degree to which they affect things.

I think a lot of people view him as a Jay Cutler, amazing arm and talent, but questions about his leadership, personality (as a teammate, as well as towards the media), and his "football desire" all remind many of Jay.

The last one is definitely a big possible issue, as somebody who isn't mentally committed to football could run into on the field issues (not caring if they win or lose, which generally means less practice time, and this indifferent attitude can affect teammates)

All valid concerns.

I think Mayfield is a gamer, and not just wants to win, but hates losing, and those are two very different things.

Everybody wants to win.

Not everybody has that visceral hatred for losing, which is something you see in all the greats in every sport (Jordan, Kobe, Brady, etc).

It's a very distinct difference, and I fully agree that Rosen might not fit that mold.

1 minute ago, Pete said:

a bigger version of Michael Vick, almost as fast, quicker release, big arm, play making machine, but much better at diagnosing defenses and understanding complex offenses

Does he have the same consistent knack for improvisation that Vick does? 

I've seen his draft stock everywhere from top 5 to mid 2nd round. Why does that fluctuate as much? 

Also, what's the competition like for a school like Louisville? I know Bridgewater came from there and that the football program seems to be putting out some decent guys lately, but I don't know much about it. 

1 minute ago, SouthNYfan said:

Very fair.

I'm not as concerned as you are, but I also can't argue those points, as they are legit, and it really is perception on the degree to which they affect things.

I think a lot of people view him as a Jay Cutler, amazing arm and talent, but questions about his leadership, personality (as a teammate, as well as towards the media), and his "football desire" all remind many of Jay.

The last one is definitely a big possible issue, as somebody who isn't mentally committed to football could run into on the field issues (not caring if they win or lose, which generally means less practice time, and this indifferent attitude can affect teammates)

All valid concerns.

I think Mayfield is a gamer, and not just wants to win, but hates losing, and those are two very different things.

Everybody wants to win.

Not everybody has that visceral hatred for losing, which is something you see in all the greats in every sport (Jordan, Kobe, Brady, etc).

It's a very distinct difference, and I fully agree that Rosen might not fit that mold.

See, I'd rather have the pure passion of a Mayfield over the pure talent of a Rosen (if it's true that he isn't committed)