Jump to content
26CornerBlitz

Bills 2018 Mock Draft Watch

Recommended Posts

no way roquan falls to us but if he does mcd cant get to the podium fast enough

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In his first mock draft of the season, NFLDraftScout.com's Rob Ranghas the Bills staying put at picks 21 and 22 and adding an impact player on each side of the ball. He started with LSU pass rusher Arden Key, who had an underwhelming final season with the Tigers but has tons of potential. Here's what Rang said: 

"The Bills finished last among playoff teams with just 27 sacks over the regular season. That won't sit well with defensive-minded head coach Sean McDermott, who could see the 6-5, 265-pound Key as the perfect edge rusher to unlock Buffalo's potential."

 

The blockbuster pick of Rang's draft comes at 22, though. With that pick, he has the Bills taking Louisville quarterback Lamar Jackson. Jackson is a polarizing prospect in the NFL Draft community. Former Bills general manager Bill Polian thinks Jackson would fit best in the NFL as a wide receiver, but his passing acumen developed well during his time at Louisville. Jackson is still an unfinished product at quarterback, but there's not much reason to think he can't continue his ascent and become a franchise quarterback. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

In his first mock draft of the season, NFLDraftScout.com's Rob Ranghas the Bills staying put at picks 21 and 22 and adding an impact player on each side of the ball. He started with LSU pass rusher Arden Key, who had an underwhelming final season with the Tigers but has tons of potential. Here's what Rang said: 

"The Bills finished last among playoff teams with just 27 sacks over the regular season. That won't sit well with defensive-minded head coach Sean McDermott, who could see the 6-5, 265-pound Key as the perfect edge rusher to unlock Buffalo's potential."

 

The blockbuster pick of Rang's draft comes at 22, though. With that pick, he has the Bills taking Louisville quarterback Lamar Jackson. Jackson is a polarizing prospect in the NFL Draft community. Former Bills general manager Bill Polian thinks Jackson would fit best in the NFL as a wide receiver, but his passing acumen developed well during his time at Louisville. Jackson is still an unfinished product at quarterback, but there's not much reason to think he can't continue his ascent and become a franchise quarterback. 

Rob, you're almost right!! Gotta get the BIG man first!! Gotta get Vea!! Vea and Jackson would be awesome 1st rd picks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/20/2018 at 9:49 AM, NewDayBills said:

21. Roquan Smith

22.) Vita Vea

33.) Mason Rudolph (trade up with CLE)

 

If this happens, I'd be ecstatic. But I don't see either Smith or Vea falling that far, I hope I'm wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, CSBill said:

 

If this happens, I'd be ecstatic. But I don't see either Smith or Vea falling that far, I hope I'm wrong.

This would be a dream scenario.  Ain't gonna happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/20/2018 at 7:27 PM, Tatonka68 said:

21 Mason Rudolph QB

22. James Washington WR

 

I thought about that combo when watching them in their bowl game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not real familiar with New Arena but this is a pretty interesting mock draft.

 

http://newarena.com/nfl/2018-nfl-mock-draft-1-0-who-will-your-favorite-team-select/?amxt=fbdt_avnt2

 

Here's what they have for the Bills:

Christian Kirk WR Texas A&M

As we saw in the playoff loss to the Jaguars, Buffalo is in desperate need of some skill within its receiver corps. Kelvin Benjamin’s conditioning is a huge question mark going forward. Apologies to Deonte Thompson, but he’s not anything more than a third receiver (at best).

Kirk would offer Buffalo a true game-breaker. He can line up at any spot – whether it’s in the slot, or on the perimeter. Having elite ball skills and sublime quickness, Kirk is supremely slippery with the ball in his hands. His value is increased even further with terrific skill in the return game. Buffalo would do very well to land him at this point in the draft. Should the Bills move on from Tyrod Taylor, Mason Rudolph could get a look here.

and:

Christian Wilkins DT Clemson

Kyle Williams has long been the heartbeat of the Bills’ franchise. His entire 11-year career has been played in Buffalo, and the 5-time Pro Bowler has been more than impactful both on and off the field. However, at 34 years of age, it may be time for Buffalo to draft his eventual replacement. Enter Wilkins – a versatile defender with an intriguing skill-set.

The 6’4” 300-pounder can virtually play anywhere along the defensive front. Though a nice athlete, Wilkins also plays with a low center of gravity. This enables him to be solid against the run. With the big game experience he’s collected at Clemson, expect Wilkins to make an impact early in the NFL.

 
  • By the way, the more I see of Christian Kirk, the more intrigued I am. I know WR is not a top priority, but damn he looks good and is a hell of a return guy too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wilkins returned to school. Maybe it was an older mock?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Wilkins returned to school. Maybe it was an older mock?

Oh, must have been. Sorry, did not notice that. The article was from Jan 11th. Perhaps they just had a bad research team. :)

Edited by buffaloboyinATL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

21. Buffalo Bills | Mason Rudolph | QB | Oklahoma State

Tyrod Taylor doesn’t look like the long-term answer for the Bills at quarterback, and the early returns aren’t promising on Nate Peterman. A bit of a reach this early, Rudolph is big, athletic and talented, but needs more polish and consistency.

22. Buffalo Bills (from KC) | Vita Vea | DL | Washington

After landing their franchise quarterback a few picks earlier, the Bills turn their attention to the defensive line, where replacing the departed Marcell Dareus and the aging Kyle Williams is a priority. Vea is the rare space-eater who can get after the passer with ridiculous athleticism for his size.

53. Buffalo Bills | James Washington | WR | Oklahoma State
55. Buffalo Bills (from LAR) | Leighton Vander Esch | LB | Boise State

95. Buffalo Bills (from PHI) | M.J. Stewart | CB | North Carolina

117. Buffalo Bills | Mark Walton | RB | Miami (FL)

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/22/2018 at 7:26 PM, CSBill said:

 

If this happens, I'd be ecstatic. But I don't see either Smith or Vea falling that far, I hope I'm wrong.

Remember these gems?

OMG!  I can't believe he fell to us. We're getting Ngata! Hello Whitner.

 

OMG! I can't believe he fell to us. We're getting Orapko! Hello Maybin.

 

OMG! I can't believe we're getting Mack!

Hello Sammy.

 

Someone always drops, question is do we pick them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

26, seems a lot have them keeping both picks and going Rudolph, with general consensus being a defensive player at the other spot.

 

You think Rudolph lasts until 21?

I'm not sure he does.

 

Who would you like at 22 for the defense (Vita? I'd like him or Smith, though I'm not sure Smith will be available. I think white and Gaines are good at cb, we shouldn't go with Jackson)

On 1/25/2018 at 7:08 AM, billsbackto81 said:

Remember these gems?

OMG!  I can't believe he fell to us. We're getting Ngata! Hello Whitner.

 

OMG! I can't believe he fell to us. We're getting Orapko! Hello Maybin.

 

OMG! I can't believe we're getting Mack!

Hello Sammy.

 

Someone always drops, question is do we pick them?

 

I feel like I have PTDD (post traumatic draft disorder) when reliving these draft nuggets of sorrow.

Edited by SouthNYfan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SouthNYfan said:

26, seems a lot have them keeping both picks and going Rudolph, with general consensus being a defensive player at the other spot.

 

You think Rudolph lasts until 21?

I'm not sure he does.

 

Who would you like at 22 for the defense (Vita? I'd like him or Smith, though I'm not sure Smith will be available. I think white and Gaines are good at cb, we shouldn't go with Jackson)

 

I believe Rudolph has late 1st/early second value so he could very well be there.  The pick at 22 will be based on how they do in UFA to plug holes and/or whether they are able to re-sign Gaines.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

 

I believe Rudolph has late 1st/early second value so he could very well be there.  The pick at 22 will be based on how they do in UFA to plug holes and/or whether they are able to re-sign Gaines.

 

I agree on both counts.

I wouldn't be upset with Rudolph if we decided to stay put.

I agree with his talent assessment/position.

Sometimes QBs jump though with a good combine.

I could see him jumping into the teens.

I mean Christ we took EJ in the first, so dumb sh*t happens.

 

I would prefer we kept Gaines.

He's very solid, plays well in our system, and our top 4 secondary guys (white and Gaines @ cb, poyer and Hyde @ the S) seem to compliment and play well off each other.

 

Assuming we keep Gaines, and assuming Vita and roq are still available, who would you prefer?

 

I like Smith a lot, although I'm wondering if the raiders take him to pair with Mack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SouthNYfan said:

 

I agree on both counts.

I wouldn't be upset with Rudolph if we decided to stay put.

I agree with his talent assessment/position.

Sometimes QBs jump though with a good combine.

I could see him jumping into the teens.

I mean Christ we took EJ in the first, so dumb sh*t happens.

 

I would prefer we kept Gaines.

He's very solid, plays well in our system, and our top 4 secondary guys (white and Gaines @ cb, poyer and Hyde @ the S) seem to compliment and play well off each other.

 

Assuming we keep Gaines, and assuming Vita and roq are still available, who would you prefer?

 

I like Smith a lot, although I'm wondering if the raiders take him to pair with Mack

 

Smith preferably, but I can't see him lasting until 22. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

 

Smith preferably, but I can't see him lasting until 22. 

 

Same

I not sure vea does either

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

So....Add center to our list of positions....

 

No.  Ryan Groy is already in place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

 

No.  Ryan Groy is already in place.

Still need depth and if at one of our picks if a top C is available and BPA you have to take him...I never said top need btw

 

Wood & Groy = Starter & Depth

Groy = not enough

Edited by Reed83HOF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Reed83HOF said:

Still need depth and if at one of our picks if a top C is available and BPA you have to take him...I never said top need btw

 

Wood & Groy = Starter & Depth

Groy = not enough

 

They'll likely draft or acquire a player via free agency who can play all three interior OL positions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

 

They'll likely draft or acquire a player via free agency who can play all three interior OL positions. 

 

Makes Hubbard from PIT even more of a target, imho. Guy can start at RT, but had some, albeit shaky, reps at C for the Steelers this year, too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×